Lace wigs

Do lace wigs look fake

• Yes i think they look fake.

Votes: 123 28.0%
  • No i think they look fine.... if you get a good one.

Votes: 316 72.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The system was making me double post too. What you stated in you post seems ok. you can buy either 99% alcohol or c22 to remove your lace wig when you are ready to take it off. Ultra Hold is a good brand for lace front application. (A LITTLE DAB WILL DO YOU). Be sure to apply that with a q-tip instead of the brush it comes with. (Again, a little dab will do you.) Adhesive tape is also cool. I personally like the tape better but that is just me. Scalp Protector is all good. Looks like you got the complete package! You are ready girl just order the wig already. LOL! Good luck and don't forget to post pics!

Hi Bermudabeauty, I am glad that you responded with this information because I would have wasted extra money just to buy the Alcohol. Hopefully my local BSS has light colored lace caps so I don't have to pay for additional shipping.

I'm very excited! The vendors said that I would receive it by Thursday. I will definitely take as many pics as possible. I have no friends nearby who can do that for me, so they may not be as good as I'd like them to be.

Tell me some thing. How do you treat your hair under the cap? Have you had any issues with breaking?

bumping cause I want a lacefront now! Has anyone purchased one off of Ebay. they seem to have some nice ones for a decent price but Im no expert on quality.

I am bidding on a synthetic one right now and just called the store about them.

I saw you also posted about getting a synthetic here is the link: http://myworld.ebay.com/notjustwigs/

They are very reputable here is someone's review of them and she is a vet a this lace wearing thing:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=153789&KW=&PID=2807565#2807565 she is wearing it i her avi and it is flawless, it does't even look synthetic or like she didn't use adhesive.

*This EBay store needs to give me a discount with all my advertising. LOL:grin:

I have relaxed/permanently colored hair so my hair is very dry. I have to keep it moisturized. I usually wash/deep condition once a week with that lace wig. Also used leave in conditioner and olive oil for moisture. That is why I choose to use the adhesive tape instead of glue because I wanted to take my hair down every week. I tried braiding my hair underneath but I have such thick hair I didn't like the way it looked. I just simply brushed my hair back and bobby pinned it under.

I wore them for about a year and a half after I did the BC. I loved them. If you get the right kind (fit, color, texture) and the right app they look real.

I got tired of the app process and clean up so i am taking a break from them. But they are really good.

Here are pics of me in one. I learned a lot from the LF section on BHM.

Hair011-vi.jpg

Hair012-vi.jpg

I am bidding on a synthetic one right now and just called the store about them.

I saw you also posted about getting a synthetic here is the link: http://myworld.ebay.com/notjustwigs/

They are very reputable here is someone's review of them and she is a vet a this lace wearing thing:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=153789&KW=&PID=2807565#2807565 she is wearing it i her avi and it is flawless, it does't even look synthetic or like she didn't use adhesive.

*This EBay store needs to give me a discount with all my advertising. LOL:grin:

Thanks! They have some really nice ones. I really like these two styles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Lace-Front-H...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Lace-Front-Y...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

I wore them for about a year and a half after I did the BC. I loved them. If you get the right kind (fit, color, texture) and the right app they look real.

I got tired of the app process and clean up so i am taking a break from them. But they are really good.

Here are pics of me in one. I learned a lot from the LF section on BHM.

Hair011-vi.jpg

Hair012-vi.jpg

That looks really natural. Approx. how much did you pay for it?

That looks really natural. Approx. how much did you pay for it?

Thanks

I think that one was about $500.

Lets keep in mine I was HEAVY into lace fronts so I was spending money on them. At the time I called it "investing" in my hair. I had several lace fronts that i bought that ranged from $75 - $600.

I bought from other board members, chinese vendors, and american vendors. I got some real steals and i waisted some real money on some.

Thanks

I think that one was about $500.

Lets keep in mine I was HEAVY into lace fronts so I was spending money on them. At the time I called it "investing" in my hair. I had several lace fronts that i bought that ranged from $75 - $600.

I bought from other board members, chinese vendors, and american vendors. I got some real steals and i waisted some real money on some.

Dang $500 is a serious lace front ! lol

I was going to take off once a week to wash and condition but I know your not really supposed to sleep in synthetic wigs. I dont want to risk damaging my hairline by applying and removing daily (nor do I want to take the time out each day). Anyone sleep in or plan to sleep in their synthetic?

I get a lot of PM's about how I apply my Lace Fonts daily (I just got a complement on my CVR today)

I have custom fitted units, that makes a huge difference. They have nice hairlines with baby hair, (which is just shorter hair around the edges that are helpful for blending).

I wear a side part and bangs, that's just my nomal style. I either do a swooped bang (tuck behind the ear) or I just wear the long chin length bangs, (I have my unit cut in long layers, the shortest layers are the bangs around my face and they are cut just under my chin) My unit hairline blends well with my hairline, I wear it just slightly behind my natural hairline (let my babyhairs show (not the geled down kind :laugh:)) Then to secure I use about 6 - 8 bobby pins around the perimeter to attach to my wig cap and my hair (braided under the cap) It looks natual and stays perfectly secure. It is very comfortable and this is the easiest style I have ever worn. I take my unit off as soon as I get home.

