LHCFer had a hair program at my school.....

Missi

i think she's a LHCFer (definitely BHMer - Youtube.com/ShidaNatural) and even though I walked in a lil late :look: I made it just in time for all the good stuff. I walked in and she asked..

"I'm a PJ...does anyone know what "PJ" stood for?" Everyone (40+) is looking like :perplexed PJ...don't have a clue.

I said :giggle: aww this must be Niko's cousin....I egarly raised my hand and she called on me... i said PJ stands for Product Junkie.

She said correct and my friends were such haters:bah:....to make a fabulous story short....my friends always make fun of me for being on hair boards, taking hair pics, and having a stash of products.:moon: They ask me for hair advice and don't take it or says its not for black people. She mentioned the co-wash, brought out the VO5 Conditioner and all. After this lady said the same exact thing I been tellin my friends since day one, they listen to me now and each of them are opening up a fotki. :dighole:

Aww that's really nice that she's taking the time out to do this. I've always thought it'd be cool if LHCFers got together and did something (workshop maybe?) in our various communities. It'll spread the word on healthy hair care faster than any media outlet.

aww thats cute! what was the purpose of the hair program?

to educate women about hair care and healthy hair care practices....from transitioning from relaxed to natural....relaxed hair care....natural hair care....good products to use, moisture and protein balance and answer any questions people have.

folks have been saying they want to start programs in their neighborhoods for so long and i think we should. i think there's 1. proof in the pudding with all the fab haired ladies here and 2. interest in how to grow black hair long and beautiful. it would be an excellent spin-off from sistas/ers(sp?) w/ strands campaign.

I would like to start one myself. How would I go about doing this?

Depending on if you want to do it alone or with other people, I would make a thread in OT asking ladies who are interested and in the same area to PM you. You guys can then get together offline and work out logistics..location, publicity, target audience, brochures etc.

I would like to start one myself. How would I go about doing this?

talk to whomever place you want to set this up at....the Alpha's on my campus get their dread locs done by this lady and she happens to be a hair guru like us. Lol and she came out and did a program.

to educate women about hair care and healthy hair care practices....from transitioning from relaxed to natural....relaxed hair care....natural hair care....good products to use, moisture and protein balance and answer any questions people have.
Sounds like good info and a lot of it. Was it free?

Back