Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im wearing a sew in for the summer, but I love lace wigs. They can look amazingly natural. The make or break for a lace wig, is a natural hairline, flawless app and most important....cuticle aligned remy hair. Just like weave hair, there are different grades of hair. Their true value shows after extended wear and wash. Im brand new and a little camera shy, but I thought Id show a few pics. Thanks

Attachments

• lchf3.jpg
    lchf3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 133
  • lchf1.jpg
    lchf1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 89
  • lchf.JPG
    lchf.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 137
:grin:That's what I am saying. I just lurk, because I surely am not going to post, and when I do, no one responds.

Hello Classic, thanks for posting, the pics look great.
Do you mind PMing me where you purchased your Lace Wig from please?
Thanks a lot!

I am on the fence. I want a lacefront, but I don't :grin:
Pros:
1.I can have any hair texture or length imaginable
2.It will be a good no contact protective style

Cons:
1.I like to c/o wash daily.
2.My real hair is MBL (approaching waist)
3. I could just invest in a human hair wig in a style of my preference and spend way less money

:rolleyes: Why I gotta be so fickle?

this is good stuff...cause lets be honest the BHM threads are scary for noobs like me. LOL

:grin:That's what I am saying. I just lurk, because I surely am not going to post, and when I do, no one responds.

Don't be afraid of BHM :lachen::lachen: Speaking for the lacefront section over there, a lot of times no one will answer because 1) they don't know the answer to your question; 2) the question has been asked 100x - and people figure you didn't search before posting.

If you have any questions, you can ask me - either here or there. If I don't know the answer, I can probably get it for you.:yep:

Before purchasing a lace wig, however, I would suggest searching for the vendor on BHM. You can find a vendor listings and vendor reviews there. If it is your first purchase, you might want to stick with the vendors that those ladies have already tested - so many new vendors are popping up and producing less-than-quality product that I'm only sticking with the tried and true.

I wore lace wigs for about a year and a half and I loved them. I decided this year to cut my relaxer out and wear my own hair. During the beginning of this year I bought a lace wig with silk panel in the front and they are the best because the parts look very realistic.

I wore lace wigs for about a year and a half and I loved them. I decided this year to cut my relaxer out and wear my own hair. During the beginning of this year I bought a lace wig with silk panel in the front and they are the best because the parts look very realistic.

Where did you get the lace wig with the silk panel at? Do you have any pics ?

I am on the fence. I want a lacefront, but I don't :grin:
Pros:
1.I can have any hair texture or length imaginable
2.It will be a good no contact protective style

Cons:
1.I like to c/o wash daily.
2.My real hair is MBL (approaching waist)
3. I could just invest in a human hair wig in a style of my preference and spend way less money

:rolleyes: Why I gotta be so fickle?
I use bobby pins, I wear them every day and I take them off every night no problems!!

Carmela, the huge difference in the Lace wigs, imo, is the hairlines, regular wigs don't do that. At all. I've seen ppl try to wear a half wig at the front of their hair and depending on which one they use, it's not a good look.

Stock wigs are wigs that they already have, they list the specs and u determine based on your own preferences if it is some thing u want to purchase.

My stock wig is costing $160 with $30 shipping. Comparing the cost of braiding, and salon visits, this is great for me!
I agree, lace fronts save me so much money in the long run, I used to spend a pretty penny on braids and salon visits.

I just bought a lace wig last week. She is a 1b, 1.5 curly, 22 inch unit. Very pretty. I thought I had prepared myself and watched youtube videos and read all the application threads on bhm.

OMG!!

It took me 4 hours...yes 4 HOURS to put that thing on my head. I went thru half a bottle of Ultra Hold. The glue kept turning white and it was everywhere!

I also failed to realize that if you brush curly hair you will have an afro :rolleyes: I looked like Dianna Ross.

I went to a wedding that day and nobody could tell, they said it looked really good on me.

After about 2 hours of having that thing glued to my forehead I was ready to take it off. :nono: I dont kno how people can leave them on their heads for weeks on end.

I had a massive headache and my hairline was sore for 3 days.

I will try to wear her again this weekend. But dang. Lacefronts are no joke!!

ETA: Dont worry so much about your hairline coming off. Some C-22 solveant and alcohol will take care of it. I had so much glue in my baby hairs (and i have a lot of baby hair!!) I thought I would rip off my hairline. But after the 5-6th time taking it on and off, I realized my hairline was fine. As long as you remove the wig when all the glue is disolved. Otherwise if you just pull it off you will mess yourself up!

Last edited:
Sorry you had so much drama with the wig application. I have read that Ultra Hold causes severe headaches. You may want to select a different adhesive.

I just bought a lace wig last week. She is a 1b, 1.5 curly, 22 inch unit. Very pretty. I thought I had prepared myself and watched youtube videos and read all the application threads on bhm.

OMG!!

It took me 4 hours...yes 4 HOURS to put that thing on my head. I went thru half a bottle of Ultra Hold. The glue kept turning white and it was everywhere!

