Love The One Who Loves You

Marrying someone you're not passionate about, but who is passionate about you:

• This is my situation and it is working well.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Is fine. Chemistry doesn't matter; Marriage is for shared values/finances/practical reasons.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Could work for me. I could come to love someone if they loved me a lot.

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Could work for me. I could be happy even if I never fell in love with the person.

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Is very sad, but the reality is that we might have to accept such situations.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I tried it and it ended badly.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Could never work for me. I could see myself cheating/leaving for another/being really resentful.

Votes: 34 27.6%
  • Could never work for me. I am either feeling a person or I am not.

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Is desperate. Just another way of women settling.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • I would rather die single.

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I could do it under the "right" conditions, and one of those is he doesn't want children.

I was just thinking about this phrase today! I know someone in a bind because she did marry someone she loved but he was really difficult and eventually as she grew up into herself she grew out of love with him. He realized his mistakes and is taking great pains to change and win her back but she feels kind of bad because she really just doesn't have it for him anymore despite how much he has changed.

I was thinking about the situation and this phrase came to mind but like, I don't know how realistic that really is. Will it come back, like, how does she try to make it work if she doesn't even really want to be with him anymore anyway. From what I can see she is like crawling the walls trying to get away from him inside but she tries to put on a front like she would like to make it work. They have kids so it's even more sticky.

Back