Cowashing and wet bunning my natural hair helps me retain length (see pics)!

That is great progress you've made, you know what your hair likes and it's definitely working. Your hair is lovely, it looks so thick and healthy, looks great straight and curly.

Do you have any pics of your wet bun to share? Or a brief run down of how you do the bun?

Miss AJ

My avatar pic is of my wet braided bun. Here's what I usually do:

1) cowash, detangle, pin up and finish shower routine, rinse, squeeze out excess water
2) add leave-ins
3) apply ORS edge control to edges
4) brush edges down/ hair back into ponytail & secure with goody ouchless band
5) divide ponytail hair in 1/2. braid each half
6) wrap each braid around the base of the ponytail to the end and secure with another good band
7) use eco styler gel to slick hair back and tie down with a scarf for about 20 minutes.

Hope that helps!!

That is great progress you've made, you know what your hair likes and it's definitely working. Your hair is lovely, it looks so thick and healthy, looks great straight and curly.

Angel of the North

Thank you! By trial and error, I do know. And almost everytime I try something new, it doesn't work as well. I think I have my holy grail.

Gorgeous curls!!!!

Amazing progress I must say. :yep:
I used to do the wet bun all the time. Good stuff!!:drunk:

Gorgeous hair and great progress, your hair looks so healthy! I'm 11 months into my transition and I can only dream...

Since being on my natural journey and joining the hair boards, my hair has grown so much and I have been able to retain a good amount of length. :yay:

I contribute that to:

1) daily cowashing with good conditioners & leave-ins :lick:
2) wet bunning a lot :yep:
3) deep conditioning often :yep:
4) avoiding heat (I only flat iron for length checks about 4x a year and a rare special occasion) :nono:
5) regular dusting (every 12-16 weeks) :yep:
6) not wearing my hair out very often (maybe once every few weeks curly) :nono:
7) being natural (I think I was allergic to relaxer due to the severe reaction my scalp had and the constant flat ironing was thinning my hair)

Here is a photo collage of my growth progress so far. This shows my curly hair in EZ comb styles (shout out to @Pokahontas one of my LHCF hair crushes, for the idea for the style...I used to :drool: over her hair in those EZ combs when I big chopped in 2010). Normally, when I post length and progress pics on LHCF, I use straight hair pics. Doing something different...because I am truly in love with my curls! Thanks for looking and HHG! :) See you in the challenge threads! :grin:

Curly Collage:
picture.php

This just don't make no kind of sense for hair to grow this fast:drunk::drunk::drunk:...........you must have some kind of fertilizer on your scalp! Gorgeous!

Great progress and beautiful hair! I cowash on average every 3 days and want to increase it, but afraid of dealing with too many tangles since I keep my hair stretched when I do wash my hair.

(Taking notes)

This just don't make no kind of sense for hair to grow this fast:drunk::drunk::drunk:...........you must have some kind of fertilizer on your scalp! Gorgeous!

:lachen: :lachen: Very funny!! Thank you!

Great :progress and beautiful hair! I cowash on average every 3 days and want to increase it, but afraid of dealing with too many tangles since I keep my hair stretched when I do wash my hair.

(Taking notes)

Try 2 days first... Just an idea.

I am drooling at your last pic - it is lovely! Now you've got me thinking, am I a slow grower or did the wet bunning help me? Whatever the case, your hair is beautiful.

Back