(LONG) All my progress gone and Im Bald! (pix)

I'm glad you are going to be okay:) For low maintenance I would do braids if it were me. And remember in the grand scheme of things its hair and it will grow back in time.

Thank goodness you are okay! I pray for a fast and pain free recovery. I think braids would be a good option, probably wet and wavy since they require less manipulation than a straighter end. Please focus on keeping yourself healthy and keeping your mind happy!

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Like everyone says, your health is more important. Thank God you weren't paralyzed or worse. But if you can get someone to gently detangle and cornrow your hair, I think that would be best. You can keep your hair in cornrows while you recover. Hope you recover soon.

Hey. I'm so thankful that you made it through. The Creator was watching out for you! He still is. :)

I know it's a stressful time with pain meds, intense pain, and trying to go back to life pre-accident but believe me when I say take your time. Slow it down and take the time to heal. I'd imagine getting someone else to spray your hair and detangle it gently in sections would be a good start. I had my S.O. do this when something similar happened to me. I didn't fracture but I had soft tissue damage and a wider space between the vertebrae at the base of my neck. It worked out to one section a day..... it was very stressful and depressing but I made it. I had to lay down across the bed and let him sit beside me or on his knees on the floor beside the bed. When he'd finish a section (moisturized and oiled) I'd do a loose plait and rest. With pain you have to think of creative solutions for your problems ya know? Opting for wigs is a great idea because you can slip it on and go. I'd consider braids when I was ready and able to get it done. Don't worry, everything will be fine. I thank that if they didn't shave a big portion off, just rest and let it fill in.

I hope all goes well. *BIG HUGS and MUCH LOVE*

I'm glad you're going to be ok.

As for your hair, do whatever makes it easy on you for your recovery. You can recover from the hair setback easily, but you wanna make sure not to do anything that prolongs the spinal injury.

Take care and God bless.

All I wanted to say was be greatful that you can walk and that you are alive. There are bigger things than how you look. I am glad that you are still with us. Be blessed.

I am so sorry for what happened to you. Thank GOD you are a miracle, alive and able to walk.. He allowed you to remain on this earth, for a reason.. please seek HIM for what the purpose of your life is, and HE is able to help you restore your Hair.

JCoily said:
I'm glad you're going to be ok.

As for your hair, do whatever makes it easy on you for your recovery. You can recover from the hair setback easily, but you wanna make sure not to do anything that prolongs the spinal injury.

Take care and God bless.

I agree...Im glad you are okay and well :kiss:

I hope you feel better and thank the heavenly father that you're alive, well, and able to perform basic necessities. Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck. God bless!

First and foremost, thank God you're alive and well! I know that hair loss can be a painful subject, but given the circumstances surrounding your situation, you have to know that you are extremely blessed.

Girl, you know that hair grows, so try not to worry about it. Look at it this way, you can always regrow your hair, but not your limbs or your spine!

To God be the glory!

I'm so sorry to hear about you accident, and I'm thankful that you are on your way to recovery.

Don't worry too much about your hair, soon you'll be 100% and your hair will be too. In the meantime I agree with the other ladies, braids might me a good option since they're pretty low maintainance. If braids aren't really ur thing try cornrowing your own hair and wearing a wig over it, since your hair is pretty fragile right now it might be a lot less stress on your hair.

Last edited:
I'm glad you've walked away from this accident. You've received great hair advice already, so happy hair growth in whatever choice you make in caring for your hair.

I hope you have a speedy recovery! :Rose:

Thank goodness you're alright, I'm so sorry you're going through all this!

I say just let your hair go for a while, after major surgery it's normal for it to be "in shock" so to speak.

Braids might be a good thing, or just getting a short cut that can be easily maintained.

I thank God you're alive and pray that you'll receive a speedy recovery. I think the recommendations that have already been give are excellent. :)

Don't be discouraged sis.

Is it painful mostly when you try to do your own hair or if anyone does it?

