Komaza Care Protein Strengthener Users: How often?

JustGROWwithIt - yes, I believe it's only available online. Incidentally, I bought the old formula during last year's BF sale & never used it.

It's on my hair to do list but I've been procrastinating so I can't offer any helpful info to this thread!!

JustGROWwithIt

I believe this is only online. I have not seen it in the stores that sell Komaza products. You may be able to get it from their main store in Cali (if you live there).

Bump--I had my Komaza analysis yesterday and she suggested the Protein Strengthener. I plan to buy it soon, but I already have so much. I wonder if there is anything that compares. I'm guessing there's no dupe, but does anyone know of anything similar that can be bought on the ground, because, chances are, I already have it.

^perhaps the Joico K-Pak reconstructor or Redken Extreme Builder in the blue jar. Dayjoy

Did you discuss your analysis in the Okazaki thread. Would love to hear about it

Dayjoy Nexxus Emergencee is the closest match (but non-natural ingredients); Aubrey GPB is great for weekly protein reconstructor DC's.

Finally got to use the protein strengthener today and Yes it Works!!!
Applied on clean dry hair, covered with plastic cap, ran some few errands like for an hr. Sat under the dryer for some like 15mins ( didn't cover hair while under the dryer).
Hair felt really strong but not hard after rinse. But still needed some moisturizing dc after treatment.
Definitely a Repurchase!! only wished it came in a bigger size

I'm glad I saw this thread because it serves as a reminder to use the product. I purchased the old formula as Black Fri Spcl but never used it. Hopefully, I'll add it to my rotation before the end of summer. Henna & protein txs require alot of time rinsing, conditioning, & detangling so I tend to -.

Hello I'm thinking of trying it during this year's Black Friday sale. Do you remember what the special was?

Thanks in advance!

Feel free to use my referral code and I know she'll be having a black friday sale as well:

Customer Referral Code
T4ZJUSF2

I plan on getting more protein strengthener and maybe some more califa spray. I have a whole bottle of aloe my hair spray that I haven't cracked open yet in the fridge!

Looks like I'm taking the plunge and adding this to my hair regimen for 2014! Hopefully this treatment will be strong enough to curb my breakage

I just used my protein strengthener again prior to getting Havana twists installed. I plan to use it more often. I've only used it 3 times now, but I do like it.

I used the protein conditioner on friday in preparing for my sew in. I usually don't use heavy proteins in my hair but I wanted to try the product. I initially wasn't too happy how my hair felt after rinsing but after I deep conditioned, my hair was so strong and moisturized...my hair just looked better. This product is definitely a keeper.

OMG! I left this in overnight to help combat the breakage I'm getting from transitioning and baybay it worked awesome!

I washed it out the next day and followed up with a moisturizing condish. My 8.5 months post new growth curls were popping and the breakage stopped. My hair is retaining moisture a whole lot better now as well.

Thanks Froreal3 because your review convinced me.

The only con is that I don't get many uses out of it. Oh well. Transitioning WL problems.

I love this product!
It's my heavy protein so I only use it when lots of breakage appears. I mix in 1/4 tsp of KV Henna Oil (old formulation) and slather it all on for 20 minutes (no heat, no cap). I don't experience hard hair afterwards and it rinses out just fine. Breakage reduces dramatically for me when I use it.

So I used this again on wash day a couple days ago. My hair felt really good. I didn't use it under the dryer. Hair felt nice and strong when I rinsed. I like it better than SSI Okra. Makes my hair feel stronger than the SSI. It felt really nice and smooth too upon rinsing. I need to use this more often. I'm going to try monthly.

Last edited:
So I used this again on wash day a couple days ago. My hair felt really good. I didn't use it under the dryer. Hair felt nice and strong when I rinsed. I like it better than SSI Okra. Makes my hair feel stronger than the SSI. It felt really nice and smooth too upon rinsing. I need to use this more often. I'm going to try monthly.

Sad, we have the same products, once again. I like the SSI Okra better than the komaza, but I think that's because I'm to lazy to use the komaza. I definitely need to try it my next wash day to do a better comparison. The SSI can be used for lesser time while the komaza I have to jump out the shower for. Boo!

Sad, we have the same products, once again. I like the SSI Okra better than the komaza, but I think that's because I'm to lazy to use the komaza. I definitely need to try it my next wash day to do a better comparison. The SSI can be used for lesser time while the komaza I have to jump out the shower for. Boo!

Saludable84

I'm like you. I like SSI okra better. Komaza sent my hair into instant protein overload shock. I sold mines immediately after one use.

I color my hair so I use this 4 days after coloring. I sit under the dryer for 45 minutes then DC. I really like this product. It leaves my hair feeling soft and strong. It is now a staple.

I use this product 1-2 times a month. I have soft, strong, defined curls with minimal frizz. If you need a referral code: T4ZJUSF2

Last edited:
[USER=343861 said:
cwmarie[/USER];20398881]faithVA do you use this before coloring? And how often? :)

I use this 4 days after coloring to fill in the cuticle. I let the color rest for 3 days then fill in the cuticle on the 4th day. I don't use it again until I color because I like it and try to save it :lol: I may use some other type of protein in between because I have some other reconstructors. But if it was the only one I had I would use it once a month. I really like it.

I use this 4 days after coloring to fill in the cuticle. I let the color rest for 3 days then fill in the cuticle on the 4th day. I don't use it again until I color because I like it and try to save it :lol: I may use some other type of protein in between because I have some other reconstructors. But if it was the only one I had I would use it once a month. I really like it.

faithVA Ahhh. Didn't think about that cuticle piece. I'm getting color on Wednesday. Was thinking of using the strengthener before but now I'm rethinking it and will use it after. I have the Aphoghee 2 Min. I'll use that and DC this weekend instead.

Thanks!

I try to use this about once a month. My protein-sensitive hair absolutely loves it. I love how silky and strong my hair feels when I rinse it out. SSI Okra is also in my regular protein DC rotation, but the Komaza is in a class by itself.

Used this for the first time yesterday upon the recommendation from my hair analysis and have to say this stuff is AMAZING!!! My curls are popping, especially more curl/definition in the section of my hair where my texture is looser. I'm looking forward to seeing how this affects my hair with continued use over time. It did not make my hair hard at all and wish I could get this effect with a weekly conditioner. I plan to use this ever 2 weeks to once a month.

I'm now noticing a lot of you have been using this with heat. The directions on my bottle does not mention heat, but says leave in 20 to 30 minutes, no cap. I just checked the instructions online and it does say use under a dryer to intensify the treatmen, no cap, but doesn't state how long lol.

I did notice the effect of the treatment even without heat and got a few compliments that my wash n go looked extra nice today. Next time I will sit under the dryer.

Back