Light Skinned Men vs. Dark Skinned Men: What's Your Preference?

Light Skinned Men Vs. Dark Skinned Men

• Light skinned

Votes: 165 33.2%
  • Dark skinned

Votes: 332 66.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brownsuga_91

Myself, I prefer light skinned men and i'm a dark skinned girl. I don't know I just find them SOO much more attractive. Even though alot of women think Dwayne Wayde is is the finest in the NBA I'd take some Allen Iverson over him anyday :grin: . IDN sometimes I feel as a dark skined woman I should be liking dark skinned guys and represent or something lol :perplexed but I just find light skinned guys irressistible even though many people think they're played out.

Ladies which type do you prefer? There's no inbetween lol i just wanna know do you like them dark or light and and what's your complexion as well?

Hmmm, this is going to get interesting LOL

At this point I'll take them anyway I can get them.

That didn't answer your question huh?? LOL If I had to choose I would choose dark meat which is unlike how I like my chicken (white meat only). I am dark skinned myself.

I don't discriminate - black, white, light, dark, Latin, blond, brunette :D
They are all good to me :)
As long as they are short and sturdy with a beautiful smile and kind eyes...

Wow! Played out? I guess only in the black community can a particular color be the latest fad.

I like my black men black.

Aalize said:
I see this thread going down a dark, rocky path.[/COLOR]

Okay!:lol: I guess this is a topic we will continue to discuss on here.

I honestly don't have a preference. I've dated both, and been equally happy with them.

I'm shallow - a fyyyne man would do- to keep it purely physical short men don't do it for me - a good attitude and a well kept tall guy (black, white, brown whatever)

I'm slap happy right now (I've been up for now 24 hours)

I'll bite.

Dark men are hot.
Light men are hot.

Heck I just don't care

Its about how well he treats me, respects me, and loves /likes me that counts.

My SO is mighty white, but frankly I wouldn't care if he was the color of midnight either.

Long as he not ugly its on baby! :look: :lol:

-A

*Catches hook in mouth*

I'll bite.

I PREFER lighter males. To me it's the same as saying I prefer athletic or slim builds too. Since these are preferences, I won't pass up a decent darker male. As long as he checks the REQUIRED list.

And what's on the required list, hon? :)

What's up?

I swear, stupid a$$ firecrackers disturbed my sleep and I've been on here for two hours!

Well if you're hot, then you're hot. I don't discriminate. But I prefer my men sexy and chocolate. :lick: But I always attract and end up dating light skin men. :lol:

bmoreflyygirl said:
Well if you're hot, then you're hot. I don't discriminate. But I prefer my men sexy and chocolate. :lick: But I always attract and end up dating light skin men. :lol:

I'm sure you have no problem attracting any man you want, hon :)

Blossssom said:
And what's on the required list, hon? :)

What's up?

I swear, stupid a$$ firecrackers disturbed my sleep and I've been on here for two hours!

Hi Blossssom,

Was going to wave to you in the other topic but you were too busy replying, LOL

My required list. (the concise edition, in no particular order)
Degree
nice teeth.
5'9 or above
Good credit
No children
No previous marriage

I also have a preference for engineers, don't know why, Just do. :confused: :eek: :grin:

seraphinelle said:
Hi Blossssom,

Was going to wave to you in the other topic but you were too busy replying, LOL

My required list. (the concise edition, in no particular order)
Degree
nice teeth.
5'9 or above
Good credit
No children
No previous marriage

I also have a preference for engineers, don't know why, Just do. :confused: :eek: :grin:

Girl, ain't nobody on that list! :lol:

I hear you, though. I wish I could find somebody with half of those credentials, much less ALL of them! :)

Yea, that minister thread kept me busy! I can't believe it! :wave:

Blossssom said:
Girl, ain't nobody on that list! :lol:

I hear you, though. I wish I could find somebody with half of those credentials, much less ALL of them! :)

Yea, that minister thread kept me busy! I can't believe it! :wave:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

When I find him, I'll be on LHCF letting everyone know.

