Listerine as a relaxer base MY A$$!!!!

And there it is right there.

Wow, OP, I'm really sorry you went through this. She should be reported immediately.

The OP or the stylist?

Im sorry, but there comes a time in every womans life where she doesnt do things like allow someone to "base" her scalp with Listerine or lay down on the yellow line in middle of the road!

The OP or the stylist?

Im sorry, but there comes a time in every womans life where she doesnt do things like allow someone to "base" her scalp with Listerine or lay down on the yellow line in middle of the road!

I feel where you're coming from. I think the OP's "time" was now. She learned a hard lesson in feeling empowered enough to say "no" and refuse services from a "trained professional." :nono:

Girl, when the LISTERINE :look: started burning! You shoulda just got yo purse and politely dismissed yourself! WTF was she thinking!

I've had Sea Breeze (very similiar) used AFTER a relaxer to help with possible relaxer burns. AND YES! It burned like hell.....but I didn't get any post relaxer sores either. But that was when I was letting relaxer 'sit' on my hair too! :blush:

:grouphug3:I am sorry you had this bad experience. I agree with what everyone else is saying. I would definitely report her because she has no business working on peoples hair, That is rediculous. I hope it heals quickly sweetie. Don't let your scalp dry out. I think you may have some scalp burns too. Are you up to going to someone to let them evaluate the damage? Maybe they can take care of the burn and soreness. I sure hope that you are not planning to go back to that witchdoctor.:clubu::hardslap::catfight: I just got mad.

Why in the hell would you let somebody base your scalp with Listerine? That's just like all those woe is me posts we get. Why do people let stylists do dumb stuff and then wanna come on here later on typing messages in tears talking about my hair is falling out!! Y'all need to learn to speak up while you're in the chair and use some common sense. If you know it's wrong don't let them do it. It's not rocket science.

OK... ya'll stop picking on the OP. She has enough problems with :couchfire:

We do however need to put together a LHCF :mob: and go have chat with the licensed "professional."

OK... ya'll stop picking on the OP. She has enough problems with :couchfire:

We do however need to put together a LHCF :mob: and go have chat with the licensed "professional."

I ain't going no where nears that crazy lady - she may throw peroxide at me talkin about she gonna give me some highlights!

That was me! I just hope I have my hair tomorrow.

any suggestions on nursing my poor little scalp?

Lilamae, please let us know how your head and your hair is doing today?

I think you have received some good advice with regards to helping your scalp and your hair in this thread.

I do recommend that you do something about this. What she did to you was not warranted and the fact that she is still in business she could do this to someone else who for whatever reason does not get out of her chair.

I heard some words of wisdom on a show one day and they apply here I have just changed the name of the profession.

What do they call the person who finished last in a class of Beauticians?????

Tab down for the answer

BEAUTICIAN! They may legally have the title but it does not mean they are the best or brightest in the business.

Take care of yourself.

OP... I don't know what to say, one hand I want to sympathise, but then on the other, I want to take that stick just_DSP is using and break beat you like an egg.

Come on lady, you couldn't have thought it would work? It's done now so there is no point in cussing you out too much, get some aloe on that scalp then read ALL the stickies at the top! Then go to the last page of the hair section and read every single thread till you get to page one.

SummerRain, you are not right with that countdown, I actually laughed from my stomach to that one! :lachen:

OP... I don't know what to say, one hand I want to sympathise, but then on the other, I want to take that stick just_DSP is using and break beat you like an egg.

Come on lady, you couldn't have thought it would work? It's done now so there is no point in cussing you out too much, get some aloe on that scalp then read ALL the stickies at the top! Then go to the last page of the hair section and read every single thread till you get to page one.

SummerRain, you are not right with that countdown, I actually laughed from my stomach to that one! :lachen:

My apologies. I'm making a batch of draino mixed with solidified chicken grease - I'll forward you a sample for your troubles. It's multi-purpose, great for cleaning, a good body scrub if you mix in some epsom salts - and then triples as a lip balm/sealent and of course - a base.

