How much do you pay for your weave?

How much does you weave hair typically cost?

• less than $50

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • $50-$100

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • $101-$150

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • $151-$200

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • more than $200

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over here in Jersey they been advertising for this place called "The Weave Shop"

They advertise $50 sew-in...you gotta show up with your hair washed and blow dried...with your two packs of 100% human hair

Never been there though. Something scares me about that price.
Am I paranoid?

I think I've seen that sign. Is it in Bloomfield, NJ? :lol: :lol:

No you're not paranoid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

I usually pay about 350-400 for 8oz of hair. I always get some type of kinky curly and that hair usually costs more. Then I pay 150 to get the hair installed. sigh..

eta: I like LONG hair..I usually do 16 & 18 inches so thats another reason for the high price

Last edited:
The last time I had weave I paid around $200 for 18 inches of indian wavy. Loved it. Got it from an AV. But I threw it away after a stylist cut my wefts into too many pieces. Now I'm looking at CVs because I refuse to pay a middleman(or woman) when there's no need to. BHM has taught me a lot.

The last time I had weave I paid around $200 for 18 inches of indian wavy. Loved it. Got it from an AV. But I threw it away after a stylist cut my wefts into too many pieces. Now I'm looking at CVs because I refuse to pay a middleman(or woman) when there's no need to. BHM has taught me a lot.

$200 18in...ummm can I get some info

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

I think I've seen that sign. Is it in Bloomfield, NJ? :lol: :lol:

No you're not paranoid. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

goodness!

Second time doing a weave. First time was to experiment with a short hair style.

This time as a protective style for my transitioning hair.

Spent $32 per pack at a local BSS Janet Hair blends very well with my head.
(had to use 2 packs)

$200 for installation and style (they also washed and conditioned)

Over here in Jersey they been advertising for this place called "The Weave Shop"

They advertise $50 sew-in...you gotta show up with your hair washed and blow dried...with your two packs of 100% human hair

Never been there though. Something scares me about that price.
Am I paranoid?

Lol you are not overreacting I used to think the same thing when I saw those signs. I have heard good and bad comments. My sister has gone their twice (both the Bloomfield and New Brunswick location) and was pleased with the service. My sister is the one who will spend $200 on hair because she cares about quality/installation. I have also heard someone say for $50 you get $50 service I don't remember if it was the service/wait time or the outcome that they were disatisfied with.:ohwell:

Lol you are not overreacting I used to think the same thing when I saw those signs. I have heard good and bad comments. My sister has gone their twice (both the Bloomfield and New Brunswick location) and was pleased with the service. My sister is the one who will spend $200 on hair because she cares about quality/installation. I have also heard someone say for $50 you get $50 service I don't remember if it was the service/wait time or the outcome that they were disatisfied with.:ohwell:
i feel better now. Don't get me wrong im always looking for a bargain...something just seemed too suspect with that price.

I was referring to the spot in Bloomfield but checking they website it seems like they have a number of locations

Last edited:
It's going to be my first time getting weave and expect to dish out major $$$$ to get a great install. The hair alone will cost close to $500US and the installation with cut and color about $800 depending on the stylist I go to.

I'm looking to spend at least $1300 for everything.

Dang girl... What part of the country are you? If this is your first install you may be able to get it for cheaper.... Shoo... that will pay all my bills and feed me for the month. lol..

Let us know how it goes.. please post pictures....

I spent about $350 for the hair (and that's with an industry discount). This is not from a bss, I couldn't justify the bss expense, on hair that didn't hold up well, when I could get premium hair for about the same price. I use about 9oz if the hair is silky, and about 4 or less if it's relaxed texture. And I can reuse the hair multiple times, so over time it has saved me money. I usually keep my hair weaved most of the year (except this summer, I grew to learn about my natural texture for awhile) My install only runs me $120, I've been going to the same woman for a long time.

Sent from my Xoom using Xoom

$350
it was well worth it and i got a upart wig made with it
311201_10150254828021916_504086915_7962781_5883091_n.jpg

313032_10150262864851916_504086915_8043349_5063160_n.jpg

It's going to be my first time getting weave and expect to dish out major $$$$ to get a great install. The hair alone will cost close to $500US and the installation with cut and color about $800 depending on the stylist I go to.

I'm looking to spend at least $1300 for everything.

Oh Em Gee!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Dang girl... What part of the country are you? If this is your first install you may be able to get it for cheaper.... Shoo... that will pay all my bills and feed me for the month. lol..

Let us know how it goes.. please post pictures....

I will try and post pics, most definitely.

I'm in NYC. :ohwell:

I pay my goddaughter $60-80 for the install.....As for the hair, I have purchased from several vendors on aliexpress and for the most part it has been a learning experience. I usually only wear kinky textured weaves and have yet to find "the hair" that will last through multiple installs. I have worn Bobraz for two 12-week installs. Towards the end of the last install it turned into a shedding beast (did not seal). I am going to try Hair esthestic's afro wave to see how it compares to my beloved Bobraz. And if all else fails, I will see if I can get a vendor to duplicate the Bobraz.

I pay my goddaughter $60-80 for the install.....As for the hair, I have purchased from several vendors on aliexpress and for the most part it has been a learning experience. I usually only wear kinky textured weaves and have yet to find "the hair" that will last through multiple installs. I have worn Bobraz for two 12-week installs. Towards the end of the last install it turned into a shedding beast (did not seal). I am going to try Hair esthestic's afro wave to see how it compares to my beloved Bobraz. And if all else fails, I will see if I can get a vendor to duplicate the Bobraz.

I've been looking around aliexpress too but I've yet to drop any money into it. I think I will soon though. Your Bobraz seemed to hold up well. I'm glad to hear that because I've had my eye on it and wondering if it would be helpful to me while I'm transitioning.

I've been looking around aliexpress too but I've yet to drop any money into it. I think I will soon though. Your Bobraz seemed to hold up well. I'm glad to hear that because I've had my eye on it and wondering if it would be helpful to me while I'm transitioning.
It held up really well. I purchased it last year though. And from what I am hearing the newest batches are not as curly as the older batches. That's the only reason I have been reluctant to purchase this year.

They have opened one of those $50 weave shops here in Orlando...been seeing a lot of commercials for it lately.

Wow. I knew ppl could spend a lot on hair, but dang! I learned to do quick weaves myself, but that usually only last 2-4 weeks. As such, I don't get hair that is more than about $25 pack.

I have seen quite a few people on this board making wigs/half wigs and stuff and then sewing them on. I want to learn how to do that, but I kinda suck at braiding my own hair.

Any tips from ppl that do it themselves??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

A friend used one of the $50 Weave Shops in NJ and she loved how her hair turned out. She is going back next week for her second install.

I have NOT seen her with this current install but expect to see her soon (during the second install). I am pretty sure she bought the hair from their shop and she mentioned there was a fee to braid her hair (took about 1 hour to braid).

When i was 18 i dated a guy who bought me $600 virgin indian hair. I'm not into weave and i tend to do my hair myself so that was crazy to me...Oh...and a "friend" ended up stealing the hair.

About 550 for hair and 600 for the install. My best friend is a celebrity hair stylist and that was the discount. SHEESH. She's amazing though.

Back