Keratin Treatment Support Thread

I have the regular Rejuvenol and loved it but I have had so much going on its been like 6 months since ive used it. I would be very interested in the 24 hour results since that means i wouldnt have to try and keep my hair straight as long.

I ended up buying the QOD Max. It's in now (the smell is gross... I feel like I smell like burnt death :look:). I texturized my hair first since its pretty short but depending on how this turns out I may not tex it again. I'm hoping my hair doesn't come too straight, more like frizz free curls (my curls looked really awesome after the tex) Does this really need to stay in for 4 days?

its been 4 days and i really like the nunaat so far. my hair is so light and swangy but doesnt look heavy or greasy.my hair is not as shiny as i thought though. plus my roots barley reverted even after ive sweated alot and wet my edges. im not sure thats a good thing:look:

So I washed my hair and it is horrible. If I ever decide to do this again, it will be when my hair is much longer. I don't even have before pics of my hair... but now I have lots of straight sections mixed with frizzy curly spots and straight roots here, curly roots there.... just complete madness. :hair:

This is definitely my fault though with the texturizer thing beforehand.

Thing is, it looked awesome with just the tex (exact results I was looking for) and since I liked it, I probably should have just left it alone... I figured this might add some strength to it but my hair kinda feels thin and papery...

Now I don't know if the curls will come back as evenly as they were.

So, I had my first BKT done last week. :grin: I was in a sew-in for 3 months prior to getting it done. I decided to have it done professionally for my first time. It was the 3 day application. I can honestly say that I am pleased with the results. I love the lightness, shine and swagga that my hair now has.

Thank all of you ladies on this thread for the valuable info provided.

Pics included: hair prepped, hair right after BKT was applied, 3 days later when BKT was washed out/styled, result of being tired of wearing it down and pic of product.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03460.jpg
    DSC03460.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03480.jpg
    DSC03480.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC03497.jpg
    DSC03497.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 58
  • tn-4.jpg
    tn-4.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
i washed out the nunaat and my hair is slightly looser. and it streches out a litte bit more and dries faster. its like a very weak bkt. i need something stronger otherwise i will keep having to use heat to get the amount of curl that i want. i decided to try it again this time saturating my hair with product instead of lightly misting it on wet hair like last time. i also used a little of my ok keratin treatment. hopefully this will make a difference.

update: i really like the nunaat because it actually strengthens my hair. i blowdryed and flat ironed and had minimal breakage and when i went to inspect my ends they werent spilt:blush: i will keep this in my regimen:yep:

im still looking for something that will loosen up the curl a bit. at least around the edges.

Last edited:
I think I probably did a few things wrong, but I wish I had tested bkt out with a weaker formula for the first time. I like that my edges are really sleek but I wish the rest of my curls were back, albeit smoother and stretched... Now, I really can't wear my hair out unless I straighten all of it... I might go to a professional next time (if its still allowed by the fda by then lol).

I just did a wonderful discovery!!!

As some of you know I managed to get a zerran reform kit. However I do not feel comfortable to use it at this time. So I'm still using my M.T chocolate for now.

I managed get my hands on the M.T training DVD. Apparently you must leave the chocolate treatment on and not was the hair for 4 days. Which I did. After 4 days,I decided to a pre-poo. I had some samples of Ojon Intensive mask for dry and damaged hair( dark brown pot). I saturated my hair with it. I shocked by the smell!!! It smells like Cigars/ tabacco! So I decided to put some coconut oil in hope of lowering the smell. I kept the pre poo for 2 hours in my hair and rinsed my hair with my conditioner and did a deep condish as well with aussi moist. I blow dried my hair flat ironed my hair. I was shocked I would have NEVER predicted my hair my hair would be so much more straighter than it was during the 4 day wait period. It's crazy soft!! MOISTURIZED and the MOVEMENT IS INSANE!!! I'm kicking myself for not buying some whale sperm oil to add some crazy shine!!! I'm loving my hair. I'm thinking of doing the zerran treatment on top to make it permanent. that way I don't have to think about sweating, salts,etc. It feels almost like Type 2 to relaxed type 3A hair. I have type 4 B hair.

