Labor Day 'Holiday' Weekend Sept. 4, 5, 6, & 7th What Are your Hair Plans?

Thanks Everybody for Sharing your Hair Plans, Products and Techniques.:yep:

As always, you all are doing some wonderful things to & with your Hair.

(Even those of you that are doing "nothing"):look: Sometimes it good to just let your Hair "rest"

it's experiment weekend :nod: going to try doing a at least half day soak of amla oil then I may *may* try my shikakai and amla powders again but this time I'll try them as a paste... or do the above mentioned soak then just detangle, use my new joico pc that I haven't tried yet do a braggs ACV rinse then either wet bun with my vatika coconut oil or make a quick batch of my butter mixture

Sitting under the dryer doing a protein dc right now. I'll clarify and do a moisturizing shampoo/dc on Sunday and cowash on Monday.

I went to the salon today, DC with Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditiner, had my hair roller set and the roots blowed out. Used Fermodyl 619 as a leave in and then toped it all off with my shea coconut oil concoction.
My plans... HOPING THIS ROLLERSET LAST!

I'm thinking that a ...
...1/2 hour heating cap conditioning treatment w/ aphogee 2min
and aloe vera gel is in order,
followed by an hour under the steamer w/ a mixture of
banana brulee, honey, vatika oil, and more aloe vera gel

Cowash and leave-in with Oyins Honey Hemp conditioner
Apply Burdock Root Butter Cream, castor oil, and twist
for a twist out. :rolleyes:

I really like the way my hair feels after this treatment.

I might even try to squeeze in an ayurvedic tea rinse treatment
some time this weekend, too. :grin:

Hi idare :) well i caught another cold lol . not as bad this time . but i have really neglected my hair for two weeks . i just pulled back a knotty fro into a bun and kept it like that ! the bun got smaller and knottier as the weeks went by lol well now im suffering , slowly detangeling . one side has taken me over two hours. im takin a break and then on to the next side, for im sure another two :( ugh . but after all that is done i will pamper my poor hair with a good washin with organix shea butter poo , deep con with cocoa espresso conditioner with added honey and evoo . then i going to blow out my hair with my new blow dryer :)with lon and nano tech lol and then trim and flat iron . whew !

I was given a bottle of Giovanni 50:50 by my G'ma on Wed that I just tried out for the first time......I likes!

So I did 1 wash w/ Giovanni 50:50, 2nd wash w/ CD Tui Poo, very moisturizing, and now i'm sitting under the dryer w/ Miss Keys 10 en 1 doing a DC. I'm gonna sleep with a t-shirt wrapped around my hair to absorb the water, then twist in the morning w/ Oyin whipped pudding.

My daughter's a cheerleader so I have to be at the park all afternoon......no time for hair stuff tomorrow, lol!

Sept 6 is my Birthday. I'am taking it EASY. Henna Gloss on Tuesday.Happy Hair Growing!

My steamer arrived yesterday so I'm steaming, rollersetting and flat ironing my roots today if I don't get sidetracked by everything else I need to do. :dance7:

Won't do anything till monday labor day got my hair done late in the previous week so its still good to go....will go to my salon monday and get wash, deep conditioner and set for the week.

Quick update : i was up till three in the morning getting the knots out . but its done ! never again it was horrible and i cursed myself out a few times lol

Wash w/ Elasta QP
Rinse (Clairol Beautiful collection)
DC (SE Mega Silk)
Roller set (if I'm not too lazy)

This morning I braided my hair up for a braid-out using a little bit of QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, my oil mix, and Seyani butter for my edges. :)

My hair is drying in plaits right now for a braid out. Did a protein trtmt w/AO GBP mixed with Blue Algae mask and then DC'd with AO White camellia.:yep:

Washed w/ KBB Juicy Bar
Deep conditioned w/ her Luscious Pear Conditioner
Leave in was her Hair Milk
Now I'm under the dryer w/ rollers.

I plan on doing a baking soda rinse then co-wash....
co-wash...with VO5 moisture milk
dc with baggie.. no heat (don't feel like it) for the rest of the day....to be continued tomorrow

Tomorrow... rinse... apply MT and seal with Vatika Oil..... Bunning...

In transition... less is more for me! I'm lovin my NG

Okay so I couldn't wait until tomorrow to do my hair:

I just saturated my dry hair with Suave Naturals Waterlily Conditioner (before applying, I detangled my 4 day old braid out with my fingers)

I'll leave this in for an hour or two, then shampoo with Breakthru, and DC with AO GPB for 30mins

Next, apply my HE LTR leave-in & chi silk infusion...

Finally Roller set

Oh yeah, and a light dusting!

Last edited:
I got my hair braided on Thursday afternoon, so I won't be doing anything with it until another 2 weeks or so....I think:look:.

Co-wash with Vo5 strawberry champagne conditioner, put swoops in the front and use a wet & wavy half wig!

I'm going to try a hot oil treatment for deep conditioning. Then use porosity control conditioner for the first time. I hope this helps with my dryness. Then do a flexi-rod set.

I washed with Hello Hydration poo. Then DC'd for an hour with Pantene R&N Defense Mask mixed with honey, EVOO, and a little Aussie Deeeep 3 Minute Reconstructor. After rinsing that out I did a final rinse with Roux Porosity Control. Did the t-shirt method to soak some of the water up for about 15 minutes. Then applied my leave-ins. Sprayed Aussie Hair Insurance all over, then used HE LTR Leave-in. Using the scarf method now to airdry. I'm about 80% dry. When I'm dry, I'm gonna apply castor oil to my scalp. I'm starting the Castor Oil Challenge that Hairlista is doing. Probably just do a bun after that.

Yesterday I deep conditioned with Pantene R&N Defense Mask. Today I'm going to do an Amla treatment for an hour before going to bed. I'm also going to dye my hair tomorrow with Tints of Nature and cover my greys. I'm just prepping my hair for the blowout I'm getting on Wednesday at the salon. I might even give my hair a light dusting.

Good question...

• DC w/Lustrasilk Cholesterol and Grapeseed Oil
  • Blowdry and Flat Iron (haven't used any heat in over two weeks)

I will be playing "mixologist" this weekend. I was gifted a package of Panthenol (thanks T!), so I plan to add some to my Pantene conditioner.

Can we say "breakage"? :nono: I had to do a re-wind. I did an egg protein treatment and followed it up with a super moisturizing conditioner - Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner. That is so good stuff! I dc'd with Pantene Time Renewal Mask and finished with Pantene Fusion Conditioner mixed w/SAA, BTMS, Panthenol, and Grapeseed Oil. :lick: I used John Frieda's Frizz Ease along with my new hair dryer with a comb attachment and my hair was so soft and straight. My new flat iron just laid my hair down. :grin:

Lesson learned - My hair cannot handle two weeks of co-washes and braid-outs. Too much moisture, manipulation, and not enough protein. My hair loves protein. :wallbash:

Back