Let's Start an MN Challenge!!!!

Count me in. I bought the Family Dollar brand of MN and I have been using it daily since Monday. I just got a relaxer on Saturday so I will be able to clearly see how much new growth I can attribute to MN.

I put my first application on last night.

I took pictures first and I will updating my fotki page shortly with them. I think I am going to give weekly updates on my progress.

I mixed the following

MN 2% (2 tablespoons)
Surge 8 (2 tablespoons)
DooGro (2 tablspoons)
Water (4 tablespoons)

I mixed everything in a bowl first and then put the mixture into a special applicator bottle.

Shortly after I applied this concoction to my scalp I felt a little bit of tingling.

It feels good to be on this adventure with everyone else :yep:

Ok well count me in...now i am totally new. I'm going to buy the family dollar brand of MN and just use it solo along with my BT. I need for someone to tell me that this is ok...how do I apply the MN? (to the scalp? to the shafts of the hair?). I need help before I can even start my challenge!!

Count me in too, please!! I just bought some Neo AF today at Wal-mart! I think for this challenge I'm going to focus on my nape just to see if this stuff really works like people say it does. My nape is significantly shorter than the rest of my hair, which I think contributes to the bottom of my hair looking thin. Anyway, I will apply it daily to my nape starting tomorrow! My starting pic of my nape is in my fotki in my last updates album. :yep:

"Patch tests" are definitely cool :yep: That's pretty much what I'm going to do. The front section on my left side is a lot shorter than my right side due to past damage. So I will be applying Monistat (2% for now but will increase to 4% once my little tube runs out) to that section daily. I'm not planning on mixing my MN with anything. However, I will continue to do a scalp massage with jojoba, rosemary, and peppermint oil after every cowash and wash.

Please, count me in, too! I started last Wednesday with 1 tube of Neosporin AF mixed with EVOO, almond, emu, and castor oils. I just bought the equate brand of MN 2% that has the same ingredients of the NeoAF, and got 3 times more for the same price. The 4% MN has potassium hydroxide in it, so I was a little leery of that.

I'm about 4 weeks away from my next relaxer, so I think I might make a whole 5 weeks in the challenge. Let's GROW!!! :yay:

I would love to join, but....I started using it a week ago and I'm getting these terrible headaches :nono:. I've dilluted it with oils and other creams but I'm still getting the headaches. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make them stop so that I can continue using it??
hey tell me what is in your mix exactly .. ans what % MN re you using
and how many tubes

:look: Im still lost can one of u ladies help me out b4 i join this and put the wrong stuff in my hair. What are we talking about here ?MN? this Neosporin AF? :look:

Please, count me in, too! I started last Wednesday with 1 tube of Neosporin AF mixed with EVOO, almond, emu, and castor oils. I just bought the equate brand of MN 2% that has the same ingredients of the NeoAF, and got 3 times more for the same price. The 4% MN has potassium hydroxide in it, so I was a little leery of that.

I'm about 4 weeks away from my next relaxer, so I think I might make a whole 5 weeks in the challenge. Let's GROW!!! :yay:
The rules permit a 1 week "bye" for getting a relaxer. So, let's say you start this week, but need a relaxer in 2 weeks. You can go one week without applying MN and still be considered to have completed the challenge :yep:

The rules permit a 1 week "bye" for getting a relaxer. So, let's say you start this week, but need a relaxer in 2 weeks. You can go one week without applying MN and still be considered to have completed the challenge :yep:

Should I not use MN two days before my relaxer?

:look: Im still lost can one of u ladies help me out b4 i join this and put the wrong stuff in my hair. What are we talking about here ?MN? this Neosporin AF? :look:

Yes at your local drug store you can purchase neosporin af ( atheletes foot) or monistat. They both have 2% MN. Although monistat has 4% MN available as well. Good luck!

Im in!!! I already started to mix it in my doo gro/ BT/ WGO mix. ( a cheap walgreens version) I just bought a tube of neosporin af which i'm gonna put on my scalp daily. I bought a digital camera just to take pics for this site and I never use it because it doesnt store more than 3 pics, and i dont know how to use it , and i dont know how to get the pics on the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:perplexed

hey tell me what is in your mix exactly .. ans what % MN re you using
and how many tubes

I use the CVS brand (12.99): it comes with 3 tubes of 4% MN and a small external tube that's 2%. I mixed mine with CD healthy hair butter, Avocado oil (infused with rosemary), Olive oil and Mane and Tail Carrot oil (cream). My last application was Tuesday night and since then my headaches have stopped. I think I many have been overdoing it (applying it everyday). I will try applying it once a week. On a different note, the above mixture made my hair sooooo soft :lick:.

count me in! I happened to find a tube laying around the house that still had some left in it and was able to get quite a bit out of it. I had a bottle of WGO with just a little bit left in it, so I added some olive oil to that, a little bit of MTG, the MN (Id say it was 1.5 tbsp), and 10 drops of rosemary. I just got a relaxer a couple of days ago, so my new growth should be easy to monitor as well.

ETA how often do most people use MN for results? Im going to do it every 1-2 days I guess. Usually every day but some nights Ill probably forget.

Today is day 3 and this stuff really works! :yay:

I cant wait to put another update on my fotki (I have decided to do it weekly), I will be putting the completion of my first week October23 :yep:

So far no headaches! I did however make the following mix

MN 2% (2 tablespoons)
Doogro (2 tablespoons)
Sulfur8 (2 tablespoons)
Water (4 tablespoons)

(I apply to scalp only with a special long nose applicator bottle, I try really hard to apply it to my scalp only)

Things to report:
* The mixture slightly tingles at first
* No headaches
* Scalp is not sore yet :look:

Count me in...but I have to wait until after my perm :(. I am due to get a perm on 10/27!!!! I am mad about having to wait!!!!! But then again maybe I will start this weekend and then stop early next week...or should I just wait?

Another newbie in on challenge. My first challenge yah! I'll be mixing MN with castor oil and using it everyday.

Count Me IN!!! I just started last night. I mix mine with profective growth oil.... Plus im on a no heat, relaxer stretch,... I hope I can make it!

Count me in, too! I will definitely be mixing this with BT! :)

I gotta get a relaxer in the next two weeks so I can start after that!

I'm in but now I got to go pay an arm and leg to get my hair pressed to see my starting position...

i will use it every morning with BT(heated) at night after my co-wash:drunk:

my mix is equal parts of
MN 2%
cortisone cream
capsazin
MSM powder

Last edited:
I'm in too! My first challenge! I'm excited because, my hair grows its fastest in the winter season and MN will difenatley boost the growth results. HOORAY!

Back