I just did a wonderful discovery!!!

As some of you know I managed to get a zerran reform kit. However I do not feel comfortable to use it at this time. So I'm still using my M.T chocolate for now.

I managed get my hands on the M.T training DVD. Apparently you must leave the chocolate treatment on and not was the hair for 4 days. Which I did. After 4 days,I decided to a pre-poo. I had some samples of Ojon Intensive mask for dry and damaged hair( dark brown pot). I saturated my hair with it. I shocked by the smell!!! It smells like Cigars/ tabacco! So I decided to put some coconut oil in hope of lowering the smell. I kept the pre poo for 2 hours in my hair and rinsed my hair with my conditioner and did a deep condish as well with aussi moist. I blow dried my hair flat ironed my hair. I was shocked I would have NEVER predicted my hair my hair would be so much more straighter than it was during the 4 day wait period. It's crazy soft!! MOISTURIZED and the MOVEMENT IS INSANE!!! I'm kicking myself for not buying some whale sperm oil to add some crazy shine!!! I'm loving my hair. I'm thinking of doing the zerran treatment on top to make it permanent. that way I don't have to think about sweating, salts,etc. It feels almost like Type 2 to relaxed type 3A hair. I have type 4 B hair.
You're a genius for suggesting this! I did your pre-poo treatment on my dry hair before rinsing out my MT Chocolate BKT last week. I used my sample of the Ojon treatment, topped with the caramel treatment, and sat under my heat cap for 30 minutes. Then I rinsed it all out thoroughly, and co-washed with Suave coconut. My hair looked and felt fab. :yep:

I'll be doing this from now on. Thanks again!

I did my first BKT of 2011 last week. I used Marcia Teixeira Chocolate for the first time (I usually use MT Advanced). It came out pretty nice, but the 4-day wait time was a killer. :nono: The fumes were almost non-existent with the Chocolate as compared to the Advanced. This will probably be the last time I'll use a regular formaldehyde treatment.

I learned that Marcia Teixeira has a new line of BKTs called the Soft Treatment, and the Soft Chocolate Treatment. They do not release any formaldehyde-producing ingredients whatsoever. Marcia Teixeira has always been the most honest company with regards to the formaldehyde issue (they provide MSDS for all their products), and I trust them. I will try the Soft Chocolate next time.

Here's an information sheet about the new formaldehyde-free treatments. These are the main differences in the Soft BKTs compared to the regular ones:
-They're spray-on formulas
-You flat iron at 350-400 degrees instead of 450
-Only 1-3 passes with the flat iron
-No waiting; you rinse immediately after the flat iron
-Shampoo out instead of rinse out
-Do your color treatments after the BKT instead of before

I did my first BKT of 2011 last week. I used Marcia Teixeira Chocolate for the first time (I usually use MT Advanced). It came out pretty nice, but the 4-day wait time was a killer. :nono: The fumes were almost non-existent with the Chocolate as compared to the Advanced. This will probably be the last time I'll use a regular formaldehyde treatment.

I learned that Marcia Teixeira has a new line of BKTs called the Soft Treatment, and the Soft Chocolate Treatment. They do not release any formaldehyde-producing ingredients whatsoever. Marcia Teixeira has always been the most honest company with regards to the formaldehyde issue (they provide MSDS for all their products), and I trust them. I will try the Soft Chocolate next time.

Here's an information sheet about the new formaldehyde-free treatments. These are the main differences in the Soft BKTs compared to the regular ones:
-They're spray-on formulas
-You flat iron at 350-400 degrees instead of 450
-Only 1-3 passes with the flat iron
-No waiting; you rinse immediately after the flat iron
-Shampoo out instead of rinse out
-Do your color treatments after the BKT instead of before

Do you have a pic after you did the BKT? what products do you use after doing the treatment for example, do you use only the products of that line? or do you just stay away from sulfates?

^^No, I don't have any pictures. I've never used the Marcia Teixeira after-care products...I use my regular products without sulfates or salt. The only difference is that my BKT'd hair seems to like silicones.

