Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I don't see why you need to go to the salon at all if you can apply your own BKT and are capable of self trimming... IMHO.

I wont say I'm capable... I've never self-trim before thats why I was going to the salon, but only way to get a good trim at the salon is to straighten my hair...

But This year I'm trying to take control of my hair and not rely on stylist...

My encanto is here... I shouldve payed more attention to the ingredients, its liquidy :perplexed ... makes sense because the first ingredient to the treatment is water.

It could be a good thing because i imagine the application may be easier but i dunno... I'm not excited about doing a treatment with this so far.

My encanto is here... I shouldve payed more attention to the ingredients, its liquidy :perplexed ... makes sense because the first ingredient to the treatment is water.

It could be a good thing because i imagine the application may be easier but i dunno... I'm not excited about doing a treatment with this so far.

Please update us on your results. I would love to hear how it turns out, either way.

I want to BKT this week since my Escanto BKt has arrived ... Here is the dilemma

I was going to get my natural cnapp hair straighten at a salon so they can do a good trim... and then the next week apply the BKT but I really dont want to go to a salon, my last salon visit was horrible and my hair only stayed straight for 4 hr....

So I'm thinking of BKT on tomorrow /Thursday self trimming and going to the salon maybe in 2 weeks... What do you ladies think..

You can straighten your hair with BKT and just have your stylist trim your hair before your first wash.

Got my QOD Gold in the mail! I will be applying it this saturday. I will let you all know how this goes. I'm pretty hopeful with this one. I joined Pinkskates' site and I remember her saying that she had a friend in the hair industry and he said that QOD was the best brand to go with, specifically Gold. That's why she went with QOD but I believe she used QOD Max.

Update: I've had no issues following my roots-only application. I really think the results are fine. and I will likely alternate whole-length applications with roots-only applications from now on. I braided my hair this weekend as part of my own protective styling challenge that I will be doing until june. I will do my BKTs in between braid installs. I've decided to go with Global 4% as my big bottle purchase.

Update: I've had no issues following my roots-only application. I really think the results are fine. and I will likely alternate whole-length applications with roots-only applications from now on. I braided my hair this weekend as part of my own protective styling challenge that I will be doing until june. I will do my BKTs in between braid installs. I've decided to go with Global 4% as my big bottle purchase.

Glad it worked out for you! I'm doing the exact opposite and it worked out well for me, too. I only use BKT on the line of demarcation and the relaxed ends. I'd prefer to leave my new growth (9 months worth) alone and keep my relaxed ends in tip-top shape for another year or more until I chop them off.

Glad it worked out for you! I'm doing the exact opposite and it worked out well for me, too. I only use BKT on the line of demarcation and the relaxed ends. I'd prefer to leave my new growth (9 months worth) alone and keep my relaxed ends in tip-top shape for another year or more until I chop them off.

I love the versatility that BKT affords. I'm glad it worked out for both of you with your specific needs. Great experiments!

Have you tried Global before?

Got my QOD Gold in the mail! I will be applying it this saturday. I will let you all know how this goes. I'm pretty hopeful with this one. I joined Pinkskates' site and I remember her saying that she had a friend in the hair industry and he said that QOD was the best brand to go with, specifically Gold. That's why she went with QOD but I believe she used QOD Max.
I think Pink Skates went with Gold. I bought an ounce of the Gold around the time she did her BKT or right aftwards. I haven't used it yet.

I would want a liquid treatment. The OK (Original Keratin Treatment) consistency is not liquid at all, it's rather thick. I'm looking at Global or even QOD because I know they are liquid and that's what I want.

Give it a try, I'm sure it will come out great!

I would want a liquid treatment. The OK (Original Keratin Treatment) consistency is not liquid at all, it's rather thick. I'm looking at Global or even QOD because I know they are liquid and that's what I want.

Give it a try, I'm sure it will come out great!

I'm not going to use it :nono: I purchased QOD gold and now i dont want to use the Encanto. Is QOD a lotion like consistency? If so, I prefer that... encanto is watery like Duo Tex.

I plan on selling the Encanto on the exchange board if anyone is interested. but in the meantime.... PM me if interested.

$28 for the treatment alone, shipping included.

$45 for the set, shipping included.

Ok so I was 5 seconds away from relaxing. I've been co washing and air drying in a ponytail a lot since doing bkt. Well I touch them roots and I had a good 1 to1 1/2 of ng. I thought the Bkt had worn off all ready. Instead I did my dc and airdry and then flat iron and my hair was still straight and pretty.

I'm doing a root and ends application this weekend. . Roots for the ng and ends to keep them protected. The middle hair does fine. What do ya'll think about that? Oh and I bought a brand new Flat iron. Jilbere Titanium. Goes up to 450. It's so sexy to me, but don't tell my husband I bought it, lol. My GVP is crap. Have way through my flat ironing the iron just went ice cold. I hate it.

Oh so she did use gold. Are you ever going to use yours or are you done experimenting?
I don't know what I'm going to do..I got frustrated and put on my wig. LOL I might just hide like this until spring.