My apologies. I'm making a batch of draino mixed with solidified chicken grease - I'll forward you a sample for your troubles. It's multi-purpose, great for cleaning, a good body scrub if you mix in some epsom salts - and then triples as a lip balm/sealent and of course - a base.

You take paypal? :look:

You guys don't yell at me...but I think this was a joke...who in their right mind would allow Listerine to be put on their head before a relaxer?

I just don't understand. I'm not laughing, I'm serious. Is this a joke? :ohwell:

I mean, Listerine burns in your mouth, who would put it on their scalp BEFORE a relaxer/chemical process? I just don't think this is funny. :nono:

The only thing I can reason is that maybe this poster is a child? underage? :sad:

Seriuosly though, maybe you should see a dermatologist to make sure your pores/scalp is not damaged. Please keep us updated.

Girl this takes the cake. :lachen: Who keeps Listerine at their station? :lachen: She must have a dragon breathed clientele.:lachen:

This almost doesn't seem real. How did she go about applying it? :look: You sure that wasn't her little sister playing stylist for the day?:lachen:
she put it in an application bottle and kept swearing it was the best base!!!!!!!!!!

didn't read the entire thread yet...

but um why would you even let her pour listerine on your head?:perplexed

Lilamae, please tell me you are joking.
You :spank:
betta:spank:
Not :spank:
EVER:spank:
let:spank:
someone :spank:
do:spank:
some:spank:
mess:spank:
you:spank:
know:spank:
is :spank:
wrong:spank:
to :spank:
your:spank:
head:spank:
again:spank:

Now go to your room! :nono:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: at least LHCF has a sense of humor. I put coconut oil on and it's still sensitive but a little better.

i just dont get it. im at a lost. girl dont ever let your stylist do that again . why would you let her do that?

Please remove your countdown, before a newbie see that and that literally:grin::grin:. or another hairboard lurker see's that and go tell their board we are a craxy hair cult!:lachen:

lol. I dont post on the hair board often, we keep it OT - so I'm sure we'll be aight over there!

I am glad the OP can laugh along with us. It's Thursday - one more day till the weekend!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: at least LHCF has a sense of humor. I put coconut oil on and it's still sensitive but a little better.

Aww, I'm glad you aren't upset by some of the jokes. If this story is real, I feel bad. I really hope you will stand up for yourself next time you go to a salon. You had to know that wasn't right. Please watch out for yourself and don't let people do things like this to you!

This is not a halloween prank!!! and i should add that this has been my stylist for 7 years. Definately went against my better judgement...but I trusted her. Just like i trust the board when there are reccomendations to put something as crazy as Monistat 7 on my scalp. Both sound crazy but I justed trusted her as a professional...my bad.:nono:

Aww, I'm glad you aren't upset by some of the jokes. If this story is real, I feel bad. I really hope you will stand up for yourself next time you go to a salon. You had to know that wasn't right. Please watch out for yourself and don't let people do things like this to you!

For sure..thanks Cichelle.

Okay so I'm at the salon and my new growth is off the chain so it's touch up time> I was afraid of my scalp burning so I asked her to base me well. She says Oh gilr I'll put some listerine on it..it's the best base around.

I skeptically said "okay"

3 minutes in and my scalp is on fire... not from the relaxer cuz that ain't even on yet..but from the listerine!!!:burnup: Then comes the relaxer! It was all bad. I got telaxed cuz I couldn't take it.

Has this ever worked for anyone?

My scalp is still burning two hours later.

Not all bad news though. I did have the stylist use AO Hunersuckle Rose as my deep condition and CHI silk infusion prior to styling..the hair looks awesome but the scalp thing ain't no joke..moral to the story... stick to a nice thick petroleum base..for real for real!

Oh my sweet goodness! I can't believe she did that. Listerine used to be an old schoold dandruff treatmenat way back in the day.

I have NEVER EVER heard anyone base scalp with Listerine for a relaxer process:wallbash:.

Back