Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel

2.99? i paid $5 on monday!!!!! smh...but i like it! and i havent applied it to freshly washed hair, but i used it to refresh some curls with a little water and mixed silk and to slick my hair up last night, and this morning my hair was still cute! i put a lil more on the edges this morning and i was good to go... i think the hold is softer than the clear, but they say they are both maximum...the smell is good too, and best of all no white flakes yet! im gonna test it throughout the month, and if it continues to perform well, im going to get a couple more jars while they're still on sale b4 the month is over

lastnight:
2d828nq.jpg

6fty4o.jpg

tonight (after sleeping on it and being in the snow and wind all day)
kbc8aw.jpg

I agree that although they are both maximum hold, MY hair was softer with Argan oil than more than with the Olive oil. I feel like even when I thought I was being heavy handed I never got the crunchy hair.

Given that the weather is so bad, I thought I would call the closest Sally's to have them bring in this item since they don't carry it. I called and asked and they told me no, that I had to order from the website.

I called the Sally store neares me that did have it - it is maybe 12 miles away as opposed to the close one which is 2 -3 miles away. The lady at the 2nd store was so nice. I was going to pay for it with my cc over the phone and have her hold it until the weekend but she agreed to hold it without me paying for it.

Can't wait to pick this up on Sat. This should be enough gel to carry me through the rest of the year!!

I got the item # from the Sally Beauty website and contacted their customer service line. I gave the rep my zip code and she told me which Sally store in my area carries it and how many they have in stock.

Now I just have to wait a couple of days for this ice/snow to melt so I can leave my house.

Item No:SBS-483317

Sally's Customer Service # 1-866-234-9442

Good look on calling them...they didn't have it the Sally I regularly go to, but it's a few miles away.

I got the item # from the Sally Beauty website and contacted their customer service line. I gave the rep my zip code and she told me which Sally store in my area carries it and how many they have in stock.

Now I just have to wait a couple of days for this ice/snow to melt so I can leave my house.

Item No:SBS-483317

Sally's Customer Service # 1-866-234-9442

i didnt know you could do that! i never thought to call, but i pretty much know which sallys to go to if i want a good chance of finding a product...i noticed that the sally's near me have different items based on location...the ones in the inner city areas will have alot of ecostyler, motions, creme of nature, ORS, and more than 1 aisle of "ethnic products" but then they dont have certain items like denmans or tangle teezers, and the suburban sally's have like one jar of each ecostyler, a couple ORS products, and a couple jars of grease jammed into one section thats covers less than 1/5 of an isle....

i didnt know you could do that! i never thought to call, but i pretty much know which sallys to go to if i want a good chance of finding a product...i noticed that the sally's near me have different items based on location...the ones in the inner city areas will have alot of ecostyler, motions, creme of nature, ORS, and more than 1 aisle of "ethnic products" but then they dont have certain items like denmans or tangle teezers, and the suburban sally's have like one jar of each ecostyler, a couple ORS products, and a couple jars of grease jammed into one section thats covers less than 1/5 of an isle....

Sally's Customer Service was great - they told me which store had it, how much they had in stock and provided me with the phone # and address of the store.

I was very happy with the service I received on the call.

I am in the same boat though - I live in the suburban boonies with many cows and few traffic lights. They have few ethnic products at the nearest Sally's, hence my drive this weekend to a different town to pick up my product.

^^^ I aint buying nada this year :look: just gonna add some argan oil to my olive oil eco styler, bet you that's what they did anyway to catch the band wagon :yep:

^^^^ I don't have any Argan Oil and I'm running low on the OO Eco Styler so this is me killing two birds with one stone at a discount.

I hear you though because I have a bunch of grapeseed oil that I need to finish up before I buy any other type of oil. Despite everyone raving about Argan Oil, I am not buying any until I use up my current stash.

I was originally going to get the olive oil one but the ONLY one they had at Sally's today was the Argan oil and it was the last one! I was like wooo hooo when I got it! I also got some argan oil deep conditioner so we'll see how that works tomorrow!

Just bought the Argan eco gel today at Sally's they had 2 left in stock with a bunch of the olive oil one sitting next to it. The woman said they are flying off shelfs so I snatched one up. Just sniffing it for sniffing it for now lol (weird I know) But I have braids in. I only knew because of a youtube video review posted the other day.
Oh yes... I didn't like the clear so I'm hoping that this one works better.

Last edited:
I went to Sally last night to pick up some Hair One. I asked the lady if they had the Eco Styler Maroccan Argan Oyl Gel and she gave me an attitude. Anyway, I looked around and could not find it. I just hate how some of the Sally's girls are so rude sometimes. I'm gonna buy it online though.

I went to Sally last night to pick up some Hair One. I asked the lady if they had the Eco Styler Maroccan Argan Oyl Gel and she gave me an attitude. Anyway, I looked around and could not find it. I just hate how some of the Sally's girls are so rude sometimes. I'm gonna buy it online though.

You should call their customer service first, just a tip. They didn't have it in stock at the regular Sally I go to, but I called and they had it at a couple of others that were a few more miles away.

Argan oil is the penultimate ingredient... I don't understand the hype

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Long Hair Care Forum App

How does it smell? So far i have not liked any of ecostylers scent and i have used the dayum rainbow

How does it smell? So far i have not liked any of ecostylers scent and i have used the dayum rainbow
This one smells MUCH better! I hate how all of the Ecos smell too but this one is a lot fruitier/sweeter smelling.

I just bought some of this yesterday. It's decent. I don't notice that much of a difference compared to the clear kind when I used it today.

Slightly OT:

I have ordered Ecostyler twice from Sally's and both times the container arrived cracked. The insufficient packing left the jar vulnerable, so be careful if you order a large jar of the stuff. On another note, this last time, I ordered three tangle teasers and used one on my 4a/4b hair last night after I took out my weave. I am completely serious when I say this thing really works!! I had to section my into smaller pieces but it worked!! I ordered three. I wanted to give two to my sisters, but I am halfway tempted to keep them!!!

I picked up my 2 jars yesterday and they were the only ones left. I had a $5 coupon too so I practically got them for free!! I'll post my review later in the week.

I bought mine today, I like it. I am waiting to see if it passes the flaking test. I have used EcoStyler Olive Oil before and it flaked on me. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that this version will work out for me.

My Sally's didn't have it so I just went ahead a re-purchased the olive oil. I'll have to catch the moroccan argan oil when I use up this containers. No pj-ism for me.

Back