Let me tell ya'll about my epiphany last night......

A few weeks ago, one of my friends from high school found me on myspace. Now, this dude was IN LOVE with me back then, but I was with my ex from across the street at the time. But we we'e very close untill maybe 2 years after we graduated. One of our other classmates put together a mini reunion and we all met up last night at this bar and then went to a club down the street afterwards.

It was crazy. I mean, you'd never believe that we hadn't seen each other in 10 years. It was like we never missed a step. So me and him are chillin on the couch and I'm leaning on him so he puts his arm around me. All of the sudden, he kisses me!!! :blush: I was so surprised. We just sat there for awhile and he would occasionally kiss me on the forward or stroke my cheek. It was nice, I can't lie.

It was also a reality check. I'd already decided that I'm never going to have the type of relationship that I want, need or deserve with Mr. "I don't kiss, don't have time for you cause of my 2 kids, can't call you but I'll shoot you a text message". :rolleyes: But it REALLY hit me last night. I got more affection, felt more wanted and special by this dude in a few hours than I have in the entire month and some change I've been seeing this other dude. I just kept thinking "he would really adore me if I was in his life"- there's no doubt in my mind. He's always been a good guy and if I wasn't involved back then, I probably would have given him a chance.

I don't know if what happen was just us getting caught up in the moment or what but even if it doesn't mean anything or go anywhere, I know now that I absolutely cannot settle for this other dude or anyone who isn't giving me what I want. This old friend may not be the one, but there is SOMEBODY somewhere that's capable of treating me the way I deserve to be treated.

I am glad you got there. I don't know you personally, but as a woman well loved, every woman (and man) should get the love they desire (and deserve). I had just told my fiance the other night , how I wish everyone could really just find the person that was meant for them. I can't explain the feeling but it is just ridiculously wonderful! I hope taht things work out but if not at least you came to this conclusion: I AM BETTER THAN THIS! DO NOT SETTLE! You are not a number 2 or three but a number 1 and if a guy can't recognize that then he needs to step and you don't have to wait for him to do it, serve him his notice, and give him his papers!

Girl, it's funny you are writing on this topic. I went out w/ my guy buddy to a movie last night. I was saying to myself, wow, the guy I just stop dealing with NEVER took me to a movie!!! :ohwell: Isn't that amazing :perplexed ? What little I accepted then...now I was sitting and thinking about my buddy through out the movie while sitting next to him.
He's not my type but he's not bad looking at all, we can hang without getting on each others nerves, he's educated, nice, basically a good guy overall. If it does gradually change to something more, I'd gladly accept
it. :yep:
I decided I want to be treated like I deserve..not like I"m an option :rolleyes:. I won't accept nothing less. :yep:

So, good for you!!! :yep:

You don't know me but I am soooooooo happy for you! It is better to be celebrated rather than to be tolerated! Girl, go for it! It is time out all the rest (and mess)!

Last edited:
Back