Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bought my tape adhesive, scalp protector from the same place I purchased my wig www.lacefront-wig.com

You might want to go to Ebay to purchase a sample of Ultra Hold adhesive and adhesive remover to see if it works for you before buying a $38 bottle of Ultra Hold adhesive. If you have any more questions, just PM me. Good luck

Samples? You know I love me some samples.

Ladies, do you think it would be possible or okay to sew the lace wig on to some tracks as if you were doing a full weave install? For example, instead of securing with glue/tape to you hairline, you would just sew to a perimeter braid? I would LOVE to get a lace wig but I refuse to use any glue or tape. Anyone ever sew one on and is it possible? Also, would sewing do any damage to the lace?

I don't tape or glue my hair I just braid, apply and go

I haven't had any incidents I even swam in it

Attachments

• 032e.jpg
    032e.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 133
I've seen some good looking ones and some horrible looking ones, so I really think it depends on the quality of the hair and how well it is applied.

Ladies, do you think it would be possible or okay to sew the lace wig on to some tracks as if you were doing a full weave install? For example, instead of securing with glue/tape to you hairline, you would just sew to a perimeter braid? I would LOVE to get a lace wig but I refuse to use any glue or tape. Anyone ever sew one on and is it possible? Also, would sewing do any damage to the lace?

I have not personally done this, but I have read posts on another forum where this was done successfully. (with instructions) You need to be careful to not damage the lace, but, yes it can be done. Another possibility is bobby pins - daily removal and the ability to access your own hair at will.

I have a Model Model Lace TopCap wig with synthetic hair, it is the Maui. The front looks pretty realistic, maybe not as realistic as a real lacefront... but I'm NOT putting some wierd chemical compound on my skin like that. :nono:
Plus I like to deep condition 3x a week, and apply moisturizer to my ends every night. So a lacefront wouldn't work for me, unless I was gonna pin it on.

Nevermind the expense... trying to convince DH to drop that kind of loot on a fancier wig (when I already have soooooo many wigs anyway) would be like trying to drown Aquaman. :nono:

I have not personally done this, but I have read posts on another forum where this was done successfully. (with instructions) You need to be careful to not damage the lace, but, yes it can be done. Another possibility is bobby pins - daily removal and the ability to access your own hair at will.
That's what I do and why deal with Craigslist when you can get stock units directly from reputable vendors in China? They FedEx 'em right to your door!

They are not for everybody it's true, you have to know how to take care of them. I have units that are going on 2 years old and all I have to do is wash, condition and style it and it looks like freshly done hair (which is what it is) I can't say the same for my BSS wigs... so over time I know I'm saving money. (no beauty salon visits or multiple purchase of BSS wigs)

Here are pics of my lace wig (the one in my avatar too)

anniebeautyshots033-1.jpg

anniebeautyshots097-1-1.jpg

Very nice!!!! I would never have guessed this was a lace front!:yep:

Last edited:
I just got this couldn't resist
Oh my gosh girl that is beautiful!! I plan to get the same one my next unit. PM me if you need some tips on products that will keep those curls looking good, most of them are all natural like rose water, glycerine and aloe juice with a couple of other leave in..

That is a hotness and that type would be very easy to simply bobby pin on too... I have one like that with lightly larger curls. I prefer those tighter curls and I love that cut!!!

msportugal does your wig have thin skin around the perimeter which keeps it snuggly on or do you apply bobby pins to keep your wig from coming off? Also does the lace still lay down flat in the front to blend with your scalp even though you do not use any type of adhesive to lay it down?

msportugal does your wig have thin skin around the perimeter which keeps it snuggly on or do you apply bobby pins to keep your wig from coming off? Also does the lace still lay down flat in the front to blend with your scalp even though you do not use any type of adhesive to lay it down?

