Komaza Care Protein Strengthener Users: How often?

i've been eyeing this stuff since it was recommended when i got my analysis i wanna finish off my kpak reconstructor first though before i buy another protein. was told it was light enough to be used once a week

I used it this past weekend without heat and it made my hair feel strong and soft and detangled easily. I wish I could remember to actually use this stuff more frequently

How many of you actually follow this up with a conditioner? I hate doing multiple steps lol When I used to use aphogee 2 minute I never needed to follow up with anything and my hair was fine. Thoughts?

How many of you actually follow this up with a conditioner? I hate doing multiple steps lol When I used to use aphogee 2 minute I never needed to follow up with anything and my hair was fine. Thoughts?

I usually don't follow up but I don't have any issues with heavy proteins. I think this is more in line with aphogee 2 step than 2 minute for most people

This stuff is soo good!! My hair is fine and has always been consistently tangly; even when I used to go to a stylist for my bone straight TUs. That was preHHJ.

Now I DIY my texturizers so its even more tangly. Its like caring for natural hair! This protein strengthener instantly softened my hair upon contact and released the clumps and shed hairs as I was applying. When I rinsed I could feel the tangles melting but I didn't lose a ton of hair in the process.

I used a DC after rinsing for good measure. I wanted to make sure the breakage stopped. I will report back on my breakage status in the next two weeks.

I am glad everybody is loving this product. I need to order 2 bottles in the upcoming weeks along with the coconut & califia sprays because they are also my staples. Want to try a sample of the coconut gel as well.

I forgot to come back and say I absolutely love this product. I was surprised at how much slip this stuff had in my hair. My hair immediately became more manageable while I was applying it unlike the aphogee 2 minute. I followed the directions and didn't use a plastic cap with it, just left it on for 30 minutes, I used a handheld blow dryer for like a minute, but didn't bother with that too much. After I rinsed it out my hair definitely felt stronger. This is definitely a new staple for me! :love3:

@divachyk & @veesweets Thank you. I followed up with a quick conditioner rinse just to be on the safe side. It worked out perfectly.

I don't follow up with a conditioner because Jenn (the woman who did my analysis) said that it is ok with their protein conditioner not to (although the bottle states to). She said by skipping this step I should experience more definition, less frizz, and longer lasting wash n' go. She suggested to use very little leave in or skip altogether. She said this is only a recommendation for their protein conditioner and to follow directions as instructed for other brands.

I bought two bottles of this and I haven't tried it yet. I still have a little Curl Junkie Repair Me that I need to use up.

I've been using it weekly for about 2 months now just started using it without a follow up moisturizing condish for about 3 washes now with no problems

I've never done a protein treatment, but bought the Komaza protein strengthener after my analysis. I usually wash in twists and my hair is currently in mini twists using my own hair. Do you think it possible to do the treatment with the mini twists in?

I've never done a protein treatment, but bought the Komaza protein strengthener after my analysis. I usually wash in twists and my hair is currently in mini twists using my own hair. Do you think it possible to do the treatment with the mini twists in?

Yes, absolutely @snoop. I wash in braids and apply it over my braids. I massage it in as best as I can and rinse after the treatment is done. That has been my process for many months. Recently, in a convo I was having with Komaza, they told me to remove the braids and apply it to my hair while loose to ensure all strands are being covered. And, rinse it out while the hair is loose to ensure all traces of the protein are removed. I kind of gave them the side eye but followed their recommendation since they've given me on point advice each and every time to date. I must say, some nagging breakage I was still having, even after using my protein treatment, pretty much resolved itself.

So, if you apply in twists and find you still have some slight nagging issues, undue the twists and apply.

@divachyk Thanks! They recommended that I start with doing the treatment every 2 weeks for about 3 months then switch to monthly. I figure that at least every 4 weeks up refresh the twists so I'll be washing loose. Every other week I'll wash in twists .

I'm hoping that this is a game changer.

Back