Hi Ladies,

MStar, were able to purchase the MT treatment on your own, or did someone with a cosmetology license have to get it for you? I want to try it, but can't figure where/how to get it.

Thanks

Last week's BKT was one of my best treatments ever. :yep: My hair is SO soft and shiny...I can't stop touching the softness. It also feels very protected, and the tangles just melted away.

Prior to doing this BKT, I was not very happy with my hair. I hadn't BKT'd or hennaed since last year, and my hair had completely reverted to hardcore Type 4B. :look: It was hard, dry, and very nappy...it took lots of work to get a comb through it, and I lost a LOT of hair while detangling and applying the BKT. :nono: That experience made me certain that I will be a BKT stan for life...the 4A hair that it gives me is a thousand times easier to deal with than my natural 4B.

Hi Ladies,

MStar, were able to purchase the MT treatment on your own, or did someone with a cosmetology license have to get it for you? I want to try it, but can't figure where/how to get it.

Thanks
You can buy it at Sleekhair.com, and sometimes at Amazon or Ebay. Sleekhair has a product page for the new Soft Treatments, but they're not in stock yet.

Has anyone tried the Coppola keratin treatment? If so, does it really last 3 months? I bought an 8oz bottle off ebay and it's sitting in my head right now for the 30 mins. The smell is horrible. Like a toxic coconut and has my throat all dried out even though I had the windows open and a fan on! I hate dealing with my hair too Mstar! I think mine is a mix of 3abc and now that it has lengthened out I HATE brushing it HATE HATE. I hope this gets rid of frizz I swear if I don't get just the right combination of products or don't have time to put anything in it, after 2 hours my hair will be nothing but a frizzy nasty haystack! I just wanna be able to wash it and GO, no products, no frizz!

You're a genius for suggesting this! I did your pre-poo treatment on my dry hair before rinsing out my MT Chocolate BKT last week. I used my sample of the Ojon treatment, topped with the caramel treatment, and sat under my heat cap for 30 minutes. Then I rinsed it all out thoroughly, and co-washed with Suave coconut. My hair looked and felt fab. :yep:

I'll be doing this from now on. Thanks again!

you are welcome!!! :grin: By the way, we are supposed to rinse the chocolate treatment after 4 days... which and it turned out Incredible. During the 4 days it seemed like my keratin treatment was a miss...it felt a bit frizzy/ dry not as smooth, but after the rinse??? my hair was silky straight.... Like... :sekret::sekret: Clear people hair or asian hair.... No joke!!!( Just to be clear my hair still curls a bit when whet, but when I do a slight blow dry and flat iron at low heat...lawd have mercy!!! Impeccable). My hair was never like that!!!I think I'm on the urge of find the right combination of product to get results that would put Oprah's hair into shame.

This also cuts dramatically the time I need to do my hair.

It just took me 2 hours to rollerset myhair. Lawd help me! I am getting the new ion bkt asap. This no heat thing is EATING UP MY TIME. the nunaat was way too weak. The ion says it will release 50% of my curl so i would really like to see that. I would just get a relaxer but i want to go to a salon this time around and i dont have 40 + tip to get my hair done but if i scrimp on my lunch money and collect some owed money i can afford the bkt.

Curiosity got the better of me and I tried the Zerran Reallisse smoothing treatment last night. Instructions are the same as most other products of this nature: clarify the hair, blow-dry, apply treatment, blow-dry again and flat iron on high heat with multiple passes. The weird thing about Reallisse is the product is not very viscous at all; it seemed just like water. The directions say to apply with a tint brush which I thought was pretty crazy so I poured some in a spray bottle and went to work paying careful attention to the ends of the hair. The solution has no fragrance or odor. I couldn't tell there was anything on my hair until the blow-dry step when it began to feel coated.