I also failed to realize that if you brush curly hair you will have an afro :rolleyes: I looked like Dianna Ross.

I went to a wedding that day and nobody could tell, they said it looked really good on me.

After about 2 hours of having that thing glued to my forehead I was ready to take it off. :nono: I dont kno how people can leave them on their heads for weeks on end.

I had a massive headache and my hairline was sore for 3 days.

I will try to wear her again this weekend. But dang. Lacefronts are no joke!!

ETA: Dont worry so much about your hairline coming off. Some C-22 solveant and alcohol will take care of it. I had so much glue in my baby hairs (and i have a lot of baby hair!!) I thought I would rip off my hairline. But after the 5-6th time taking it on and off, I realized my hairline was fine. As long as you remove the wig when all the glue is disolved. Otherwise if you just pull it off you will mess yourself up!

Here are pics of my lace wig (the one in my avatar too)

anniebeautyshots033-1.jpg

anniebeautyshots097-1-1.jpg

Sorry you had so much drama with the wig application. I have read that Ultra Hold causes severe headaches. You may want to select a different adhesive.

Ooh goodness! The way I put on my full lace wig using Ultra Hold or tape:
  1. I cleanse my face
  2. Then put "scalp protector" on the area that I am going to adhese the wig
  3. Get a q-tip to apply the glue either on the lace or my face
  4. Get clips and clip the baby hair of the wig back so the baby hair doesn't get glue on it.
  5. Apply the wig about 1 inch at a time on my face
  6. Get a satin scarf and tie my hair down for a few minutes.
This application took like 10/15minutes tops. Hope you find this information helpful. Take a look at my fotki marked lace front wigs for styling suggestions too. I cut and styled the mess out my wig!

I'm not 100 % sure how wearing a lace front works . Would it be for every day use ? If so then how long can you wear it with out taking it off, or do you take it off at night and then put it back on in the morining? I'm just weary or using glue anywhere near my hairline, and then trying to camoflauge that ( mesh / nylon ) part around the hairline... It just seems a bit much for an every day style. I can see people using them for special occasions though.

I would not wear one. They were not really designed for this use. I mean they were designed by the film industry..... Most of the women that I know who wear them are cancer patients. I know why they wear them.

Now that it is so popular, I think it is just another way for women to lose portions of thier hair. Just my opinion.

I would not wear one. They were not really designed for this use. I mean they were designed by the film industry..... Most of the women that I know who wear them are cancer patients. I know why they wear them.

Now that it is so popular, I think it is just another way for women to lose portions of thier hair. Just my opinion.
You are right if they are not very careful with the glue around the edges. I just bobby pin them on and now for the first time in years I have a beautiful hairline. It just depends on how the person chooses to wear them on whether they will have hair damage as a result of wearing them.

I agree people should be mindful and do research especially if they are choosing to use glue or tape to apply. The hairline can take a toll if you don't.

Ooh goodness! The way I put on my full lace wig using Ultra Hold or tape:
  1. I cleanse my face
  2. Then put "scalp protector" on the area that I am going to adhese the wig
  3. Get a q-tip to apply the glue either on the lace or my face
  4. Get clips and clip the baby hair of the wig back so the baby hair doesn't get glue on it.
  5. Apply the wig about 1 inch at a time on my face
  6. Get a satin scarf and tie my hair down for a few minutes.
This application took like 10/15minutes tops. Hope you find this information helpful. Take a look at my fotki marked lace front wigs for styling suggestions too. I cut and styled the mess out my wig!

Thank you. Do you pretty much do the same thing in the back? That part kept lifting really bad.

Thank you. Do you pretty much do the same thing in the back? That part kept lifting really bad.

I hope I understand your question correctly but I do use the same steps to my neck and sides of my face and behind the ears. Anywhere the lace wig will be applied.

If the Lace wig is not applied/taken off correctly you could damage the hairline of your hair. But it does have many positives especially for women who have cancer, or alopecia, etc to help them re-grow their hair. or cover up the fact that they can't grow hair. Lace wigs in these situations can help make a woman look like the lace wig is their hair helping them feel glamours and femine, especially if she can't grow any.

Can someone suggest a website to use to purchase adhesives along with the names of the ones that they use.
Also for Scalp Protector, Tape and Adhesive Solvent. Thanks.

What about your sideburns. I have hairy and long sideburns, what should I do?

You can cut the lace to go past your sideburns. Remember YOU cut the lace to have the hair line you want. For example, I have a widows peak so I cut the lace so that it would be longer than my widows peak. This way when I put the adhesive on, the hair on my widows peak is not damaged. Hope this helps.

Can someone suggest a website to use to purchase adhesives along with the names of the ones that they use.
Also for Scalp Protector, Tape and Adhesive Solvent. Thanks.

I bought my tape adhesive, scalp protector from the same place I purchased my wig www.lacefront-wig.com

You might want to go to Ebay to purchase a sample of Ultra Hold adhesive and adhesive remover to see if it works for you before buying a $38 bottle of Ultra Hold adhesive. If you have any more questions, just PM me. Good luck

Back