Labor Day 'Holiday' Weekend Sept. 4, 5, 6, & 7th What Are your Hair Plans?

I just dc'ed with Curls Asian hair tea conditioner mixed with Millcreek Keratin conditioner. I'm under my heating cap now

Do you make the same braidout last all week?

Yup. I usually wear it out the first day and then pin it up or bun the rest of the week. I'll moisturize and rebraid at night if I feel it's necessary.

My hair is drying in plaits right now for a braid out. Did a protein trtmt w/AO GBP mixed with Blue Algae mask and then DC'd with AO White camellia.:yep:

Alexstin, how was that mix? How long have you been using it like that? How long do you leave it on?

Per your request terri :) . well i thought would be able to just wash with CON and comb my hair out a bit . i really had no idea of the extent of the matting . well when CON didnt work . i got worried and put some IC silkytea gel on my hair and started detangling in small box braid like sections . keeping my hair damp with a spray water bottle . it took me seven hours ! on and off with breaks i started at 8 and was done by 3 . never again . it was horrid and i was really mad at myself. but there was really nothing special i used, just determination to get those knots out and takin my time lol! oh yeah i used a denman and fine tooth comb to detangle.

Well I have flakes and I think it came from the cocasta oil I put on my scalp. So I will pre poo tomorrow with amix of coconut oil and Lisa hair elixer on my scalp. then shampoo with black soap then I will try an avocado treatment for the first time. It will be avocado, coconut milk and honey. Then I will style with Giovanni direct leave in and my Shea butterand coconut oil mix. Not sure if I wanna wash and go or do chunky twists for a twist out Monday.

Cowash with v05 moisture milks strawberry and cream
detangle with taliah wajiid spray
air dry in 2 French braids
blow dry with Pantene relaxed and natural moisturizer, first time , but I liked it.
I'm sitting in the braiders chair right now getting cornrows. It's my first time going to her, she's gentle and fast. I'm super tenderheaded and avoid braids for this reason. But I'm going for 1 inch a month for the rest of the year so I gotta step my protective style game up.

Tonight, I'm washing and DC'ing and prepping it for a blown out afro for Labor Day.

Also doing a length check, it's my nappiversary! :yep:

I treated myself to a Dominican blowout yesterday, so I'm spending the remainder of the holiday weekend reveling in the liberation from the bun.

-I shampooed with Abba Pure Moisture Shampoo
-Deep conditioned w/Mizani Moisturefuse w/heat for 20 min
-Conditioned with Abba Pure Moisture Conditioner
-Then applied leave-ins: Giovanni Direct Leave-in & Frederick Fekkai Luscious Curls Creme. Now my hair is air drying. My hair is currently twisted so I plan to re-twist some of my twists after my hair is dry.

On Friday, I co-washed with my Vo5 Moisture Milk Condish (SC)
Moisturized and Sealed

Yesterday I moisturized and sealed 2x

Today I will DC with my Mane N Tail Original Condish for 30 minutes
Co-wash with my Vo5 Moisture Milk
Moisturize and Seal

Tomorrow I will simply moisturize and seal 2x

Yesterday I took out my old cornows, DC'd over night with AOHR w/ olive oil then washed this morning with Hair One. I sprayed it w/ my homemade spritz, put on a little AOHR then sealed with coconut oil and a little castor on my ends.
Now, I'm getting ti braided in individual braids which I'll leave in for the next 4 months or so (getting them redone when necessary).

I wasn't going to do anything to my hair until another 2 weeks but my braids were not laying and flowing like I wanted it to so I washed it and DCW'd it with a Mills Creek Biotin and Keratin Condtioner mix so that it could flow better. Now it feels so light and wonderful:yep:.

my weekend plans are to find another salon ASAP.

Im also hoping to find a protective style to put in before work on Tuesday.

I will be using Njoi's Ayurvedic Hair Butter to give my hair some love.

I've been bunning it for the past few weeks now so thats what I'll do this weekend. This morning (9/6), I used the 2 minute Aphogee conditioner and then co-washed with a cheapie Suave conditioner.

I am not going to anything, I'm gonna continue to enjoy these blessed individuals I've had in for the past month, count the money I'm saving from not having to buy anything for my hair, and continue to hide my hair :yep:

hot oil with jojoba, sweet almond oil and coconut oil
clarify
probly dc with silicon mix or aohr mixed with oils
airdry

Friday I washed with Paul Mitchell awapuhi shampoo, then used Joico Kpak reconstructor, then used Aussie Moist 3 min deeep, then put on Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner. I put in Jasmine's Bath and Body leave-in detangler and detangled half my head.

I blow-dried when it was 85% dry, and flat-ironed. Last night I pin-curled my hair in six or seven sections. I'm waiting to go somewhere so that I can take it down.

OK, I got of work early so I'm having a hair day:drunk:

shampoo- giovanni smooth as silk
deep condition- ORS replenishing pack
co wash- giovanni smooth as silk conditioner

Then I think I'll do a twist out with perm rods :bump:

Back