• KeraCare Humecto!

Votes: 164 51.7%
  • Nexxus Humectress!

Votes: 111 35.0%
  • They're equally Good!

Votes: 42 13.2%

• Total voters

MomofThreeBoys

Trying to decide between these two deep conditioners........for those of you who have tried both, which one do you prefer?

Last edited:
Humectress is not really a deep conditioner. The instructions say to leave it on for 3 minutes whereas Humecto [a deep conditioner] says to leave it on for 15 minutes.

I hair loves KeraCare Humecto :)

Nexxus Hummectress :perplexed . It always leave my hair feeling heavy :(

I've never used Keracare Humecto (or anything from the Keracare line), but I've heard very good things about it from Cinna. I've used NH for years and it's never failed me. :)

I've never used Keracare Humecto but I have used Nexxus Humectress and I don't think its really worth the price. Frankly, it didn't leave my hair as shiny and moisturized as deep conditioning with CON nourishing conditioner does, so after my Humectress bottle is finished, I'm going back to good ol CON! Let me know how the Humecto is if you choose it.

Nexxus Humectress isn't actually a deep conditioner, but you can use it as one if you add heat (sit under hooded dryer, use a heated conditioning cap) which is what I do. I don't think Humecto can even really compare with Humectress.. or at least not in my eyes, the Humecto just wasnt moisturizing or detangling enough for me.

I haven't used Humectress. But i have yet to find a conditioner that TOPS humecto to me. Humecto is one of my staples. Humecto gives me great slip and moisture. For my hair it detangles like a dream.

Keracare Humecto works very well on my 4b hair even with my kinky new growth. Nexxus Humectress is okay but I much more prefer the Keracare.

Goodluck!

I love Humectress, the only other conditioner that came close to being as good as Humectress was Mizani Moisturefuse.

I have never tried Keracare Humecto but I have tried Nexxus Humectress.
I prefer Nairobi Humecto-sil than Nexxus Humectress.

undefinedundefinedundefined If your hair is lacking moisture, then Humecto wins. My ends were raggedy and split-end looking. After I used Humecto only once, I could see a dramatic change in my ends.

I LOVE Humecto especially the Keracare Humecto in the tub. For some reason it seems to be thicker. I love it for deep conditioning and my hair thanks me for it everytime. It always leaves my hair shiney, soft and detangled!

Humecto in the tub. Has more hair cling and works well with their detangling shampoo.

humectress is good but i think humecto is better because not only is it a deep conditioner but it replinishes moisture that u may have lost.

I prefer Humecto when I am wearing my hair straight, but when I wear it loose after washing I like the Humectress.

I have 4b hair and I prefer Humectress. It leaves my hair detangled and moisturised. Humecto is full of cones so it gave detangled my hair but does not add moisture or strength imo.

I like Humecto better, it doesn't leave my hair heavily coated and dry feeling like Humectress. I prefer Humectress as a conditioner wash, shorter timing yields better results in my opinion, its just not great as a deep conditioner IMHO.

I've been using Humectress for years and only tried Humecto yesterday on my natural 4 something hair. Any while it did detangle, my hair didn't feel super soft afterwards- I'm definately a Humectress lover for now but when/if I relax my hair, I may have another opinion.

foxybronx said:
I haven't used Humectress. But i have yet to find a conditioner that TOPS humecto to me. Humecto is one of my staples. Humecto gives me great slip and moisture. For my hair it detangles like a dream.

Co-signing. Humecto (from the tub) has been a dream for me. That is my moisturizing staple conditioner.

Neither one works for me. :( If I had to choose, at least Humecto didn't leave my hair feeling like sandpaper, as Humectress did. But Humecto didn't give me anywhere near the slip I was looking for. For me, neither is worth the price. But they work for plenty of folks!! :)

Thanks for posting.

I called Curve and spoke to one of the sisters and she said they use Kera Care Shampoo and Humecto in the salon. I ordered some yesterday, and am anxious to try it :)

I have tried both and i love humectress.It makes my hair soft and gives me great movement.I wasnt that impressed with humecto...but then again i tried it from the bottle not the tub.

Maybe after i run out of humectress i'll get humecto in a tub. ;)

Back