Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

Still following my simple routine. I have noticed quite a few SSKs still present in my hair even after my previous trim. However, I will continue to keep my hair twisted up with my beeswax. I am going to do my next hair trim at the end of June/beginning of July.

Hi @faithVA , I'm late, but I'd like to join this challenge. Here are my stats:

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
APL

3. Why are you joining this challenge?

My ends were awful and I had lots of breakage. I just got a serious trim last week that took me from MBL to APL. I'm on a mission to grow it back, but grow it healthy. I was stuck at MBL for 2 years, all because I didn't want to get a good trim...so I stopped getting good retention.

4. What have you tried to improve your ends?
Keeping my hair up in a bun. Staying away from heat, DC weekly, co-wash daily or every other day. Seal my ends with jojoba oil or grape seed oil. (LOC method)

5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends?
Regular dustings to keep my ends healthy. And stay up on my DC's as mentioned above.

6. Will you update us 1x a month?
Yes, I will!

I'm a little disappointed that so soon after my trim/dusting that I have new ssks. I did a protein treatment last week. And I have been keeping to my 3 day wash/rinse cycle. My hair is staying more moisturized than ever so I was hoping that I could avoid them. At least though, they aren't all over my head. They are primarily in the back which I can't seem to keep from knotting up. I will just keep doing search and destroy. I'm really hoping to not need another dusting until the end of June.

I'm still here! I've cut my washing down to once a week (on Sunday's) so I only moisturize on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Moisturizing every night made my hair feel coated, but it takes too long to wash more than once a week now.

I will be doing my monthly protein prepoo on Sunday.

I washed my hair out yesterday and all my curls came popping back. I used Mo Knows Hair Curl recovery method. I bought the Ouidad Clarifyng cream shampoo and wow does that stuff work. It doesn't fee like you're stripping your hair at all. After 1 try, I think this will be a keeper for the clarifying shampoo.

Another latecomer in the midst, I'd also like to join you here. My info:

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
I have layers that I don't mind at all at the minute. My bottom layers are SL.

I want to maintain my retention with as healthy hair as possible. My ends, for the most part, should (and appear) to be ok since I only cut of my relaxed ends last year, sometime before autumn.

No heat, no combs (apart from rattail for parting). Wash 3-4 times a week- currently water rinse/ clay/ oil rinse/ gel, with occasional use of conditioner. Dusting/ micro trimming coil by coil. Cutting SSKs i find on the ends of my strands. If I braid or twist my hair, I don't go all the way to the ends. Other than that, I'm not really hiding my hair or ends at the mo.

I'm already doing it. Dust as needed. Oil rinse with sunflower/ grapeseed/ wheatgerm oils. Remember to listen to my hair.

Will do.

Another latecomer in the midst, I'd also like to join you here. My info:

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
I have layers that I don't mind at all at the minute. My bottom layers are SL.

I want to maintain my retention with as healthy hair as possible. My ends, for the most part, should (and appear) to be ok since I only cut of my relaxed ends last year, sometime before autumn.

No heat, no combs (apart from rattail for parting). Wash 3-4 times a week- currently water rinse/ clay/ oil rinse/ gel, with occasional use of conditioner. Dusting/ micro trimming coil by coil. Cutting SSKs i find on the ends of my strands. If I braid or twist my hair, I don't go all the way to the ends. Other than that, I'm not really hiding my hair or ends at the mo.

I'm already doing it. Dust as needed. Oil rinse with sunflower/ grapeseed/ wheatgerm oils. Remember to listen to my hair.

Will do.

Got you added. Welcome to the challenge.

Well, I did my normal, shampoo, DC and washngo yesterday. It was the first time I actually went out in public with my hair wet and I felt ok. I only left the conditioner on for about 20 mins no heat, so I feel like next weekend, I'm going to have to give my hair a little more tlc.

I'd like to join, too! I am having a tough time of it these days with shed hair tangling on my ends.

NATURAL
2. Current Hair Length
SHOULDER
SHED HAIR IS MESSING UP MY GAME, RIPPING MY ENDS OFF, FORCING ME TO GRAB THE SCISSORS...
I DUST AND CUT SPLIT ENDS OFF WHEN I SEE THEM. I'M TORN BETWEEN LEAVING MY HAIR ALONE (WHICH RESULTS IN ACCUMULATED SHED HAIR) OR COMBING DAILY WHICH LEADS TO TOO MUCH MANIPULATION FOR MY FRAGILE HAIR.
BECAUSE OF SCHEDULING, I CAN ONLY DO FULL ON CONDITIONING ONCE A WEEK. I WANT TO INCREASE OIL RINSING AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE WASH DAY AND DE-TANGLE WTH HANDS AT THAT TIME.
YOU BETCHA!

Protective styling of any kind seems to wreck havoc with my hair so I just try to keep things simple.

I'd like to join, too! I am having a tough time of it these days with shed hair tangling on my ends.

NATURAL
2. Current Hair Length
SHOULDER
SHED HAIR IS MESSING UP MY GAME, RIPPING MY ENDS OFF, FORCING ME TO GRAB THE SCISSORS...
I DUST AND CUT SPLIT ENDS OFF WHEN I SEE THEM. I'M TORN BETWEEN LEAVING MY HAIR ALONE (WHICH RESULTS IN ACCUMULATED SHED HAIR) OR COMBING DAILY WHICH LEADS TO TOO MUCH MANIPULATION FOR MY FRAGILE HAIR.
BECAUSE OF SCHEDULING, I CAN ONLY DO FULL ON CONDITIONING ONCE A WEEK. I WANT TO INCREASE OIL RINSING AT LEAST ONCE BEFORE WASH DAY AND DE-TANGLE WTH HANDS AT THAT TIME.
YOU BETCHA!

Protective styling of any kind seems to wreck havoc with my hair so I just try to keep things simple.

Welcome, glad to have you.

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc - natural
2. Current Hair Length - very short haha
3. Why are you joining this challenge? support, my hair hasn't been THIS short in...well never lol
4. What have you tried to improve your ends? my ends are good, I know how to maintain them
5. What are you going to try to get those healthy ends? I have them...score!
6. Will you update us 1x a month? Yep :)

I cut my hair on Saturday and need to update this site and my blog with some pix. I will do that this evening.

Got my hair braided into a beehive but prior to I did a dry DC overnight and after the completion I ran a LI and some oil onto my single tail braid. I left my front edges out so I can love them a little extra....I flat twisted them last night with the same LI.

I cowashed twice this week because my hair felt so dry. The first time I didn't like the result because it still felt dry after using Darcy's pumpkin deep conditioner to cowash. The second time I went back to my VO5 strawberries and cream and it felt wonderfully soft.

Back