Macadamia Oil- Sally's Line

I tried and like the masque as well. I notice the instructions indicate you should not use it more than twice a week. I suppose that's due to the protein??

I think it's bc of the protein^^^

Kelli you're hair came out nice!! I have yet to try because I have too many open conditioners

finally tried this! My hair loved the protein. It felt great while rinsing out. While drying my ends weren't crunchy which is always good. Dried nice and shiny. They are B1G1 free this month so I am going to go get 2 more :yep:

ETA: O and I can still smell the scent the next day :grin:

I have these products (except oil) in my stash, haven't tried them yet. I'm glad to know I'll need to use moisturizing condish afterwards.

Last edited:
I have a 19 year old cousin who has natural hair (type 3), and she mentioned using Macadamia Oil products on her hair. Last week, she was wearing her hair straightened, and her hair was shiny and frizz free.

I had the most wonderful experience with this product line last night. The shampoo is awesome, as is the smell with everything. The poo suds up really well and my hair was very soft and moisturized. I put the conditioner on and left it for about 5 minutes, rinsed and t-shirt dried it and it still felt just wonderful. I put the DC on for 30 minutes with a plastic cap, and then one of those silver caps on top. When I rinsed my hair, it was beyond moisturized, soft and very strong. Had very very little breakage. The DC is really thick and you don't need to use a lot.

I then DC'd with another awesome product from Sally's called, Gro Healthy Nothing But Intense Healing Mask. This is a very thick and moisturizing product and I would buy it again, no questions asked.

Can someone please post the ingredients to the mask. I can't find them anywhere. Thanks

Water(Aqua), Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Esters, PEG-100 Stearate, Amodimethicone, Beeswax, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerinm, Trideceth-12, Oleyl Alcohol, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Verbascum Thapsus Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract,Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Lactic Acid."

Personally I think this is one of their knock-offs, they are trying to copy Macadamia Natural Oil products. Even the containers look the same. I think ill buy one and compare.

I'm looking for an on the ground moisturizing DC option and this one looks promising I just have so many other financial obligations I can't seem to fit it into my budget this month :nono: Idk, I have some Sally's coupons. I might be able to swing it....

Personally I think this is one of their knock-offs, they are trying to copy Macadamia Natural Oil products. Even the containers look the same. I think ill buy one and compare.

It has to be a knock off it has almost the exact same name. That's why I couldn't look up the ingredients I kept getting the real macadamia natural oil deep repair mask DC. They better be careful.

The original is in the first pic and the last 3 are from Sally's. I feel a law suit coming....

Attachments

• 0_8070.jpg
    0_8070.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 46
  • SBS-737406.jpg
    SBS-737406.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 42
  • SBS-737404.jpg
    SBS-737404.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 38
  • SBS-737402.jpg
    SBS-737402.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 32
I love this line!!
I didn't know it was a knockoff. The shampoo is clear but super thick, cleans really well and made my hair soooo soft. The conditioner doesn't have much slip, but it was soft when I washed it out. The conditioner had better results in my dd's hair, made it soft and shiny.
I used the masque, kept it in for about 5 hours (even though it said 7 mins) I was so sad I had to wash it out. My hair was soft and moisturized for a whole week. I also love the serum, makes my hair soft, but not as shiny as the one n only argan. I would definitely purchase again.

I've used the mask, didn't even know this was Sally's line because I got it from a Korean BSS.

I really like the mask, it's very concentrated as I said in my previous post. You do NOT need a lot, I'm heavy handed and I don't even use too much. I just relaxed less than a week ago and washed already. I had a bit of breakage that was more than usual, more than I'm happy with, and wasn't caused by forced manipulation so I decided that this mask would be fitting to use since I tried it before and it seemed... strong. Kept it in for longer than recommended, my hair was super soft and very moisturized; breakage decreased immediately. However, there was no slip but my hair was softened.

Advantages:

- Thick yet smooth consistency that is easy to spread, this makes a little definitely go a long way
- Smells nice
- Short conditioning time but still long enough to seem like it's making a substantial difference; 7 minutes wait time
- Rinses out very easily and leaves hair feeling soft while wet
- Strengthens and limits breakage while giving the hair some moisture
- Softening + moisturizing to a degree

Disadvantages:

- Bootleg packaging :look:
- NOT suitable for long stretches, better for freshly relaxed hair
- Does not provide slip nor does it detangle (If a conditioner doesn't have slip, I at least like it be ultra softening and be able to detangle)
- Has a limit of only being able to be used twice a week

Masks tend to be very strong on my hair so I don't mind using it only when I'm freshly relaxed, this is the first mask I actually feel that does something and I like it. I don't know if it's a staple but I will definitely repurchase - I guess I don't want to rely on this mask like I do my regular conditioners. I can't really give a fair comparison to the original though; I tried it a while back and it was only the sample, I remember it being good but not super impressive for all the hype. Take that how you want to lol. :lol:

I suggest with this mask that you take a little then emulsify it by rubbing it between your palms before apply it because it may stick more to a certain area of the hair. It's a THICK mask lol, like... it don't move in the jar.:lachen:

Last edited:
I dont think the sally's kind is for me. compared to the other, it dries out my hair and makes it hard to detangle.

Tried the Sally's version of Macademia Oil Masque. LOVED it. Left my hair so freaking soft! It's now a holy grail product. Definitely staple.

The original is in the first pic and the last 3 are from Sally's. I feel a law suit coming....

Ummm...I don't see a resemblance. Those other bottles look like wood. They look natural and earthy. The knock offs look basic and don't use the same colors.

The only similarities in the packaging are the shapes of the bottles and color family and theyre not even the same shade. Plus Macadamia oil is a popular ingredient so I don't even think that part is knock off.

That said I hope it is a umm *ahem* dupe.

ETA: LexiDior thanks for posting your review! I can't fool around with the Sally's version if it's making people's hair dry. That's $10 that can go towards the real thing lol. Does it even smell the same as the Macadamia Naturals?

Last edited:
DaiseeDay I've used both lines. Personally I think the Sallys line smells better. I can say that it feels like a dupe to me. They both left my hair soft and shiny. I had to follow up with a moisturizing condish w both products bc it is considered a reconstructer. I haven't used the sallys version in a few weeks but im gonna use it next week and report back.

Last edited:
Back