KADDY, so tell us WHY you are so smitten with PHYTO

Thanks KAddy and Sengs. You're very convincing. I may have to give it a try after my braiding stint.

One other question, when you take the kit to a stylist, do they charge you the same amount ($65) that they would if they were using their product? That would prevent me from trying it, I don't want to pay double!!!

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
Hey I have been working like a slave and didn't see this.

OK, why is it better.

Well aside from what the other ladies posted on the hairboutique, it is truly a great product and the results are superb. I have used tons of different relaxers through my many years of being relaxed and this has surpassed them with my results by far and that is after one application. My hair felt much softer after using it compared to other relaxers (lye and no lye). I did not experience any irritation what-so-eva and I know I scratched my head like the dickens prior to application. I like the fact that the relaxer comes with a recontructor that works wonders on the hair and it is a great product. Now of course this is all my opinion about the product. I had been contemplating trying this product for years but never did and now that I have I wish I would have tried it much sooner. I have been told that I have fine strands too, I really don't know, but I like the fact that my hair (well the roots anyway since I don't the entire strand of hair) is straight but doesn't look thin (If you can understand what I am trying to say).

Also, since I self relax using a 60 relaxer is fine. I mean I was paying more than this when I was going to the salon for relaxers and I like the quality of this relaxer. So, I figure if I can afford to pay for it and get the quality results I like, then I will do it.

I hope this sheds a little light into why I am telling folk to get on the bandwagon. You can hop on and if you don't like it hop of again /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also my experience.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Thanks KAddy and Sengs. You're very convincing. I may have to give it a try after my braiding stint.

One other question, when you take the kit to a stylist, do they charge you the same amount ($65) that they would if they were using their product? That would prevent me from trying it, I don't want to pay double!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
YES, my stylist does! Jaselvis does too!

I know that's an issue. Luckily the stylist I went to used only Phyto products so it was no biggy. I think she charged me $60 total (one reason was that she jacked me up twice) b/c its her regular supplier. It's something you'd have to work out w/the salon/stylist b/c part of their cost should include the product cost. So why would you pay exactly the same /images/graemlins/confused.gif. If they couldn't work w/me on that or order it themselves I wouldn't be bothered w/them.

You must have missed the link though, PhytoRelaxer for $45 . /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anothe Phyto addict checking in - I was always pretty happy with my Mizani at the JC Penney salon, except the too straight and flat hair - I wanted my hair pretty straight but not flat - BUT - I hate hate hate sitting in a salon for hours, waiting them to finish styling it when I was just going home that night and pulling it back into a ponytail the next day, paying $70, changing my schedule to make an appointment - so for two years I kept saying I was going to try it myself at home. Read about Phyto relaxer for those years, saw a couple of sources that said it was low pH, made for home users so it's hard to screw up, and plus I tried some of the other products and liked them first. And when I finally screwed up the courage to do it myself - a touch up, so only half the box - I was thrilled. No burning (tho I have had burning since then when I wasn't so careful about not scratching), hair just straight enough, incredibly shiny somehow, velvety feeling - it really does feel like some kind of deep conditioner - and no breakage/hair falling out, which is what I was terrified of. I remember reading a post on another board when I was doing my research and this guy who did his hair said he left it on his head for an hour - ! - willing to risk it because he was going for a punky look so bald would be okay if that happened - and it didn't! That might have been the last thing I read that made me say go for it.

An hour /images/graemlins/shocked.gif!!! I agree that's all the convincing I would have needed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif And I'm co-signing on the no breaking and minimal shedding. When the stylist does it I don't shed for a few weeks. It's wonderful!

Well, if my hair twin and hair buddy are going to jump on this, then I will too. Does anyone know of a salon in Northern Virginia that uses this relaxer?

Thanks in advance,

MissB

[ QUOTE ]
MissB said:
Well, if my hair twin and hair buddy are going to jump on this, then I will too. Does anyone know of a salon in Northern Virginia that uses this relaxer?

Thanks in advance,

MissB

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif Yayyy, my hair twin is joining the bandwagon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I received my phytorelaxer yesterday. Girl, we will have to chat more on this /images/graemlins/smile.gif ...Would you consider doing the relaxer yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
I really want to try the index 1 because I have fine hair, but I think that you told me that I won't get a straight look. I am afraid of Index 2 because I think that DigitalRain told me that it made her hair almost "too straight" /images/graemlins/crazy.gif and she has thick hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used index 2 and my hair wasn't too straight. I think it depends on the length of time left in. Also, I am not one for really smoothing it long with a comb. I use an applicator brush to apply it and then for my final step I smooth it. It will get your hair straight I think it depends on the process you use when you are applying it.

