Macadamia Oil- Sally's Line

OP your linked opened up to the serum for me. Did you actually mean to link to the repair mask? If so here it is: http://www.sallybeauty.com/deep-repair-masque/SBS-737406,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

I was literally thinking in my head earlier today how I need to start a thread for generics or equivalent products for this line. This may be the answer to my questions! I will deffinitely be trying this out. Now if only they created a shampoo and wash out conditioner, I would be SOOOOOO happy. $25 for some sulfate free shampoo is kind of steep!

I LOVE the Macadamia Naturals Line, but the Deep Repair Masque cost is steep. I have to go Sally's today anyway to get some nail stuff, if I see it , I sure will buy some. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Sigh....no luck at my local Sally's. I am going to keep my eye out for it though. Now I really want to compare it to the original.

Last edited:
So last night I looked and there was no shampoo but now the shampoo is there. THere's no price or anything so I think its being updated to the sally's catalog. Its also listed under new items so I'm sure the stores will be receiving it as a shipment soon. I'm going to call ahead of time to ensure that its there before I drive over to sally's.

This was PERFECT timing. I was just complaining yesterday about how my trial pack of the real macadamia natural oil line just ran out and how I couldn't justify paying so much for a shampoo and conditioner. I might order online and use it for my next wash day. I'll report back with a review.

I stopped at two Sally's and got a few goodies but neither had the Macadamia Line. The last Sally's claimed they probably won't get it if they haven't received it by now; even though she did not know what I was talking about. She kept trying to show me the products that they had in their ethnic hair line, "curls unleashed", "as I am" and so on, and I found myself becoming angry, explaining that the products that I was looking for had nothing to do with "ethnic" anything! I think I felt pissy because the first Sally's store was doing the same thing. I felt it was quite presumptuous of them to think that I was looking for an ethnic product after I specifically told them that it was a knock off from the popular Macadamia Natural Oil brand. I told them it would most likely not be with those other products and I never said that I was looking for the product for me! I just ordered the goods online and I saw that they did add the shampoo.

I didn't know this line even existed. I thought ya'll were talking about the Proclaim Argan Oil line, I always thought it was the knockoff.

I stopped at two Sally's and got a few goodies but neither had the Macadamia Line. The last Sally's claimed they probably won't get it if they haven't received it by now; even though she did not know what I was talking about. She kept trying to show me the products that they had in their ethnic hair line, "curls unleashed", "as I am" and so on, and I found myself becoming angry, explaining that the products that I was looking for had nothing to do with "ethnic" anything! I think I felt pissy because the first Sally's store was doing the same thing. I felt it was quite presumptuous of them to think that I was looking for an ethnic product after I specifically told them that it was a knock off from the popular Macadamia Natural Oil brand. I told them it would most likely not be with those other products and I never said that I was looking for the product for me! I just ordered the goods online and I saw that they did add the shampoo.

yeppp my sallys tries to do this too. i tried to get some of the gvp paul mitchell products and the store owner was telling me that its not for my hair. Honestly I just realized that I don't have much time for sally's so I'll probably just order it in the next week or two online.

Chellypie- I will surely report back once I receive these products and let you all know how it turned out for me.

If the Sally's sales people would just shut up for a minute they might find that they can sell a lot more product. Sometimes you can learn something from your customers. It is unbelievable to me that they don't realize that they have so many other products, besides the ones marketed towards ethnic hair, that ethnic people can use. But maybe I'm living in the "forum world" and in the "real world" ethnic people are drawn only to ethnic products like androids.
This would make a good thread.

No luck at my sallys either. They actually had no idea what I was talking about. The sales lady suggested I purchase online and call periodically to see if i get a shipment. I ended up getting kera pro to try instead

I'd like to hear results from this. Mac oil was on my list of things to try but I was planning on just getting the real oil.

I ordered this online, 2 days ago. I will come back to this thread with a review, when I get it. I only ordered the deep repair Masque, I had no need for the oil or the poo.

I received my order yesterday. Sally's is doing much better with packaging. I have not tried these products; wash day is coming up soon. I got:

Macadamia Oil Revitalizing Conditioner. The bottle says to wet hair, towel dry and apply small amount. DO NOT RINSE. On the site the package directions say to rinse out; can be used as a leave-in. It's thick. If you turn it upside down it won't run out. The scent is light.

