Labor Day 2007 - "Day of Rest" but are you doing anything to you hair today?

I needed this henna treatment. I just finished it and my hair feels thicker with more fullness already.

I am deep conditioning now. I need to get back in the swing of things. These treatments need to be done AT LEAST once a month.

I needed this henna treatment. I just finished it and my hair feels thicker with more fullness already.

I am deep conditioning now. I need to get back in the swing of things. These treatments need to be done AT LEAST once a month.

Yeah, my hair wasn't happy about the once every 8 weeks thing I did while braided. My thrives at once/week. :ohwell:

Yeah, my hair wasn't happy about the once every 8 weeks thing I did while braided. My thrives at once/week. :ohwell:

I know. I used to do it weekly and my hair was doing well. I simply don't have the time now it seems. :(

I need to do it more often though. My hair feels the way it is supposed to feel right now!!

My hair is never too dry after henna treaments, either. I am not sure why some have that problem. IT has to be the ingredients they use of the products that use afterwards. Even before applying my deep conditioner, my hair feel moist and soft.

I know. I used to do it weekly and my hair was doing well. I simply don't have the time now it seems. :(

I need to do it more often though. My hair feels the way it is supposed to feel right now!!

My hair is never too dry after henna treaments, either. I am not sure why some have that problem. IT has to be the ingredients they use of the products that use afterwards. Even before applying my deep conditioner, my hair feel moist and soft.

I wish I could be you right now. The only thing that holds me back from doing a henna treatment is the dryness I get, my head is hard as a brick afterwards. I have a fresh box of henna headed my way so hopefully that will help. I am also not going to mix any tea or anything in this time.

I wish I could be you right now. The only thing that holds me back from doing a henna treatment is the dryness I get, my head is hard as a brick afterwards. I have a fresh box of henna headed my way so hopefully that will help. I am also not going to mix any tea or anything in this time.

I just use 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 oz warm water and oil (about an ounce). I used Kelechi oil this time and it was very nice. I warmed the oil before I put it in the mixture.

I think the full fat yogurt was a good idea (thanks henna sooq). I used to use the fat free. It was nice, but the full fat really is better.

I just use 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 oz warm water and oil (about an ounce). I used Kelechi oil this time and it was very nice. I warmed the oil before I put it in the mixture.

I think the full fat yogurt was a good idea (thanks henna sooq). I used to use the fat free. It was nice, but the full fat really is better.

I will try that and let you know. Thanks for the tip!

deep conditioned with "Irish moss mix" and Jojobah oil. Then my daughter did two strand twists on my wet hair . After I drenched my twists with coconut oil.:grin:

Mine's pretty dry after henna, but after DC'g overnight w/ aveda and it's as right as rain. :yep:

I did nothing to my hair today. Yesterday I prepoo, protein treatment and DC and flexi rod set my hair. I haven't gone out today so my hair is still rolled up on my flexi rod and will stay that way until tomorrow morning.

Today I'm doing a Curlaway treatment. I'll leave it on for 6-7 hours this time. I'll seal the ends with castor oil before pullng it into a bun for the week.

Does anyone else out there use this product?

I like it because my hair seems to require less heat when I flat iron (weekends only) Oh, and I texlax my hair regularly.

Last edited:
Today I'm doing a Curlaway treatment. I'll leave it on for 6-7 hours this time. I'll seal the ends with castor oil before pullng it into a bun for the week.

Does anyone else out there use this product?

I like it because my hair seems to require less heat when I flat iron (weekends only) Oh, and I texlax my hair regularly.

What is it? Who makes it?

Today I took my braids out. And applied some conditioner and coconut oil to my hair. I really needed a break from the braids and my scalp started scabbing so I am back to rocking my wash n go. I will probably do a henna treatment this weekend because that was doing some wonders for my curl texture and the strength of my hair.

I also played scrabble with the hubby...nice quality time...

Relaxer touch-up (ORS)
roller set
silk wrap

I used a mixture of lite proteins and a ceramide conditioner, and silk amino acids in the relaxer and as a spray on with water for my rollerset.
IT FEELS GOOD (Tony, Toni, Tone)

omg i spent the whole day trying to get these twist out of my head and I did not finish I am going to work tomorrow looking like hot garbage i got a lot of growth from the twist but i think i am going to have damage from the removal so i doubt if i ever get them again

I co-washed and detangled with Silicon Mix.
Tied my hair down with a scarf and put it in a bun.
It came out soooooo sleek thanks to Silicon mix.:yep:

Back