Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters
I washed my hair this weekend after getting it blown out and trimmed. Even though I went 9 days instead of my usual 7 between washes I had very little shed hair. I don’t know if it’s because my ends were freshly trimmed or if it was because my hair was stretched and less tangly.

If I could figure out a way to wear my blown out hair that I actually like, I feel like weekly blow outs might help with length retention.

I washed my hair this weekend after getting it blown out and trimmed. Even though I went 9 days instead of my usual 7 between washes I had very little shed hair. I don’t know if it’s because my ends were freshly trimmed or if it was because my hair was stretched and less tangly.

If I could figure out a way to wear my blown out hair that I actually like, I feel like weekly blow outs might help with length retention.
Love hearing about successful wash days! Those are always good days.

1719137972231.png

There's a new store in my little town and it is a discount store. I hit the motherlode when I came upon this. This is the protein spray. It usually is hard to find and costs about 6 and not 1.75 Euros.

The sale ends on the 25th and goes back to 1.90. I am on a budget and I will buy mine next week. It will still be a good price. I love this store!

I trimmed a bunch of ssks that have been lingering on the past couple weeks. I figured there wasn’t a point in cutting them if my ends were still curly and liable to make more knots. Although about a quarter of my hair is not as processed as I want, for now the ends are pretty straight since I concentrated relaxer there. I’m still needing a cut once I can straighten my hair and sort of start fresh with a relaxed hair journey now.

giphy.gif

Ya'll ready for some hair pitchas?
Where @MzSwift at?

And where is @IDareT'sHair at?

Here we go!

Hair June23rd2024 A.jpeg

Micro-Trim #3 of 2024. Sunday June, 23rd, 2024
  • Lighting in my bathroom is not very good.​
  • I promise you I cleaned the mirror and adjusted my clothes.​
  • My hair is trimmed STRAIGHT! My pants' waistline is CROOKED, sagging lower on the left. Excuse me!​
  • Hair is blow dried ONLY. No flat iron, no heat protectant, no shine products.​
  • I am leaning forward with my booty up in the air, back slightly arched to get a clear photo.​
Hair June23rd2024 D.jpeg
  • Hair from the side. Sorry about the dot but it's some kind of stick on mirror set.
  • Here you can see that the hair is not very straight. I blowdried for a trim and to do the Aphogee 2 Step right after the trim.

Hair June23rd2024 B.jpeg
  • This ball is kind of Light and Fluffy, not dense and heavy. So, it's a good thing.
  • I am a pure finger comber. I have not combed my hair out since March. So this amount of hair is a good amount, normal amount for not having combed hair since March until tonight. I did use a comb tonight to detangle before I blowdried.

Hair June23rd2024 C.jpeg
  • This hair is the trimmed hair that fell into the sink.
  • Very few trimmed hairs have knots and/or splits.

Last edited:
My Current Process: Length and Retention and Less Breakage

• For all my washes EXCEPT the wash before the trim, I use clay wash recipe given to me by @snoop
  • For the wash before straightening I coat dry, dirty hair with shampoo which is a process I learned from @Lylddlebit
  • For the micro-trim, which I now try to do every three (3) months, because I was blown away and convinced of the process by her gorgeous length and thickness gains and result, I learned/got that from @keranikki
  • For length retention and less breakage, I have been using sprouted Fenugreek oil with fresh rosemary and ground cloves in the oil which I got from @newgrowth15 due to her massive growth and it works for me, too!
  • Now, I am mindful of the hard water issues here in my town which were brought to my attention by @GettingKinky and now I know why my ends getter super dry yet my roots stay moist (HARD WATER)
  • Old Standards Work:
    • Do prepoo on dirty dry hair to cleanse hair and scalp on regular wash days
      • Essential oils
        • Eucalyptus
        • Peppermint
        • Rosemary
        • Sage
        • Or whatever I got on hand
      • Olive oil
      • Aloe vera
      • Glycerine
    • DIY Keratine Protein Mix after wash (leave-in)
    • Do Aphogee 2 Step Every 6 to step 8 weeks
    • Mist hair with warm water and apply Sprouted Fenugreek Oil Mix on scalp every 2 to 3 nights
    • Cover head at night with plastic cap and scarf
    • Do Ends Routine
      • Hair Coating Ingredients/ Process (in this order):
        • Water
        • Scurl
        • Castor Oil
        • Shea Butter
      • Place braids in a bun/bantu
        • Put braided bun on top of head
        • Put baggie over bun at night
    • Protective Styles and Baggie
    • Condition Hair every wash day.
My hair success is truly a LHCF community effort and a community success. All of you I mentioned above have helped me finally get out of my breakage cycle from 2020 to 2024, which lasted four (4) years.

