Macherie's Blowin' in the Wind Challenge - No Heat for 4 Months!

Can I join? I know I'm a bit late...
But I'm actually on my own personal challenge of No-heat until December and this will help!
My no-heat styles will involve airdrying and flexis, rollersets that are airdried overnight (for fancy occasions) and braid/twist outs. I know I'll see a massive improvement in overall health if I do this.
I'm following behind my hair idols - Isis and Dsylla!!! :yep:

I'm doing a wash and go (with oil rinsing and distilled water) every three days. To keep it fresh I apply conditioner and distilled water to the ends at night, cover it with a scarf, and rinse the ends in the morning.

I am using a pass today.

I am henna'ing and indigo'ing my hair. I am going to be using alot of indirect heat and maybe a little direct heat. I havent decided.

I am so excited to get that beautiful blue-black hair.

My process:
Apply henna paste
DC with heat for 2 hours
Apply indigo paste
Plastic cap and heat for 1 hour
Apply moisture, oil, leave-in, OCT
Style hair: I dont know whether to let rest or straighten.

OT: what's your henna/indigo mix? Have you used before?

I'm doing a wash and go (with oil rinsing and distilled water) every three days. To keep it fresh I apply conditioner and distilled water to the ends at night, cover it with a scarf, and rinse the ends in the morning.

Sareca...your hair is SOOOO pretty! Can I have it? :lachen:

I was curious about the oil rinsing, though. What exactly is that/how do you do it? Benefits?

Henna Mix:
Jamila Henna
Water
AVC
Chamomile Tea
Stirred to make yourt consistency
40 min with hooded dryer

Indigo Mix:
Water
Sea Salt
Stirred to make a yogurt consistency
40 min with hooded dryer

I post pictures later......

OT: what's your henna/indigo mix? Have you used before?

another staple style using flexi8's... i :love4: these things! click pic to see larger it';s a french roll with the ends tucked and rolled into the bun part, no extra pins or antyhing needed with the clip...

ummm...i guess i'm basically doing updos for the next 4 months...:ohwell:

Attachments

• 100_5200com.JPG
    100_5200com.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 15
Henna Mix:
Jamila Henna
Water
AVC
Chamomile Tea
Stirred to make yourt consistency
40 min with hooded dryer

Indigo Mix:
Water
Sea Salt
Stirred to make a yogurt consistency
40 min with hooded dryer

I post pictures later......

'preciate it. I can't wait to see it!:yep:

Can I be added? I just came out of braids so, I've been heat free since April. I love a challenge:grin: Also, since I'm moving soon...this means that I can go ahead and pack up my Pibbs :lol:

Last edited:
Packing up the Pibbs is what started this challenge. Macherie packed it up and sent it to Philly while she travels over seas....

Can I be added? I just came out of braids so, I've been heat free since April. I love a challenge:grin: Also, since I'm moving soon...this means that I can go ahead and pack up my Pibbs :lol:

i so want to join this challenge!
But i have a date next week.....and i wanted to flat iron
oh well he can wait:ohwell:
i guess i will rock a cute Braid out Go to the pool and call it a day:yep:

Im in:grin:

I used a pass today. I sat under a hooded dryer for my henna and indigo treatments. I have 2 more this summer. So you can use a pass whenever you're ready.

i so want to join this challenge!
But i have a date next week.....and i wanted to flat iron
oh well he can wait:ohwell:
i guess i will rock a cute Braid out Go to the pool and call it a day:yep:

Im in:grin:

another staple style using flexi8's... i :love4: these things! click pic to see larger it';s a french roll with the ends tucked and rolled into the bun part, no extra pins or antyhing needed with the clip...

ummm...i guess i'm basically doing updos for the next 4 months...:ohwell:

the style with the clip is sooooo cute..... how do you achieve it? do you just twist your hair up like a french roll?

I would love to join this too. I'm going for a relaxer in a couple of weeks though and will most likely get a blow out or maybe a roller set, but other than that, NO HEAT till August!!!

I'd like to join also... I'm 26 weeks post and the only time I plan to use heat is if I break down and get a relaxer before August.

I will join the challege. After my cut in December I have been struggling to gain significant length and I think I am going to wear a lacefront or braids for the summer until September 28 (my bday). Also after experiencing the weather today I doubt my hair could stand up to this humidity and heat no matter how great the serum/flat iron is.

No heat, OCT, and henna/indigo....

I wonder how my hair will fair at the end of Summer. I know my hair feels so incredibly soft right now I cant stand it. And its finally JET BLACK:grin:

How is everyone doing so far? Has anyone been tempted to use heat yet? I'm still doing fine. Probably the fact that I am still pretty much in a fresh relaxer makes things a little easier. Hopefully my newgrowth will behave when it gets thick. I baggied last night. It's been a long time since I have, but my ends came out like butter.

How is everyone doing so far? Has anyone been tempted to use heat yet? I'm still doing fine. Probably the fact that I am still pretty much in a fresh relaxer makes things a little easier. Hopefully my newgrowth will behave when it gets thick. I baggied last night. It's been a long time since I have, but my ends came out like butter.

:wave:me!! I want some heat...bad...i just want some nice fluffy curls from a roller set...:ohwell: i have tried air drying in rollers overnight and my hair still isn't dry in the morning :nono:, plus I cannot sleep in rollers and my roots don't feel as soft...they are kinda hard and crunchy...:perplexed

:wave:me!! I want some heat...bad...i just want some nice fluffy curls from a roller set...:ohwell: i have tried air drying in rollers overnight and my hair still isn't dry in the morning :nono:, plus I cannot sleep in rollers and my roots don't feel as soft...they are kinda hard and crunchy...:perplexed

I'm sorry to hear that. Look at Isis and Dyslla. They are the no heat queens and they have some of the thickest hair on the board.

I'm still hanging in there. I thought about flat ironing my hair so that I could put some clip-in extensions in this weekend....and then I remembered this challenge. No biggie, I'm loving co-washing and WNGs.

I'm still hanging in there. I thought about flat ironing my hair so that I could put some clip-in extensions in this weekend....and then I remembered this challenge. No biggie, I'm loving co-washing and WNGs.

I can see how being natural or texlax'd would make this challenge a breeze. Pretty WnGs everyday. No need for heat.:yep:

I want to join the challenge also. BGE is killing us with the electric bills, so that means no air-conditioning for a while

I was looking at the first post and I saw one of the models with a herringbone braid. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do that.

thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that. Look at Isis and Dyslla. They are the no heat queens and they have some of the thickest hair on the board.

I need to go check out their FOTKIs.:yep: I'm hanging in there, tho-:look: i tried to do a roller set last night and my hair was still wet this morning, so my ends were all fuzzy...oh well, i guess back to up do's and wet buns...it's not so bad, tho- bc it is summer and it's nice to have it off the neck...i'ma keep it movin' and plug on thru it...:grin:

Welcome Challengers!

missprincess011
shinyblackhair
misstical
missfallon
cocochanty
sunnydelight

Who Else Wants To Join The DREAM TEAM?

Back