I am growing my TWA out using this protective style and my hair and hairline haven't been this healthy in like forever!! This is so totally like cheating, being glamorus and wearing a protective style at the same time :look:

I will never attach another unit in my life, ever! I'm throwing all that glue and crap out this weekend.

Thank you.. I only wore them a week at a time, washed my hair and put it back on. I just cut all my hair off so I won't be wearing them for awhile. Need to let my own hair breathe a little. As long as you don't do a whole lot of brushing, combing, and putting heat to the units they should last for awhile. Just be careful of how you apply and take if off. I have a unit that I ripped a little because I got a little heavy handed taking if off.

Fabulosity at it's best! You are so pretty- you are wearing the heck out of that LF. Have you noticed any damage at all since wearing them? THanks so much for posting your link.

Last edited:
Great Idea.. To secure it with bobby pins and the wig ap.. Now that idea is a winner.. May try that as a protective style...

I want to try another one... but I am afraid fo damaging my hairline. I don't know how to properly put one on. I live with my SO he can help but he's a dude.

Good morning Ladies, I finally have the time to tell you my lace wig arrival stories :)
I ordered my lace wig, made my final payment on Tuesday, I had my wig on Thursday by 3;30pm. My good ole neighbor secured it and kept it at home, cos you know I was paranoid about some one stealing it right? lol

I anxiously opened my package and I looked at it. It was weird, I'd never seen one in person before. It was in a sealed plastic bag, the ones that u buy wigs or weave and braid hair in. The middle was stuffed with the tissue paper to retain the shape of the scalp and it was covered with the mesh netting that you'd see on a regular wig.

The total cost were $180 for the wig, $30 for shipping and I think there was like a Paypal fee or some fee which was maybe $8. So all in all, I didn't spend more than $218 or so. I got Kinky Straight, I found that type to be most natural looking for my texture of hair. I used to buy that type of weave for my sewn ins.

Today my adhesive and scalp prep kit came. I ordered that on Thursday, it shipped out on Thursday evening and I got it this morning, just about 30 mins ago.
(Check earlier posts for what it contains)

Silly enough, I'm nervous and anxious. I haven't purchased my light colored lace cap yet, so I'm heading to the BSS to see if they have other colors than black. I'm going to wash and deep condition my hair today, braid it back, secure it with a hair pin and apply it, should all go well.

The issue that bugs me the most is the cutting of my lace, then the styling.
Do you ladies who already own lace wigs style on your head, or do you style before putting it on?

I will be posting pics and copying this account onto my fotki soon, so check this thread for updates :)

Ladies! Get ready to roll on the floor laughing.
I have so much to tell you about my lace wig application disasters.

After three tries I still have no successfully applied my lace wig, lol.
I had glue EVERYWHERE! The tape wasn't working AT ALL, and it was so much headache.
My husband was looking at me and just shaking his head.

Fortunately, I've found someone who can apply it for me, so I am hoping to get that done by Friday night and going to NY to have my hair dresser trim it to decrease the volume of the hair for me.

i want to get one now for a protective style!!!

i've never worn a wig in my life, so what questions should i be asking the supplier?

i got this off the womans myspace page:
HOW TO GIVE YOUR HAIR LINE A REST AND STILL WEAR YOUR FULL LACE WIG!

1) Only adhere the front and sides. Wear your hair down for a while so you do not have to adhere the back of your lace wig.

2) Stitch the sides and back of the lace wig to your corn rows, use the baby hairs on your lace wig to disguise the stitches and to ensure you can still put your hair up in a pony tail.

3) Wear your lace wig with a thick alice band or head scarf.

4) Use tape at the front only.

ARE ADHESIVES SAFE TO USE??
Current mood: awake

Hmmmm. Well I stopped using ULTRAHOLD a while ago for several reasons.

I find it time consuming when applying it and I find it a nightmare getting it off my lace and skin. I hate when it starts to loosen and gets all sticky and my boyfriend mentioned that he has kissed my forehead several times when I wore it only for his lips to stick to my skin LOL!!!

ULTRAHOLD also contains a substance called TOLUENE which has been known to cause headaches with some users etc.

The best thing you can do is research. Check out the ingredients on the glue of your choice. This is easy to do type each ingredient into the google search engine.

Your best bet is to use a medically safe adhesive. These are more expensive but you don't need much anyway and one bottle can go a very long way.

Tape also works well.

Hit me up if you need adhesive/tape recommendations.

Best Wishes x

After wearing your lace wig for a while, the lace around the perimeter may start to get lighter (or is it just mine??) lol. To combat this just use some make up!!!

If you have colour 1 or 1B hair you could use black mascara, black lipstick or liquid eyeliner and dab it on the lace to blend it in with the hair.

If you have a lighter coloured hair on your lace unit you might try using liquid foundation to blend it in.

Too much of anything is bad right? Lace wig adhesives can damage your hairline if used without care and patience. For this reason we recommend you to remove and reapply your lace wig at least once a week. This will keep everything fresh and minimize the damage to your skin and hairline. When removing your wig the utmost care and patience must be excercised otherwise you are likely to rip your baby hairs out and over time you may end up with Homer Simpson's hairline!!!

Besides the more you practice removing and reapplying your wig the better, more confident you'll get and soon it'll be a doddle!!!

Lots of Love x

Back