Komaza Protein Strengthener users . . . hard to wash out anyone?

trynagrow

I have been using it in my daughter's 4b hair and it seems so hard to wash out! Could it be that I'm using too much? My water? What?

I'm 4b and I haven't had any issue washing it out. I think I use quite a bit.

I apply it and then sit under the dryer without a plastic cap for about 30 minutes.

Are you shampooing before? Are you letting it dry on the hair?

I used this product on Saturday and had a similar experience. I had to rinse like crazy to remove it from the last five inches of my hair (because it resembled thick, creamy build-up). Since that was the first time it had happened, I didn't know what to make of it.

I lightly poo it out and then f/u with a moisturizing conditioner. I used it yesterday and my hair felt so good afterwards. I feel like I hv to poo it out bc of the film it kinda leaves on the hair. Yesterday I used a poo bar and even after using that my hair was silky and easy to detangle. The first time I used the komaza I don't think I poo'd it out and my hair had a bit of a protein coating. I prefer to use a little shampoo after using it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Interesting. I've never had issues rinsing it out, and I use it fairly often, following up with a moisturizing conditioner.

When applying it, it feels like my hair soaks it up. Almost like I'm not putting anything on it. But once I rinse it out, my hair 4b natural hair feels great!

I use quite a bit and my hair doesn't have any problems with washing it out, I think you have to really give it a good rinse out and follow that with a moisturizing conditioner. A good protein conditioner is supposed to be thick to ensure that all the strands get coated.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I use Komaza Protein Strengthener every couple of months and never had an issue rinsing it out. I don't always follow with a deep conditioner since my hair feels so great afterward. I usually leave it in overnight but this weekend I sat under the dryer instead and I did follow it with a deep conditioner.

Do you have hard water?

Never had this problem. It washes out easily for me and I follow with a moisturuzing conditioner.

I've never experienced this and I've used it a few times and followed up with a moisturizing DC. The only thing I will say I've noticed is there is a coated feeling I get once I've rinsed it out but after I follow up with a DC my hair feels good.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I shampoo before and DC after. A lot of washing. So for this to be hard to wash out, is a pain.

I have the opposite problem of it being hard to wash off the first couple of inches, near her scalp. I can see it still on there. It wasn't as bad this time as the last time (we had three separate wash sessions that time!) This time I just applied the DC over what I couldn't wash out and hoped it would rinse out there because I don't want to have the poor child under the water all day.

I dk what kind of water I have since I'm overseas.

I shampoo before and DC after. A lot of washing. So for this to be hard to wash out, is a pain.

I have the opposite problem of it being hard to wash off the first couple of inches, near her scalp. I can see it still on there. It wasn't as bad this time as the last time (we had three separate wash sessions that time!) This time I just applied the DC over what I couldn't wash out and hoped it would rinse out there because I don't want to have the poor child under the water all day.

I dk what kind of water I have since I'm overseas.

Could be the water or maybe her strands prefer more moisture than protein.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Back