Length Check: 4 Years Later

OP, you and your hair are both absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad to see that you're making great progress. I noticed that you're relaxed, and I was curious to know if you've experienced any problems with relaxing since your scalp is so sensitive.

I had to stop relaxing because I was getting lesions all over my scalp. I didn't know what was going on. I never used to have any problems, but all of a sudden I started developing sores. Since I went natural, my scalp is doing much, much better.

I'm definitely going to check out your youtube channel!

HHJ

Hi there, actually I do have more problems with relaxers now. I have to wait until my scalp is well enough to even attempt to relax. So there's no more scheduled relaxers for me, I never know how long I'm going to have to go before I can touch up again. I've been seriously considering going natural but I guess I'm just a little apprehensive because I'm so close to my goal length and going natural would seem like just starting all over again. But eventually I think that's what I'm going to have to do.

Girlfriend! Your hair looks great. There is no way that a normal person looking at your hair can see that it is thin or has fallen out. You did such a great job caring for your hair and I love how you styled the side. It does not look like it came out. Your HJ is a testimony for women like me because through many trials and tribulations, you can still grow beautiful, healthy hair. You look beautiful and so does your hair. Thank you for sharing your testimony! :grin:

Thank you so much! Your words really blessed my soul!

WOW, great progress!!! Question, how are you able to still relax your hair if you have scalp problems? Wouldn't the relaxer burn like crazy when it touches the scalp? I had irritaiton in a tiny part of my scalp and no relaxer could touch that area.

WOW, great progress!!! Question, how are you able to still relax your hair if you have scalp problems? Wouldn't the relaxer burn like crazy when it touches the scalp? I had irritaiton in a tiny part of my scalp and no relaxer could touch that area.

Well during the time that my scalp was in such horrible condition was before my diagnosis. I didn't know what was wrong with me. So after I found out I was immediately put on treatments for it and while there is no cure for this, the treatments keep the breakouts at bay.

But to answer your question, when I'm breaking out, no I def can not relax. I have to wait until my scalp is well enough. Which is why I stated in an earlier post that I'm considering going natural.

Hi pretty lady! :wave: I remember you and I think you introduced me to my Select Pro Bonnet Dryer!

I'm sorry about your autoimmune disease and I hope you are feeling good & healthy, now that you have a diagnosis & can treat the disease. Your hair is looking great and I would have never known you had suffered hair loss, job well done!

Hi pretty lady! :wave: I remember you and I think you introduced me to my Select Pro Bonnet Dryer!

I'm sorry about your autoimmune disease and I hope you are feeling good & healthy, now that you have a diagnosis & can treat the disease. Your hair is looking great and I would have never known you had suffered hair loss, job well done!

Hi thanks so much! And yes I do remember telling quite a few people about my beloved Select Pro Soft Bonnet Dryer. However, I'm very sad to report that it finally put me down about a year ago.:nono: I was heartbroken to say the least lol.

Do you still have yours? Is the bonnet still holding up, because that's the part that eventually tore up on mine not the motor.

Hi thanks so much! And yes I do remember telling quite a few people about my beloved Select Pro Soft Bonnet Dryer. However, I'm very sad to report that it finally put me down about a year ago.:nono: I was heartbroken to say the least lol.

Do you still have yours? Is the bonnet still holding up, because that's the part that eventually tore up on mine not the motor.

Oh no, say it isn't so! Sorry for your dryer loss. I still have mine and the bonnet is still holding up. I treat that dryer like it's a new born! :lol: Now I'm going to have to pay special attention to the bonnet. I remember so many ladies on here were looking for that dryer only to find out it had been discontinued.

Pretty hair and pretty lady! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Your hair looks great. Many blessings for your continued recovery.

silkii_locks

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I think you have done a wonderful job. I especially loved the shaved side pic; your hair looks nice and shiny!

I admire your positive spirit and perseverance to pursue all your goals in spite of your trials. You are a beautiful lady, and I pray that God will continue to strengthen you.

This was well said and I agree. We have very nice people on this board.

Oh no, say it isn't so! Sorry for your dryer loss. I still have mine and the bonnet is still holding up. I treat that dryer like it's a new born! :lol: Now I'm going to have to pay special attention to the bonnet. I remember so many ladies on here were looking for that dryer only to find out it had been discontinued.

Thank you for the condolences! :lol: And yes be very gentle with that bonnet!

This was well said and I agree. We have very nice people on this board.

I couldn't agree with you more! Everyone has been so positive and encouraging in this thread! :yep:

Beautiful hair. Congratulations on your journey!

Thank you! :drunk:

Back