Labor Day 2007 - "Day of Rest" but are you doing anything to you hair today?

HoneyDew

I am not going to any cookouts or anything today. I really do need this day for myself.

I am doing a well-needed henna treatment. I have not done one in 4 or 5 months :perplexed

I am doing a mix with plain (full fat, as HennaSooq suggested) yogurt, and and ounce or two of warm water. I am not using thet Dabur amla oil this time because I don't feel like smelling it. I am going to try Kelechi oil from the sample pack I got from Nasabb.

I am also going to follow it up with a deep condition with Aubrey Organics white camellia conditioner. This is a first use for me, so I am excited to try it.

What are you doing to your hair today?

I'm doing henna too...long over do for me as well...I use to do them twice a month then they went to once a month to once every couple of months...what a slacker..hahaha

:sad::sad: I planned to henna today too, but I was too lazy to go to the store yesterday to buy the henna, so I guess I have to wait til next weekend :rolleyes:

I'm doing henna too...long over do for me as well...I use to do them twice a month then they went to once a month to once every couple of months...what a slacker..hahaha

I am a slacker, too. I know how much my hair likes it, too! I just get lazy.

Your avatar! Nice length there, girlie.

I am a slacker, too. I know how much my hair likes it, too! I just get lazy.

Your avatar! Nice length there, girlie.

Thank you...I get lazy too. I am debating if I want to do a rollerset after the henna or just let it airdry and sport a bun for the rest of the week which is probably the best idea. I have been wearing my hair down for the past week and a half.

I'm going to co-wash and wet-wrap my hair and let it airdry.

When I find out I have to go somewhere I'll sit under the dryer. I wanna pincurl it for later tomorrow or Wednesday

I'm doing my first aphogee two-step protein treatment ever today. I'm nervous and excited about it. LOL..hey...it's the little things.

I am not doing cookouts or anything either. I'm trying to relax since we are going on vaction in 2 weeks. For whatever reason, my vacations are never all that relaxing.

I co-washed and my hair is airdrying in big twists. I have a flight to catch in a few hours but once I get home I may either re-wet and rollerset (I don't have my rollers with me) or flat iron.

Prolly nothing. Ive been piddling around the house all morning and my scarf/bonnet is still on. If I go out l8r Ill prolly moisturize and maybe use my Carusos if its flat. But thats about it.

Prolly nothing. Ive been piddling around the house all morning and my scarf/bonnet is still on. If I go out l8r Ill prolly moisturize and maybe use my Carusos if its flat. But thats about it.

Girl, me too! Let me get up off my butt and get started with my hair. Lazy day....

I had totally slacked off on my henna too, last night my hair breathed a sigh of relief when I finally hennaed. It had been months for me too. :nono:

I really pampered my hair, rinsed the henna out with White Rain Tropical Coconut, pooed w/CON and reconditionded with Kenra MC. :grin:

I airdried in a scarf, set my hair in 2 bantus, then styled it in a braidout out this morning for nice waves.

My intention is to use my new Dominican pre poo treatment(Apretadora). Then wash, deep con, and air dry.

Its currently storming here and thats all the excuse I needed to lay back down and watch TV:rolleyes:

today, i did a pre poo with Alma oil, shampooed and now deep conditioning with Silicon Mix. Once done will airdry in a pony tail. i am back to this for a little while.

lazy day for me..

Sitting under the dryer right now after protein-ing w/Joico K-pak and DC-ing w/PM Supercharged. I used the entire Joico K-pak line today (w/the exception of the PM) and am eager to see the results when my rollerset dries :grin:.

If Sally's is open today I'm going to buy the Aphogee intensive protein treatment and put that in my hair today. Otherwise, I'll do my usual wash routine by pre-pooing with a light protein then shampooing and conditioning followed by blow-drying my hair.

I shampooed and conditioned my hair yesterday (thank goodness). So, there's nothing major to do to my hair today. :)

I ain't doin jack with it other than spritzing it with some Dove Mist and putting some end all on the ends...I'ze tired.:ohwell:

It's been over a year since I've gone two weeks without pre-pooing, washing and conditioning; going to see if I can make it until Saturday...then I'll break down...

I skipped DC yesterday so I'll probably do that tonight, but I will be doing DD hair this late afernoon, she was shampooed and DC yesterday, I let her hair dry in large twist overnight so I just need to style it.

This reminds me I need to get some henna, I miss the thick feel I received from it, I just could never get the color to release. :ohwell:

Nothin'. No manipulation at all until tuesday when I rebraid my jacked up french braid.

Last edited:
Today is wash day for me. I'm thinking about trying the aphogee protein treatment, if I decide not to then it's back to my regular yogurt or mayo.

Saturday was supposed to be wash day, but I was being lazy.:perplexed So today makes up for wash day. I'll be deep conditioning with Cathy Howse conditioner and Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating balm for the first time. Wish me luck!:grin:

I did my hair yesterday...so nothing for today. I did a hot oil treatment with castor oil, shampooed, deep conditioned and roller set.

I started my 2 strand twists with out extensions yesterday and I'll finish them today.

Styling my daughters hair for the week also.

I'm doing a much needed Henna treatment today!!!! Last night around 2AM I mixed my henna and warm water up and sat it on the stove. Before I appy it, I'm going to add some olive oil, peppermint oil and ORS conditioner. I'm going to leave it on for about two hours. I will rinse it out and deep condition overnight. Tomorrow will be my once every two months, direct heat day!!!!:yep:
Also tomorrow is my Wedding Anniversary!!!!:dinner:
I have to get doll up for the husband!!!!:bdance::poledancer:
(I wish I could.... do a pole dance!!!!):lachen:

Nothin'. No manipulation at all until tuesday when I rebraid my jacked up french braid.

Ok, I got bored and I had two choices... get another plate of ribs or do my hair. So I took down my french braid and did an alma tea rinse, coated with with dabur and I'm sitting under the dryer. In about an hour I'll rinse and redo the braid (no combing or detangling).

Back