Macherie's Blowin' in the Wind Challenge - No Heat for 4 Months!

YAY! Glad to see more people joining up! Thanks pretty :)

Yeh, Im tired of fighting with my SO who claims the Pibbs turns our apt into an oven. I...just..cant...do..it this summer. Plus, the warm summer heat drying my hair will be awesome.

I posted these pics on my blog and ning site but here is what my hair looks like airdried out in the open, lol. Sorry the pics are so big :ohwell:

163708Snapshot4.jpg
163712Snapshot2.jpg

WOW! Even your airdried hair looks great.:yep:

im in... its what i was already planning for the summer

im doing hardcore no manipulation for summer, 4 months. i'm already 10 weeks post as of may 10. im not relaxing until august 14. i'm not worried about stretching being a problem. here is my extreme no manip regimen for the next 14 weeks:

detangle w/ wide tooth comb every 14 days
one co wash and one shampoo a week. conditioners will vary. i will be using ors aloe shampoo.
i will deep condition after shampooing. but i dont like or care about deep conditioning so im not counting that as part of the process.
moisturize w/ glycerin/vitamin leave in/humectress concoction. seal w/ coconut oil.
no combing. no brushing. no tugging. no pulling. basically no styling at all other than VERY GENTLY smoothing into a ponytail when necessary
i am also going to try to stick with my gym routine (usually 4 days a week) but i'm feeling lazy right now so who the hell knows...
i am probably going to give myself a pass and straighten thoroughly for my bday in early july.

i have tried a lot of different techniques in 08 and i was not satisfied with anything i was doing. i felt i was losing too much hair and not getting the retention i needed. so this is another little experiment im trying out. its a HYH, no heat, no manip, stretch, co wash, exercise challenge all rolled into one. hopefully i'll have significant results in august.

I have to say you're calves look awesome...:yep:

im in... its what i was already planning for the summer

im doing hardcore no manipulation for summer, 4 months. i'm already 10 weeks post as of may 10. im not relaxing until august 14. i'm not worried about stretching being a problem. here is my extreme no manip regimen for the next 14 weeks:

detangle w/ wide tooth comb every 14 days
one co wash and one shampoo a week. conditioners will vary. i will be using ors aloe shampoo.
i will deep condition after shampooing. but i dont like or care about deep conditioning so im not counting that as part of the process.
moisturize w/ glycerin/vitamin leave in/humectress concoction. seal w/ coconut oil.
no combing. no brushing. no tugging. no pulling. basically no styling at all other than VERY GENTLY smoothing into a ponytail when necessary
i am also going to try to stick with my gym routine (usually 4 days a week) but i'm feeling lazy right now so who the hell knows...
i am probably going to give myself a pass and straighten thoroughly for my bday in early july.

i have tried a lot of different techniques in 08 and i was not satisfied with anything i was doing. i felt i was losing too much hair and not getting the retention i needed. so this is another little experiment im trying out. its a HYH, no heat, no manip, stretch, co wash, exercise challenge all rolled into one. hopefully i'll have significant results in august.

I'm in! Planning to do mostly co-washes and buns or braid outs and twists out air dried overnight. My best friend is getting married, though, so I will have to use heat on at least two occasions (shower+wedding).

I think I will join this. I usuallly only flat iron my roots and not the length. So, maybe for summer it could be good to do this ... no heat that is.

• washing and DC weekly
  • moisturizing with infusium concoction
  • scalp massage w/ essential oil mix
wishing everyone the best!

Welcome Challengers!

vivacious1083
nodisrespect
healthytresses
findingme
ballerina_bun
harmony0221

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

We are on our way to healthier, thicker, fuller heads of hair.

I want to join. I have been trying to keep the heat out of my hair anyways. I have been washing once a week and condish with silicon mix and doing protein as needed, I either wrap it or roller set and air dry pr dry over night. I am using lacio lacio and lottabody to set it and it is really shiny with that so I don't overload my hair on greasy produts. I use pure mango butter and/or coconut oil as needed for shine and for sealing.

hairupdos_5.jpg

I like this. Ladies, how can I recreate it without using a banana clip?

I think you could just pin sections up using regular old bobby pins...:yep: Did you roller set your hair and let air dry or did you air dry and then roll overnight? (i am curious as to how folks are getting curls with no heat...) You could pincurls the curls at night or use rollers to maintain...it's definitely a tite style-

I think you could just pin sections up using regular old bobby pins...:yep: Did you roller set your hair and let air dry or did you air dry and then roll overnight? (i am curious as to how folks are getting curls with no heat...) You could pincurls the curls at night or use rollers to maintain...it's definitely a tite style-
SUNP0022-vi.jpg

sorry the pic is so big. I used lottabody on dry hair, that had been air dried. I just let it dry while I did housework. I may try that style tomorrow if I get the motivation to curl it. I think that style is sooooooooo cute and is classy.

I would like to join this challenge. I already do not use any heat except when I get a relaxer at the salon. My regimine is in my fotki on the about me page then more in depth info is in the journals. :)

Welcome Challengers!

supernova
natstar
myronnie
belleama
chameleonchick
missconstrue

Who Else Wants To Join The DREAM TEAM?

SUNP0022-vi.jpg

sorry the pic is so big. I used lottabody on dry hair, that had been air dried. I just let it dry while I did housework. I may try that style tomorrow if I get the motivation to curl it. I think that style is sooooooooo cute and is classy.

O-M-G! YOu don't need direct heat!!! Those curls are the biz-ness!! LOVE IT! I also love the flat twists in the front. I will be hairlifting this style....this week... I'll try and post a pic...
:luv2:

I may have to try this. Thanks for posting.

SUNP0022-vi.jpg

Back