I am more inclined to use QOD Gold, Global or Okay Keratin (old formula) because I think they are simular and my hair did well with the Global and the Okay Keratin.

For now, I am giving my hair a rest. :sick:

Have you tried Global before?
No, but I liked what AtlantaJJ had to say about how protected her hair felt using Global, so I'm gonna go with that. And Brittany on Youtube (and here, LOL) uses Global and her growth has been wonderful. I'll be taking these braids down in March, so when I do my first Global treatment, I will be sure to post my thoughts on it.:yep:

My DH sample came in the mail, but now I'm afraid to try it after reading it might not be as good (especially worried it doesn't protect from the heat as well as some of the others). I can't afford a setback....but I can afford more BKT!
Now I'm going to order QOD or global.....and get rid of the DH sample.

has anyone experienced breakage from bkt?if so how can you stop it?

Yes i have. I've BKT'd 3 times so far and my 2nd try wasn't good at all. I used softliss, was careful during application and still had breakage for weeks afterwards. I decided to strip the treatment from my hair by using clarifying poos, any product i could get my hands on with sodium, and ACV rinses. Eventually it was gone in about 3-4 weeks. I gave my hair a rest, did 2 small trims and tried DH 2 months later, all has been good since then.

I did it... I applied Encanto Keratin Treatment to my hair last night.... I was really worried because it is a Liquid.. so I really didnt think it would do anything.. Well here are the steps I did...

1. Clarified with the Shampoo & let it sit on my hair for 5 min- My hair felt striped and dry...

2. Blow dried my hair 70%

3. My sister applied the treatment... and the fumes were getting to her..

4. Blow dried my hair... at first I was using a blow dryer with an attachment about the fumes were getting to me.. so I used the tension mention

5. Flat Iron and trim 1 inch off... my hair was stiff.. ( think I used too much)
6. Washed in the morning

Results my coils are looser & I can comb through my hair.. I dont know about the other brands of Keratin but Encanto gave me what I wanted...

Pic are coming when I get home...

that liquidy consistency sounds scary, like it's not very protective.
ALL i want is something that gets these roots as straight as possible. i don't care what percentage, just suggest something to me to help straighten! i almost want to find time to do bkt every month 'cause i'm so frustrated!

Global is pretty liquidy, also, but it protects well. I think it just depends on how you prefer to apply. With Global I have to use a comb, dipping the comb into the solution and then running it through my hair. With Dreamhair, I could use my fingers because it's more of a cream. So far, I prefer the application of the cream.

Ok so I was 5 seconds away from relaxing. I've been co washing and air drying in a ponytail a lot since doing bkt. Well I touch them roots and I had a good 1 to1 1/2 of ng. I thought the Bkt had worn off all ready. Instead I did my dc and airdry and then flat iron and my hair was still straight and pretty.

I'm doing a root and ends application this weekend. . Roots for the ng and ends to keep them protected. The middle hair does fine. What do ya'll think about that? Oh and I bought a brand new Flat iron. Jilbere Titanium. Goes up to 450. It's so sexy to me, but don't tell my husband I bought it, lol. My GVP is crap. Have way through my flat ironing the iron just went ice cold. I hate it.

Leona, I think this is probably the best way to do it. That's the way I've done my last couple of applications because as far as straightness goes, my roots are the biggest challenge, but I want to make sure my relaxed ends are protected, too. So I concentrate the application and flat-ironing on the roots and put a little on the ends. When I comb through, the middle gets enough protection (I think), then I flat iron. So far, so good; the split ends I see when I S&D are on the relaxed areas, and I snip as needed, but overall my hair seems to be doing very well. HTH!

Last edited:
I did it... I applied Encanto Keratin Treatment to my hair last night.... I was really worried because it is a Liquid.. so I really didnt think it would do anything.. Well here are the steps I did...

1. Clarified with the Shampoo & let it sit on my hair for 5 min- My hair felt striped and dry...

2. Blow dried my hair 70%

3. My sister applied the treatment... and the fumes were getting to her..

4. Blow dried my hair... at first I was using a blow dryer with an attachment about the fumes were getting to me.. so I used the tension mention

5. Flat Iron and trim 1 inch off... my hair was stiff.. ( think I used too much)
6. Washed in the morning

Results my coils are looser & I can comb through my hair.. I dont know about the other brands of Keratin but Encanto gave me what I wanted... ..

Did it make your hair stronger?

Hi BKT'ers :wave:

I have not been in here for a while. But I wanted to say that I am about to try a new BKT(for me, that is), but I am sure you have heard of it: Marcia Teixeira. I won DSD contest that she posted here on the forum and on YT, along with that, and also some flat iron tape.:woot: I was so excited. I have not BKT since my last around October 1st-ish. I believe this is what she uses on her clients. I will come in and post pics. I won't be able to do my hair until next weekend, but I will be sure to let you girls know how it turns out. :yep:

Back