I flat ironed on 390-400° and did three passes on each section. There were no fumes or unpleasant odors. My hair turned out shiny but felt a bit dry. I left the product in for about 12 hours instead of 24 because I wanted to roller set my hair for work tomorrow. The instructions say to rinse the hair and apply the Zerran Smoothing Moisture Mask, rinse again and then apply the Leave-In or Rinse Conditioning Serum. Upon rinsing out the mask I did notice that my hair felt silkier and had more slip than usual. There was a slight reduction in frizz and volume but my curl pattern didn't change. I found that it was easier to get my roots straight while setting my hair on rollers. The one thing that I loved about QOD Gold was that it completely eliminated breakage so I'm curious to see if I'll have such luck with Reallisse.

Ingredients for the Reallisse Catalyst: achillea millefolium extract, althea officinalis root extract, ammonium lauryl sulfate, cetyl alcohol, chamomilla recutita flower extract, citric acid, citrus aurantium dulcis fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, dimethyl sulfone, disodium edta, foeniculum vulgare fruit extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, glycyrrhiza glabra root extract, hydrolyzed corn protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lauramide dea, lavandula angustifolia oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylisothiazolinone, oat amino acids, panthenol, peg-6, sodium chloride, sodium coco-sulfate, sorbic acid, sorbitan oleate, urea, water

Curiosity got the better of me and I tried the Zerran Reallisse smoothing treatment last night. Instructions are the same as most other products of this nature: clarify the hair, blow-dry, apply treatment, blow-dry again and flat iron on high heat with multiple passes. The weird thing about Reallisse is the product is not very viscous at all; it seemed just like water. The directions say to apply with a tint brush which I thought was pretty crazy so I poured some in a spray bottle and went to work paying careful attention to the ends of the hair. The solution has no fragrance or odor. I couldn't tell there was anything on my hair until the blow-dry step when it began to feel coated.

I flat ironed on 390-400° and did three passes on each section. There were no fumes or unpleasant odors. My hair turned out shiny but felt a bit dry. I left the product in for about 12 hours instead of 24 because I wanted to roller set my hair for work tomorrow. The instructions say to rinse the hair and apply the Zerran Smoothing Moisture Mask, rinse again and then apply the Leave-In or Rinse Conditioning Serum. Upon rinsing out the mask I did notice that my hair felt silkier and had more slip than usual. There was a slight reduction in frizz and volume but my curl pattern didn't change. I found that it was easier to get my roots straight while setting my hair on rollers. The one thing that I loved about QOD Gold was that it completely eliminated breakage so I'm curious to see if I'll have such luck with Reallisse.

Ingredients for the Reallisse Catalyst: achillea millefolium extract, althea officinalis root extract, ammonium lauryl sulfate, cetyl alcohol, chamomilla recutita flower extract, citric acid, citrus aurantium dulcis fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, dimethyl sulfone, disodium edta, foeniculum vulgare fruit extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, glycyrrhiza glabra root extract, hydrolyzed corn protein, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lauramide dea, lavandula angustifolia oil, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylisothiazolinone, oat amino acids, panthenol, peg-6, sodium chloride, sodium coco-sulfate, sorbic acid, sorbitan oleate, urea, water

Interesting! Thanks for the review! So you did it yourself? If you don't mind, let me know the seller. Thanks and HHG!

I got a wonderful tip for those of you that are still struggling getting your roots done completely right like the rest of overall lenght of the hair. I had that issue, even despite doing the " follow/ chase the comb" technique .

I have a great tip for you!!! Get the mini glide. Its small, black and orange. It has small teeth and it gets all the roots impeccably. Do your first pass with it the mini glide. Then use your regular flat iron to continue the other passes from root to the tip.

The only thing I noticed after doing the bkt was about 25% frizz reduction and extreme split ends from having to flat iron it so many times. The curl was not loosened AT ALL. This was garbage for me. Waste of 120 bucks!

The only thing I noticed after doing the bkt was about 25% frizz reduction and extreme split ends from having to flat iron it so many times. The curl was not loosened AT ALL. This was garbage for me. Waste of 120 bucks!

What brand did you use?

cheryl26;1338934411.5 said:

What brand did you use? What was your application method? Where did you buy it? I have tried various BKT's with varying results, but I have never had the negative results that you are reporting. I'm not trying to diminish your experience, just trying to get the 411.

Back