I'd suggest that you get a close friend or relative to comb through it for you and I thing cornrows will be great if you can tolerate it but if not maybe someone can just do 4 or 5 big braids or twists (like little girls wear)

Keep it moisturized maybe with some African Royale Braid spray.

I'm so glad you were not injured more severely. This time next year you'll be good as new. Follow the doctor's instructions but listen to your body too.

God Bless you

I wasn't expecting this! You have me in tears right now. That was really a serious accident. Gee, I'm at a lost for words. Well, keep your spirits up ;) !

You most definitely will have to have someone care for your hair for you. I know when I was on bedrest, my stylist at the time was willing to make house calls. I haven't read the previous post but I'm sure the other LHCF Sisters have given you great advice.

God Bless!

Last edited:
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

As for your hair, maybe try braids or cornrows (something low maintainence) like the other ladies suggested.

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes! I really needed them! :kiss:

I feel so truly blessed to be alive,walking, enjoying my kids, and life!

I remember being in the trauma unit and being the only person on the floor out of the bed walking, not hooked up to a breathing machine. I am so thankful for that! I know that hair is nothing when I have my health and I am alive, breathing and walking! Its just going to take time for my brain to make the transformation from hair obsessed one day to bald the next! :lachen:

But I promise you all I will not be trying to do hot oil treatments, rollersets or braidouts while I can barely move my neck!:lol:
I plan on taking some of the advice from you ladies here. I will be cuting my hair short and enjoying my precious life!

Once again thanks for all the support! You all are the best! :rosebud:

So sorry this happened to you but I'm glad your going to be okay. Don't worry about your hair so much ...you know it will grow back in no time. Try to concentrate on getting better for now.;)

tld723 said:
Wow! So Sorry about your accident. Thank God you are alive:) Maybe you could have someone braid your hair into cornrows or tree braids and leave them. It would be one less thing to worry about. I will say prayers for you:D

First, I would like to say that thank God you're okay. Just get some braids
and just worry about healing right now. Dont worry, one thing about hair is that it will always grow back. Stay strong, sweetie.:kiss:

Vaqtea,

Bless your heart--I know you are glad to be alive (and I'm glad you are too!) but I know how important hair is to the ladies of this board. I am sorry that you have had to deal with so much hair loss due to your accident. But you need to just focus on getting yourself healthier right now and not worrying so much about your hair. Your hair will grow back--I know everyone's saying that, and I know you worked hard to get all of your progress and I know losing it hurts like heck. I understand. But I know that you'll find a cute style to rock while you're letting it grow back out.

Again, I'm just glad you're okay. :kiss:

Sorry to hear about the accident, but just as the others have said it will grow back.

Right now you need to worry about total and full recovery. Find you a low low low maintenance hair style and work it until you're able to get back into treating your hair.

Again thank God you're still here.

I am so sorry boo boo!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are ok. That is the main thing. Your hair is disheartening to hear about too though. You have gorgeous hair too. But let's look at it this way. We're starting over. And sometimes that's better. Don't worry about the hair right now. Concentrate on getting better speedily in the name of Jesus. I declare complete quick healing on you in Jesus name. Making a desicision to do anything right now may be too soon. You will have physcal therapy to attend and the pain of going somewhere to get something done to your hair or doing it yourself may be too much. Are you willing to wig it out for a few months?

They say anesthesia from surgery will induce hairloss as well.
boo boo - just get better((hugs))

Oooooh gurl, I'm glad you're alright!!! :kiss:

Dont push your self if you're hurting!! As soon as you feel good enough do your hair and not a moment sooner!:naughty:

Just let your hair go for a wild, set it free, let it loose!
Braid your hair in cornrows ( or big loose braids) and toss a wig over it.

Rest Easy and Don't hurt yourself!

I didnt read the full thread but I wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and send my prayers to you.

*I hate to say this because I hate to hear it, but your beautiful will grow back lady. Sorry you are dealing with the hair lost. Huggles.*

Back