The no previous marriage, no kids, and a degree, is an absolute must.

the teeth, we can work on.

And the height, I may be able to compromise on that. LOL, afterall who am I to request height when I'm 5'2. :lol: :lol:

It's okay for women to be 5'2, though. LOL!

Man, that's gonna be HARD! (The no previous marriage, no kids, and a degree, is an absolute must.)

Good luck with all that, girl! :lol:

when i was younger (in my teens)< i had this thing for fair skinned brothas. but since i turned 18, i have been in love with dark skinned men. my fiance is dark skinned also.

My preference changed with age (39y/o). When I was in my teens, I was all about the light. Then I hit my 20's to early 30's, I was loving me some dark, dark chocolate. Now, I love them all!!:D

No real preference...i've dated all over the color spectrum of black men and others. 2 examples:

1. I was running to catch my train in the subway and saw this tall brother with skin like polished ebony, absolutely flawless, I pulled up so fast i almost tripped and fell into the tracks, i thought he was the most beautiful man i'd ever seen.

2. My high school crush senior year, was this super light brother, that my friends teasingly referred to as "pink", because i accidently saw his "hooha" as we were doing floor exercises (his shorts were really loose in the legs). They asked me what color it was and I said pink. Point is that's how light he was.

And i've liked everything in between before and after. So no preference as far as color, but other things...........

I usually prefer dark skinned men, but I wouldn't mind dating a light skinned black men, white men, or men of different races.

Poohbear said:
I usually prefer dark skinned men, but I wouldn't mind dating a light skinned black men, white men, or men of different races.

This is OT but your hair is so pretty! :)

I used to be into darker skinned men. But I have changed so much as I grew and just learned about people. I have no skin tone preference anymore. If I was looking at the outward appearance, it would be more how physically attractive to me (face and body) the person would be, not their skin tone. I'm so over the skin tone thing.

brownsuga_91 said:
Myself, I prefer light skinned men and i'm a dark skinned girl. I don't know I just find them SOO much more attractive. Even though alot of women think Dwayne Wayde is is the finest in the NBA I'd take some Allen Iverson over him anyday :grin: . IDN sometimes I feel as a dark skined woman I should be liking dark skinned guys and represent or something lol :perplexed but I just find light skinned guys irressistible even though many people think they're played out.

Ladies which type do you prefer? There's no inbetween lol i just wanna know do you like them dark or light and and what's your complexion as well?

I agree with the bolded - I'm dark skin and I've always preferred light skin guys. and as of late only light skin guys have been showing the sister some interest....

When I was in my teens, I only dated light skinned men. My early twenties, I was more for dark skinned men.

After that, as long as they were tall, had a job, their own apartment, good credit, had goals, didn't ask me for money, honest and not a womanizer, complexion did not matter.

brownsuga_91 said:
IDN sometimes I feel as a dark skined woman I should be liking dark skinned guys and represent or something lol :perplexed but I just find light skinned guys irressistible even though many people think they're played out.

In my experience, It is rare to see younger dark skin men and women together. Most of the dark skin guys in my area either date white or light skin women.

brownsuga_91 said:

Yeah I get you just like light skinned women are SOO much more attractive than dark skinned women.:perplexed

Last edited:
xay said:
Yeah I get you just like light skinned women are SOO much more attractive than dark skinned women.

The poster said SHE finds them more attractive, not that there is an unwritten rule that stated the portion you bolded.

I doubt this thread will be naarrstttyy, there won't be too many people participating, LOL. :lol:

seraphinelle said:
The poster said SHE finds them more attractive, not that there is an unwritten rule that stated the portion you bolded.

I doubt this thread will be naarrstttyy, there won't be too many people participating, LOL. :lol:

You sure, you know this topic is like the pied piper.

xay said:
You sure, you know this topic is like the pied piper.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Hmmm... well many people said this topic was the topic they hated in that thread 'What topics don't you like'

So, I'm going by that.

Of course,

I'm hardly ever right about the activities of this board.

So should we take bets on how many replies?

;)

Back