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Ooooh....I'm waiting for Affirm/AVLON to send a hit man out for KAddy Sopranos style! /images/graemlins/hammer.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Girl you have my dying over here.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
[ QUOTE ]
Cleo said:
Kaddy, Mona, and Sengschick...I'm officially on the bandwagon. I've been contemplating this relaxer since Sherry raved about it months ago. I was soooo tempted, but I waited awhile in order to gather more info. I ordered last week and will use it for my next touch-up at the end of January /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/clap.gif Based on your album and the volume you like in your hair I think you'll be happy. That milk reconstructor is the ish too /images/graemlins/smile.gif .

And Phyto Pusha I hope you are looking out for ya girl over here! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I need an endorsement deal too /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I certainly plan to send them some pics once I drop this weight and get to brastrap /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you know I will put in a word for you. Shoot, if I can get discount prices for everyone that would be good too. Imma see what I can do /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I am glad many of you are contemplating and even hoping on the bandwagon. It truly is a great relaxer and I am sure you will be pleased with it. I too suffer from dry hair, especially after relaxers, and I must concur with all the other PhytoRelaxer users, I did not have this problem.

Melodee, I am not sure about salons charging regular price because I self-relax, but one of my friends went to SaShe's (Georgia Ave) and she said they told her that they charge the same if you bring the relaxer because you are paying for the service. Doesn't make since to me, but that's their policy.

I can't believe someone left it in for an hour (I would never try it) but dang.

And like Sengs said, that milky reconstructor is the bomb. I mean since the tube is so big I decided to use it when I shampoo too. I'm getting my money's worth out of the kit.

I ordered the $45 one the same day someone posted the link and it is sitting in my house waiting to be used (January).

Yeah beautyofasite (BOAS) was fine. I didn't have any problems and the relaxer arrived in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered from hairboutique too. I am not sure if BOAS had free samples like hairboutique as I haven't even opened the box yet.

ETA: They also sent me an email stating that they received my order.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
So do you bring and pay double Denali? What do you use, your hair is pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww, Thanks Mel!
I really didn't pay double. My 5pd tub of Barry Fletcher relaxer was only 20 bucks. It will probably last me an entire year.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Oh, excuse me it's Dana03 now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I just peeped that too.

You don't have to order it online if you can find a salon that carries it. I called 1-877-SPECIFIC to find out local places that carry it. However, I like the convenience of ordering online and didn't feel like going to get the product. I am not sure if ALL Jcpenny salons sell it. I know that some Nordstrom's sell it though and I think Neiman Marcus too.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Oh, excuse me it's Dana03 now!

[/ QUOTE ]

All off the thread...but was Denali a victim of hair
board identity theft...hence...the name change??

Ok, I have to add my two cents. I have used Phyto Index 2 twice. I would say that I have fine hair, but I like my hair about 75-80% straight.

Regarding the immediate relaxation of the hair - I did experience that. As soon as the relaxer was fully applied, I pulled back my hair to smooth and BAM! It looked like it had already been flattened. I'll admit I was a bit freaked out about it, but I have never had a problem with overprocessing and this product either. I will say that after two weeks, my hair did seem to revert just a bit - but I was surging at the time, so I'm not sure which is to blame. I don't think this is a 'pin straight' product.

And I have to cosign with Kaddy on the body. Normally after relaxers my hair is soo flat, just laying there perfectly straight. With Phyto, my hair is straight, but it looks incredibly full and has lots of bounce. I hate to sound like a commercial but the best word is VIBRANT.

And also to agree with sengs - the hair just feels stronger when you're done.

Whenever I purchase it online, I keep buying two boxes out of fear that they will one day discontinue the product. At this rate, I won't have to purchase it in 2005. Dang! PJism!

I swear in 2005...we gonna have to have to mark all Phyto related pics in our albums...

*THE PHYTO REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN...*

* I should've taken the blue pill....WHOA...*

Thanks Kaddy!

I think I'm going to stock up too because I'm almost afraid that they will discontinue this product. I wonder how long this product has been out.

I know that it has been out for a while. I know the company itself has been around since 1969 (know I didn't know that by heart I looked on theri website /images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) I am not sure about how long they have been making the relaxer, but I remember seeing it about 5 yrs ago.

I used this relaxer a couple of years ago and it damaged my hair . Initially, I liked it a lot because my hair wasn't super straight and had body. Over time however the relaxer turned my hair an ugly brown color and dried it out severly. My hair was just a mess and continued to break. Different things work for differnent people. the quanidine in this product was no good for my hair. I used it for a couple of years b4 i finally figured out this relaxer was no good for my hair. I am 4 something hair type, fine textured, dense, wavy. i wouuld never use this relaxer again.

Well Kaddy you've got another one jumping on the bandwagon. I'm gonna go ahead and try it when I get my hair done in February.

Back