Longest weave?

orchidgirl

Just a curious question about weaves..For those of you that wear weaves or know alot about weaves, what is the longest weave that you can buy..and would you ever wear a really long weave? eg. tailbone or longer..

I haven't seen longer than 22' weave but it was curled so it didn't look as bad but it still was way too long, just ridiculous. I think that lacefronts and extra long weaves are part of costumes and not everyday wear. It goes to your butt and is hard to maintain because its just ...much. I think the only reason I'd wear 14 inches or longer is if I want it to look extra weav-ey, that huge, big bulky hair look like I think Ciara always wears. The look where I want people to KNOW it ain't mine.

ciara-long-hair-style.jpg

437x

ciara.jpg

I'm not knocking anyone, but it's how I feel, and if people like it, I love it.

As far as me, I dont do longer than 12 inches. It's about BSL for me. My stylist layers it so some falls at APL. It looks a little more natural and blends well so no, I wouldn't do super long weave.

I've gotten 24"-26" from a place in atl. idk exactly where, because my stylist ordered it. I LOVE long weaves! I don't think its too hard to manage...

Up to 30" but it's gonna cost you a pretty penny. T

he longest I've ever worn was 18" and it was wavy so it didn't look as long. If I tiltled my head back it would touch my waist. 14" is about BSL on me when straight. 16" is about MBL when straight. The hair I have in now is 16"-18" but it's curly.

I wouldn't wear a really long weave. To me it makes it more obvious that you're wearing fake hair and I personally don't find that look appealing.

I don't really wear sew in weaves but I often PS with extension styles that are based on the same foundation ie conrowing my hair down and adding extension hair.

I actually make them the same or a little shorter then my actual hair length so that they'll look realistic lol

see....i can't do long weaves...specially 30 inches....

cuz see, imma fraid dat when i got to sit on da toilet..some might get wet and just for dat moment, u may f'git ur wearin a long weave. then u gotta rememba to swing it around front while ur sittin handlin ur bidness...

same way i feel bout women wif long nails. i know it's off subject, but i can't eat atcha house if u got extremely long nails..how do u wipe good n all dat stuff...

I wear long weave. It is curly so it comes to my waist.
I like it, love it, and will keep doing it. My hair is about the same length as the weave, so I like it as a natural looking protective style. The longest I've seen is 30" also.

I've only have weave once and I had 10 inches. It was a little past shoulder length, I wore it curly and I love that length on me. Thats the length I want my hair . Right now its only shoulder length when straight.

I really personally like medium length hair for myself so I would never go past APL

OP,

Your REAL hair is so long, I guess you kind of have to go for the longer weave...hence the thread topic, lol! Makes sense to me!

The longest i've ever wore in length was 30". it was custom made at Extension Plus and auburn. But that was more than 10 years ago. I think about it now, and feel really embarrassed about it. Folks knew it wasn't my hair, i knew it wasn't my hair, but then again, Since i was 100+ pounds overweight, i actually thought that "big hair" that swirled around my waistline made me look more slimmer.:)

The longest i've ever wore in length was 30". it was custom made at Extension Plus and auburn. But that was more than 10 years ago. I think about it now, and feel really embarrassed about it. Folks knew it wasn't my hair, i knew it wasn't my hair, but then again, Since i was 100+ pounds overweight, i actually thought that "big hair" that swirled around my waistline made me look more slimmer.:)

Damn! I bet that cost $$$$$. I'm dying to try EP hair. The stylist who did my current weave uses it. I think I'm gonna have her order some for me for my next install in the fall.

Back