Some thoughts:
  • Bonding products such as Creme of Nature Defense and Olaplex do not work for my hair and actually cause breakage. Discovered that the hard way.
  • Basic things like shampoo and water were messing up my hair.
  • Scurl Activator keeps my hair moist and juicy and mitigates the dryness.
  • I have to use a blowdryer with a comb attachment. This sets up my trim process to go well.
I am reiterating and posting my process, not because I arrogantly believe what I do is for everyone. But to maybe help someone to find their way with their hair in case there is some confusion. Maybe some aspect of what I have posted may help someone else.

As always, thanks for your help and support, Ladies!

Last edited:
OMG, OMG, OMGGGG!!!

d4d74af6ba1425a7edfd5fc8cc3ce002_w200.gif

fad0c7c3ccb3341d9e5881cd747387af_w200.gif

@Chicoro !!!

You can't be doing this to ppl on a Sunday evening!! Shame on you! Some ppl have to get up early in the morning tomorrow and now we're gonna be stuck on here :drool::drool::droolingsleep::droolingsleep: over your beautiful hair all night!! Goodness gracious!

If I stayed up all night to straighten this hair and trim it, take photos and post too then,
we ALL are going to be looking crazy tomorrow morning.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hair related stuff is always worth staying up for...

But you excused, Chile because you are with child! You need your rest.

giphy.gif

@Chicoro that length is amazing. One day I hope to be there.
Thank you!

If you can solve a longstanding hair mystery for me, you can definitely get to where you want with your hair!

Don’t forget, you just recently made the definitive decision to minimize the deepness of your hair cuts and to start focusing on gaining longer lengths. By September you will probably start seeing the fruits of your efforts in the form of longer lengths that start to drop further down your back.

giphy.gif

Ya'll ready for some hair pitchas?
Where @MzSwift at?

And where is @IDareT'sHair at?

Here we go!

View attachment 497199

Micro-Trim #3 of 2024. Sunday June, 23rd, 2024
  • Lighting in my bathroom is not very good.​
  • I promise you I cleaned the mirror and adjusted my clothes.​
  • My hair is trimmed STRAIGHT! My pants' waistline is CROOKED, sagging lower on the left. Excuse me!​
  • Hair is blow dried ONLY. No flat iron, no heat protectant, no shine products.​
  • I am leaning forward with my booty up in the air, back slightly arched to get a clear photo.​
View attachment 497201
  • Hair from the side. Sorry about the dot but it's some kind of stick on mirror set.
  • Here you can see that the hair is not very straight. I blowdried for a trim and to do the Aphogee 2 Step right after the trim.

View attachment 497203
  • This ball is kind of Light and Fluffy, not dense and heavy. So, it's a good thing.
  • I am a pure finger comber. I have not combed my hair out since March. So this amount of hair is a good amount, normal amount for not having combed hair since March until tonight. I did use a comb tonight to detangle before I blowdried.

View attachment 497205
  • This hair is the trimmed hair that fell into the sink.
  • Very few trimmed hairs have knots and/or splits.
I love it! I am catching up on this thread this week. I fell way behind in reading the posts.

Back