Listerine as a relaxer base MY A$$!!!!

LILAMAE- You should try some vitamin e- oil on your scalp. It heals burns well. They sell it at Trader Joes. Hope your scalp feels better. Massage it in and DON"T pick your scabs. That damages your follicles even more than the burns.

Last edited:
This is not a halloween prank!!! and i should add that this has been my stylist for 7 years. Definately went against my better judgement...but I trusted her. Just like i trust the board when there are reccomendations to put something as crazy as Monistat 7 on my scalp. Both sound crazy but I justed trusted her as a professional...my bad.:nono:

:nono::nono:

sorry Lilamae I guess I can't fathom if the listerine burned why even go through with the entire process, but I guess the should have, would have, etc makes no sense now. Hope you choose NEVER EVER to go back to her.

WOW.

I would get me a lawyer and sue the breaks off her a#@. That is malpractice. Yea I know she's not a doctor, but she's a liscensed professional and she has obviously made you undergo pain and wronged you and you are due justice under the law. Girl, call that heifer and tell her you are suing her. Hold up. Did you pay her anything. I wouldn't have gave her jack!!! Please tell me you didn't.

I would get me a lawyer and sue the breaks off her a#@. That is malpractice. Yea I know she's not a doctors, but she's a liscensed professional and she has obviously made you undergo pain and wronged you are you are due justice under the law. Girl, call that heifer and tell her you are suing her. Hold up. Did you pay her anything. I wouldn't have gave her jack!!! Please tell me you didn't.

How can it be "malpractice" when Lil'Mae give her permission to pour an antiseptic mouth wash on her scalp??

please do not go back to that lady. try using petrolatum to soothe and light con when you deep condition so it wont further hurt you. really rethink if you wanna use her services any more. did you tell her about herself afterwards? you shoulld cause aint no telling how many "victims" she is trying to experiment on with this bullsh*t

I would go see a black or indian dermatologist fast that is some crazy bs putting mouthwash on the scalp as a base. I would sue the f out of that woman.

I don't know but she is the professional and you would assume she knew what was right or wrong.

She may have gotten her license from some online cosmetology course and thought she answered "Which product CAN NOT be used as a relaxer base" dead ass wrong, for all we know.

CRITICAL THINKING. Or as JCoily would say - don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining!

How can it be "malpractice" when Lil'Mae give her permission to pour an antiseptic mouth wash on her scalp??

I don't know but she is the professional and you would assume she knew what was right or wrong.

i would think it ws malpractice too . **** , how was she supposed to know whether it would work or not? thats like hearing the doctor suggest something to you and you give the okie doke and end up getting sick or dying. these people should know what the f- they are doing if they are getting paid for their services. and if this was her first time trying it out ,she should have warned that girl. i would have complained the whole time and never even paid her ass.

i would think it ws malpractice too . **** , how was she supposed to know whether it would work or not? thats like hearing the doctor suggest something to you and you give the okie doke and end up getting sick or dying. these people should know what the f- they are doing if they are getting paid for their services. and if this was her first time trying it out ,she should have warned that girl. i would have complained the whole time and never even paid her ass.

If your scalp was ablaze from scratching, irritation, or lets say - pouring listerine on it, would you then proceed to apply a chemical directly to it?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say probably not. There is still some consumer responsibility in all of this. It isn't her first relaxer...we ALL know the dangers of chemicals burns due to irritated scalps.

:blush: listerine for base:nono:....

**doesn't listerine have alcohol in it?**... it burns my mouth so it would burn the scalp too.

Last edited:
OT:

Summer take your arse back over to OT. I have been watching you clown all morning. :lachen: I cant take it no mo.:nono:

DEAD!!!!

Fine then! I'll take my ball and go back to OT! i see i'm not wanted around these parts!

dad.jpg

If your scalp was ablaze from scratching, irritation, or lets say - pouring listerine on it, would you then proceed to apply a chemical directly to it?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say probably not. There is still some consumer responsibility in all of this. It isn't her first relaxer...we ALL know the dangers of chemicals burns due to irritated scalps.[/quote]

:shocked:...............................................................................:popcorn:

Last edited:
Now back in the day, I knew some stylist would put Listerine on the spot burning after they rinsed out the relaxer and washed it with Neut. shampoo and then rinse that out and wash again and condish. the hair. But I never heard of it being a base.:perplexed:sad:

Now back in the day, I knew some stylist would put Listerine on the spot burning after they rinsed out the relaxer and washed it with Neut. shampoo and then rinse that out and wash again and condish. the hair. But I never heard of it being a base.:perplexed:sad:

I always knew you shouldn't even wash your hair prior to relaxing let alone something that makes even your mouth burn. OP I really hope everything is okay and you don't suffer any damage. Please go and get your scalp checked out. Q

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say probably not. There is still some consumer responsibility in all of this. It isn't her first relaxer...we ALL know the dangers of chemicals burns due to irritated scalps.

um , of course not but thats ME. just like people follow all kinds of unheard of **** thats posted on this website. what works for some, sometimes doesnt work for others. but believe she would most likely have a case if she decided to sue that lady.

um , of course not but thats ME. just like people follow all kinds of unheard of **** thats posted on this website. what works for some, sometimes doesnt work for others. but believe she would most likely have a case if she decided to sue that lady.

Ummm, yeah - no. I won't be believing that one.

I could be a bald head billy goat - and I'd STILL know better than to base my scalp with a product containing alcohol.

Last edited:

I doubt it. Duty of care comes into play here. The fact that it was burning BEFORE applying the relaxer and she sat there and let her put lye-based chemical on top of it is just :drunk:

There was a thread not too long ago where a lady put a relaxer in her head and all of her hair is gone now b/c she didn't neutralize and she left it on too long. She tried to sue her stylist, but didn't win b/c she allowed her to do it w/o speaking up.

EXACTLY! *Co-signing!* Do not allow another PERSON to do your decision-making for you when it comes to your HAIR! That's why I don't fool with salons AT ALL....but if I DID, best believe that heifer wouldn't get near me with a bottle of Listerine. :sad:
I agree..I'm a straight up DIY'er..
I have a thread in my siggy ..maybe I should ask the mods to make it a sticky and also add "no listerine" to the list

Lilamae, is this the same stylist who told you you could never grow WL hair? The same one you referred to as your best friend? :ohwell:

Back