Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge - Fall 2011

Steamed with TE mud wash, moisturized with kimmay's leave in, sealed with qhemet cocoa ghee. Will take my twists out on Monday and let you guys know how my ends look

Sent from my EVO

My ends have been looking so good lately. I took out 2wk old twists on Monday and they were hardly any knots and detangling was a breeze! I WnG bunned the rest of the week without my hair tangling to bad, so I am definitely seeing improvement :yay:

Deep conditioned with aloe Vera and JBCO protein condition. Mixed up my own aloe Vera leave in. Braided hair in six plaits. Overall, hair as a whole is doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I know I'm late but I just joined lhcf a couple days ago after getting 2 inches lopped off. I was traumatized but after about 10 second opinions saying my ends were too thin and splitting from way too many Dominican blowouts (yes, I used to go weekly and my hair was destroyed), I guess it was necessary. Goal is to get close to 2.5-3 inches back by early February (maybe an inch from APL), but with ends the same health they are right now. My hair grows very fast, over an inch a month, as long as I keep taking my biotin and prenatals, drink water and work out. Hopefully if I put some effort and leverage the challenge I can retain it.

My reggie is not great bc I'm not someone who can do my own hair, but I'm trying to read the forum. I currently wash with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo and condition with either Design Essentials Express Moisturizing Conditioner or DC with Cholesterol mixed with EVOO, and finish with Redken Buttercreme as my leave in, and air dry on large rollers or just wrap in a a silk scarf (twice a week); ocassionally I'll spritz my hair with Chi keratin mist if I'm seeing breakage. Then also see my stylist once every few weeks and get a thorough protein treatment once a month. I seal my ends every day with castor oil and oil my scalp with just regular grease and use Motions Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion at night. I just plat my hair and tie it up in a silk scarf. During the day it's always up in a loose bun. The key for me after the heat damage has been using no direct heat outside of when my stylist does it, and no Dominican blowouts obviously, so I'll keep that up. My hair thickened up quickly but obviously the ends had to go.

I am going to try baggying every other night with glycerin and water before I seal in the morning with castor oil. I've never been able to stretch my relaxer without breakage but I'm going to use LHCF tips and try to stretch to February. Using Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp No-Lye, this has worked the best on my hair.
Will update everyone in January!

Welcome Trixie58. Happy hair journey.

DCing as i type, ends are doing better but not where i want them to be yet. I realize DCing is ABSOLUTELY essential, and you cant DC with just any condish, you have to use a condish specifically designed for DCing, it makes a WORLD of difference.

Performed first ever baggy last night. Had no glycerin so used water, nexus humectress, and a ton of Shea butter on the ends and threw on a shower cap with a scarf over top. I actually like the way my hair came out, damp and wavy but well moisturized on the ends. Will up this to nightly except when I need to wear it out and I'll have to set it on rollers.

Took my twists out today and my ends seem fine. I like using the qhemet cocoa ghee to seal and twist. Will be wearing this twist out until Thursday or Friday, will update how my ends hold up during the week.

I moisturized and sealed my ends this morning with Alba Botanica leave-in conditioner and evoo. My hair still feels very moist and soft. Trixie just gave me an idea for tomorrow morning when I get up.

I will moisturize and seal as I did today but I'll baggy under my wig throughout the day. I don't care for the crunching sound when I go to bed at night but during the day, I'm sure it won't bother me.

I think I will be getting my hair weaved up for the holidays this year for about 6 weeks at a time because I want to give the gym another try and I don't think my wigs can handle it - not cute!

I moisturized my twists with SM Smoothie yesterday. So tonight I am going to spray them with SM Mist. I won't seal. Maybe tomorrow.

I have been "unofficially" following this thread - I have been using Alterna Overnight and L'oreal Overnight (not at the same time) consistently for over a year - they have been great for someone like me -who wears their out all the time...

I have been really lazy this week and haven't done much. I will do some super moisture treatment tomorrow to get ready for my twist out Friday. Hopefully when I wash Sunday my ends won't be too bad. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to bun. These ends will just get moisturized and tucked. :yep:

My ends have been doing alright. :grin: I have been moisturizing and baggying everynight. In the a.m. I seal w/ castor oil and grease. I haven't had any problems. I washed my hair on Sunday and dc overnight.

Ends are doing pretty good. I moisturize every night with AVJ and a little qhemet's cocoa ghee (only on sections that need it) and baggy.

Still keeping my ends moisturized and sealed and just added baggying to the mix. My ends are happier now.

Hay ladies, just checking in to report that my ends are doing so well now

this is my regimen

wash with terressential mud or HV cocasta bar
condition - either moisture or protein (actually i did about 3 weeks of alternating Curl junkie repair me and shescentit fortifying mask) but now I only do protein once a month/every 3 weeks

spray hair with AVJ ---- The best addition to my regimen !!!

Twist making sure I use a heavy product like burnt sugar pomade or AOHC or SM deep teatment mask on the ends

I also moisturize my hair every morning with shescentit coco creme or oyin hairdew, mist my hair mid week with some AVJ and may reapply some of the heavy product to the ends if needed.

ends are happy and Im finally beginning to see some retention

Hay ladies, just checking in to report that my ends are doing so well now

ends are happy and Im finally beginning to see some retention

@SiMJam Can you take a before pic today and then an after pic in four weeks. To update us on your retention.

Last edited:
I think my ends have been alright, some nights, while twisting my hair for the nextday, i grab the scissors and get rid of those last pieces of relaxed ends...it's a dangerous game. but it feels so good!!