No no thin skin just lace. It lays down and I almost never use bobby pins. It just fits my
giant head, and no adhesive lays it down. now i did notice that it was a lil flappy when i was swimming in it but you had to be all up on it to see that and the baby hairs acted as
camo

suscribing to this thread to read later! I am really interested in stepping up my wig game and getting a lace front. I LOVE wigs and have a lot of 3/4 wigs and full wigs but haven't tried a lacefront yet. I think I'm ready and would love to find a good one! I've seen some great info on this thread. Thanks, ladies!

i got a stellar lace front from andreaslaceaffair in atl..and i never looked back from there---i wore it my mom wore it--we wore the hell outta that thing--lmaooo--nonethless we put her to rest but it was worth every penny and saved my butt after my hair trauma story
i think they have a kisok in the mall in atl not sure which one though
but i feel like u have ot know what ur doin with these things--one wrong turn and its--:(

bumping cause I want a lacefront now! Has anyone purchased one off of Ebay. they seem to have some nice ones for a decent price but Im no expert on quality.

I do this to (haven't swam on it) .. I just wear a wig cap over cornrows and my wig fits nice and snuggly. There is a pic of it in my fotki,

I am hoping this will keep my wig looking nice for many months

bump again! I think Im going to get a synthetic lace front to practice with before I plunge into the real thing.

I went into a local BSS here in Baltimore...lo and behold they had lace fronts, synthetic and human hair. The synthetic ones were going for $69.99 and they install for an extra $25. The human hair ones were like $299-$499, same price for install. I was surprised! Never expected to see them there...the BSS is in da cut too...:look:

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to bump this up but I am buying my lace today. I wanted to get a comprehensive list of care products that I would need. for example, Knot Sealer, Glue, tape etc.
Any help around?

Hi Ladies,
Sorry to bump this up but I am buying my lace today. I wanted to get a comprehensive list of care products that I would need. for example, Knot Sealer, Glue, tape etc.
Any help around?

You must get the following

SCALP PROTECTOR-you can also use that as a knot sealer.
Light colored wig cap
adhesive (whether glue or tape)
99% alcohol for removal of lace wig
cosmetic sponge to use with alcohol to take wig off

Good luck and don't forget to start a thread to show us pics!

Hi Ladies,
Any help around?

You must get the following

SCALP PROTECTOR-you can also use that as a knot sealer.
Light colored wig cap
adhesive (whether glue or tape)
99% alcohol for removal of lace wig
cosmetic sponge to use with alcohol to take wig off

Good luck and don't forget to start a thread to show us pics!

I found this listing on EBay for $29.91 w/ $8.30 shipping. Is this a good deal?
*looks around for Bermudabeauty*

C-22 4 oz -- Lace Release 1.3 dab -- Scalp Protector 1.3 dab -- QTY 2 Double Sided Clear Tape -- Ultra Hold .5 oz

Ultra Hold is an acrylic based maximum hold adhesive specially formulated for use on the skin and excellent for securing Lace Wigs and Toupee pieces. The product is for extended wear lasting 2-4 weeks. Use C-22 Citrus Remover and Lace Release to dissolve.

C-22 Solvent Citrus Adhesive Remover for Lace, Scalp and Hair. Works excellent on Ultra Hold and other glues. This product is very gentle on your skin and has a sweet smell of oranges.

Sprayer Included
For Lace Front, Thin Skin, or Full lace wigs or Toupees
Easy to Use - Quickly Removes Adhesive and Residue from hair, scalp, lace or any bonded areas of wig or toupee.
Pleasant Light Citrus Fragrance
Removes adhesives and glue in half the time of other brands.
4 FL. Ounce Spray Bottle
Scalp Protector - For a strong hold, apply the Scalp Protector around the perimeter of your head before attaching the system. Works much better than rubbing alcohol.

Lace Release A Great Product for Cleaning & Removing Ultra Hold and Tape From Lace Wigs.

Fast Acting Cleaner & Remover for Scalp & All Hair Systems.

Gentle on Skin Rinses Off With Soap & Water. 1.3 oz Dab

Blue Liner Tape Clear double-sided tape. Use C-22 and Lace release adhesive remover to gently remove.Designed to hold for a couple of weeks and great for those seeking to not use glue. 36 Pieces in Package

Liquid Tape SiliconeAdhesive This specially formulated silicon adhesive is for doing quick spot touch-up on tape or adhesive bonded Lace Front Wigs to skin A tested safe silicon bonding adhesive, remains flexible with excellent holding power to skin and all types of hair systems for 5-7 days.

Double Sided Clear Tape 108 inches. Remove with lace release.

My lace wig has been purchased. #1B Kinky Straight 14 inches. I'm very excited.
I am thinking of buying my alcohol and wig caps from Miss Lola.

Last edited:
Back