Longtime Lurker/Sporadic Poster =) 2006-2010 Progress...PICS!

RoseGolden

Hi! So I thought I'd share my progress with you guys. Long story short...back in 2006 when I found the boards I had severely heat damaged natural hair. I wore it straight 100% of the time and it looked pretty good. However, when wet my hair was completely straight. It looked like I had a relaxer and my hair kept getting progressively shorter and shorter.

So, fastforward to 2010. After plenty of experimentation, henna and weaves as a protective style here is my hair now. THANK YOU LHCF!! Before and after pics:

101206i.jpg

113006vi.jpg

wet/damp natural hair w/ heat damage
straightvi.jpg

Braidout :look:
123006.jpg

20100305003101.jpg

2010032115475555.jpg

Blowdried
20100113211516.jpg

2000100113211618.jpg

Braidout
2010040119002444.jpg

Thanks! :)

Thanks so much guys!! I don't really have a set regimen. I attribute most of my growth to using weaves as a protective style and using henna once in a while. When I am in a weave I wash and DC every 2 weeks and use a braid spray to keep my hair underneath moisturized. When I am not in a weave I love my flat iron but I always use a heat protectant (Fantasia IC), do only 1-2 passes and avoid touch-ups as much as possible in between washes.

The henna I use is from LUSH. http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/haircare/henna-hair-dyes/

I use the caca noir color. Its not a pure henna, it is mixed but the ingredients are all natural. I love it because I can get a dark black color without doing a 2-step henna then indigo. I don't have a set henna schedule. Just whenever I feel like it and have time. It probably averages every 2 months or so.

I've used lots of products throughout my journey. Right now I love the sulfate free Keracare Shampoo and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose to DC (mixed with a cholesterol or something to stretch out the bottle). I'll probably be sticking with those for a while. Finally found something that I think might be staples!

Thanks again everyone!!

Your hair looks so nice. Did you cut the heat damaged hair or did you just leave it alone. I have heat damaged hair in the front of the hairline and while wet it is straight like a relaxer and I have been slowly cutting it away but sometimes I feel I should just leave it alone because it is not breaking or anything.

Your hair looks so nice. Did you cut the heat damaged hair or did you just leave it alone. I have heat damaged hair in the front of the hairline and while wet it is straight like a relaxer and I have been slowly cutting it away but sometimes I feel I should just leave it alone because it is not breaking or anything.

Thank you! I didn't do a big cut or anything. I just left it alone and let it slowly get trimmed away. It didn't bother me too much because when my hair was flat ironed straight it didn't really look damaged. If I wanted a textured style I would just do a braidout. So if its not breaking or bothering you in any way I would just let it be =) Good luck on your hair journey!

Back