The Hair serum is thin and clear and its use is for styling or finishing. I wonder if they are going to do a Macadamia Treatment. I like the original treatment but the serum is fine. Sometimes I put in too much treatment and that can block further moisture from getting in.

Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque looks good. It's a hearty jar. I hope its good. It doesn't look special but the ingredients look good enough. It is very light in scent.

Reporting back...I DC'd with the Deep Repair Masque last night. This DC is really thick! I love thick DC's so this is right up my alley. It has a nice light smell to it and the ingredients are really good. I washed the CON argan poo, and then DC'd for 15 minutes (the jar said no longer than 7 min, lol) with heat. When I got back in the shower, the DC was washing out with, but was not slippy. I like slip in my conditioners, but slip does not always equate to moisture. So I was more interested in seeing the end result.

My hair felt very strong, and a little hard. That left me a little perplexed, and then I remembered this is marketed as a deep repair DC, "Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque is a reconstructor for dry or damaged hair. Combines Macadamia & Argan oils with Tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extract to nourish and condition damaged dry hair."

I felt my hair needed to be softened up a little so I put Aussie 3 min Miracle on literally for 3 minutes in the shower. I applied my leave ins, smoothed my hair into a bun, put on my silk scarf and sat under the dryer for 35 minutes. Here is where the magic happened, my hair was shiny and oh so freaking soft and touchable. It was so soft to the point I kept touching my hair all night long.

I give this product 5 stars. It did act like a light protein for me though. The name brand Macadamia natural line deep repair Masque is more moisturizing IMO, but for the cost trust and believe I will be adding a DC to it to make it a little more moisturizing. I am so glad I ordered 2 jars of this DC. I can't wait until the stores start stocking this. I predict this line will be a really good seller for Sally's

SelfStyled- thanks for this thorough review. You know it pays to read. Deep Repair will give you a different result from say an intense hydrating mask. So many times I was disappointed in results because I didn't read exactly what type of product it is. Luckily, I need a repair mask in my line-up, so this is perfect. Glad you liked it.

Kellistar. No problem for the review at all. So true- it does pay too read. I also needed something like this in my regimen, so this is just perfect for me too.

@Chellypie- I will surely report back once I receive these products and let you all know how it turned out for me.

If the Sally's sales people would just shut up for a minute they might find that they can sell a lot more product. Sometimes you can learn something from your customers. It is unbelievable to me that they don't realize that they have so many other products, besides the ones marketed towards ethnic hair, that ethnic people can use. But maybe I'm living in the "forum world" and in the "real world" ethnic people are drawn only to ethnic products like androids.
This would make a good thread.
I seldom go to Sally's I know they don't know a thing....
I drive to a BSS ( in a ethnic area)
they have everything cheaper too,,,:grin:
problem there, is a lot (asians owners) don't know if the products work or not...:ohwell:
yea that would be a good thread

I went to a Sally's and asked for it and it was still in the back but they sold it to me anyway. I love the restorative masque. My hair felt soft after using. The shampoo was not that moisturizing. I did not buy the other conditioner in the line.

I think the line should be out now. I went to another Sally's and the whole line was on the shelf. I bought the other conditioner(in the bottle) it was very moisturizing as well. My hair was very soft today. I wish they had the leave in conditioner dupe at Sally's.

i got it! the mask smells delish. I was gonna get the serum but just didnt think it was necessary as i have a bunch of shines and serums that need to be used up.

I might be adding a little honey to make it more moisturizing. Will be using on next wash day, so I will prolly use it how it is out of the jar.

Finally, I got around to using the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque. I liked the results that I got based on my naked hair:

Photo on 2012-09-10 at 12.37 #4.jpg

^This is my hair after the conditioning process, naked. I liked how my hair was soft, less frizzy and shiny.

Photo on 2012-09-10 at 13.52 #3.jpg

^This is my hair, damp, with styling product

Photo on 2012-09-10 at 21.21.jpg

^This is the end result, my hair finished with styling product

If my hair were in bad shape, I can see how this masque could mend it back to a healthier state. It also provided me with a good detangling factor, so this is worth the money and I don't feel that it's necessary for me to try the expensive brand. ( I've tried the name brand Macadamia Treatment Oil and Leave-In conditioner). The week before, I tried the name brand MoroccanOil Intense Hydrating Oil Masque. I LOVE this product, but it is expensive, you get less and my results were exactly the same as with this Macadamia Oil
Repair Masque.

Back