I haven't been baggying much, only when I think about it/ remember to do so, but that'll probably get better as the weather shifts more toward icy cold!

so excited for my first winter as a natural since, like, 6th grade!!!

Still keeping my ends moisturized and baggied to prevent them from drying out and splitting up again. Will be loving them with some much needed deep conditioning tomorrow.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc:: Relaxed
2. Current Hair Length :::I am at SL but my ends are horrible if I don’t turn this around it may be very bad.
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends:: They are simply SPLITTING, BREAKING AKA DRY:nono:
4. What you have tried to improve your ends:: I have tried moisturizing with jojoba oil, shea butter(cream), Clip Ends(not often enough:sad:)
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends:::drunk::grin: Well, I will have to start sealing, clipping every 3-4 months , Protein treatment between relaxers. I will continue to moisturize but I will step that up to 2X a day like I was in the beginning. I will again be using less heat due to the new hair dresser I have been using. (I sincerely do not have the time to do my hair myself:ohwell:)
Products I will continue to use: Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil
Products I will be trying: Aloe Vera Juice, Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor, LBCO

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc NATURAL
2. Current Hair Length STUCK IN CBL FOR A WHILE NOW :(
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends BREAKAGE DUE TO DYE AND NOT TRIMMING PROPERLY. BUSHY, FRIZZY ENDS.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends HAD A FRESH TRIM AND REALLY FOCUSING ON MOISTURE
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends REGULAR DUSTING, PUMPING UP THE PROTEIN (I WAS WAAAY TOO FOCUSED ON MOISTURE AND THERE WAS NOT A GOOD BALANCE) AND LOW MANIPULATION/PROTECTIVE STYLES. RIGHT NOW IM IN THE FALL TWIST CHALLENGE AND WEAR THE ENDS TUCKED AND PINNED. I ALSO DO THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT NIGHTLY.

So I twisted my hair on Friday using KCCC and KCKT (KCKT is FINALLY gone, won't be repurchasing) and I'm wondering if moisturizing and sealing my hair will make the gel weird. KC products don't mesh well with alot of other products so I'm concerned. Ahh well we'll see. So far my ends look and feel ok, since I'm in mini twists I'm gonna dust sometime this week

To join, post
1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc- I am relaxed
2. Current Hair Length- Trimmed to a little past APL
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends I have fragile, fine hair with ends that have never remained blunt and also split easily. Detangling for past year (protein overload and stretching) has also caused severe damage to my ends so I am still in recovery.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends Trimming when needed, leaving them alone (lead hair theory), m/s, bunning etc
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends- BE CONSISTENT with bunning. I m/s daily so I'm sure not PSing is what's messing my ends as well detangling and stretching relaxers for more than 3months.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc:: Relaxed
2. Current Hair Length :::I am at SL but my ends are horrible if I don’t turn this around it may be very bad.
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends:: They are simply SPLITTING, BREAKING AKA DRY:nono:
4. What you have tried to improve your ends:: I have tried moisturizing with jojoba oil, shea butter(cream), Clip Ends(not often enough:sad:)
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends:::drunk::grin: Well, I will have to start sealing, clipping every 3-4 months , Protein treatment between relaxers. I will continue to moisturize but I will step that up to 2X a day like I was in the beginning. I will again be using less heat due to the new hair dresser I have been using. (I sincerely do not have the time to do my hair myself:ohwell:)
Products I will continue to use: Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil
Products I will be trying: Aloe Vera Juice, Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor, LBCO

Welcome NewHairWOWeave, Glad to have you.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc NATURAL
2. Current Hair Length STUCK IN CBL FOR A WHILE NOW :(
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends BREAKAGE DUE TO DYE AND NOT TRIMMING PROPERLY. BUSHY, FRIZZY ENDS.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends HAD A FRESH TRIM AND REALLY FOCUSING ON MOISTURE
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends REGULAR DUSTING, PUMPING UP THE PROTEIN (I WAS WAAAY TOO FOCUSED ON MOISTURE AND THERE WAS NOT A GOOD BALANCE) AND LOW MANIPULATION/PROTECTIVE STYLES. RIGHT NOW IM IN THE FALL TWIST CHALLENGE AND WEAR THE ENDS TUCKED AND PINNED. I ALSO DO THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT NIGHTLY.

Welcome JustGROWwithIt.

I have those same bushy, frizzy ends. I really need to up my protein as well. Just haven't done it yet.

So I twisted my hair on Friday using KCCC and KCKT (KCKT is FINALLY gone, won't be repurchasing) and I'm wondering if moisturizing and sealing my hair will make the gel weird. KC products don't mesh well with alot of other products so I'm concerned. Ahh well we'll see. So far my ends look and feel ok, since I'm in mini twists I'm gonna dust sometime this week

I also use KCCC and it works pretty well with most things. I haven't had a problem with it so far.

To join, post
1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc- I am relaxed
2. Current Hair Length- Trimmed to a little past APL
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends I have fragile, fine hair with ends that have never remained blunt and also split easily. Detangling for past year (protein overload and stretching) has also caused severe damage to my ends so I am still in recovery.
4. What you have tried to improve your ends Trimming when needed, leaving them alone (lead hair theory), m/s, bunning etc
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends- BE CONSISTENT with bunning. I m/s daily so I'm sure not PSing is what's messing my ends as well detangling and stretching relaxers for more than 3months.

Welcome to the challenge abcd09

Back