Everything you ever wanted to know about PhytoRelaxer and them some.

Did you find this information useful?

• Yes

Votes: 250 96.5%
  • Nope; you wasted your time.

Votes: 9 3.5%

• Total voters
Has anyone used Phyto to texlax? I am transitioning and my hair is just getting too thick to handle. I am thinking of possibly texlaxing way down the line.

thanks.

Index 1 left on for a short period of time is great for knocking out a bit of the curl and leaves waves behind. When I was doing my own hair, I had great wavy hair. I started have the stylist apply. She used Index 2 and left me with bone straight hair.

I was working my way back to more texture in my hair, when I realized that I grabbed a box of Index 2 from my closet. I'm doomed. : )

WOW!!!!it is good to see so many ladies still using or converting to the phytospecific phytorelaxer..I have been using it for four years now and have never looked back or thought about about another lye relaxer...

I have been using Phyto (stylist applies) from virgin last year. I have NEVER experienced dry hair since then! I love it and am never looking back:grin:

Does anyone know why you can't wash your hair for 72 hour after you relax your hair with this product? :perplexed

Does anyone know why you can't wash your hair for 72 hour after you relax your hair with this product? :perplexed

I could be wrong but I think that's true for all relaxers.
Anywho...here's a reference:

Questions- Why can't perms be washed until after a few days?
-----------------------------------------------
After a perm the hair must neutralize for another 72 hours by using the oxygen in the air. Any shampoo, hot water, or heavy soap, will reopen the cuticle on the hair shaft and possible rearranging, the chemical bond, called H-BONDS,causing the hair to revert in it's natural state, which at the time before the hair was permed was straight. After 72 hours the hair is completely neutralized , with less changes of relaxing the hair.
Rafael D. from Ask A Scientist http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01156.htm

I would suggest that if you must wash, do so with a neutralizing shampoo.

Last edited:
Here to co-sign!! Used it once and loved it so much I'm using the entire Phytospecific line! (Shame I'm bunning, I bet my hair would look right purty!) :lachen::lachen:

Im co-signing too. One of the best tips ive received on here was the Phyto line. Used it once and refuse to use anything else- Ill just go without.

Just had my second phyto touchup yesterday and still loving it. My hair has never felt like silk right after a relaxr - not just "soft" but SILKY! And, I put this bad boy in myself - no dominican blowout taking the credit for this :lachen:

Just had my second phyto touchup yesterday and still loving it. My hair has never felt like silk right after a relaxr - not just "soft" but SILKY! And, I put this bad boy in myself - no dominican blowout taking the credit for this :lachen:

Aww, congrats Lexib!! The results after relaxing are just crazy!

I love Phyto too and don't see myself taking chances with another relaxer.

Bumping to add the whole ingredient list to this thread (from Honeyfig.com):
Straightening Cream: Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral) Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Propylene Glycol, Egg Extract, Steareth-100, Peg 75 Lanolin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Oleth-20, Cetheryl Alcohol, Peg 10 Rapeseed Sterol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, and Egg Oil. Inductor (Activator): Water, Guaninine Carbonate (Derived from Mushrooms), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Yellow 5.

My stylist is encouraging me to try this on the next touch-up. Haven't fully decided yet, but it seems like all my fine-haired girls are loving it...That may just sway me...

Bumping to add the whole ingredient list to this thread (from Honeyfig.com):
Straightening Cream: Water, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral) Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Propylene Glycol, Egg Extract, Steareth-100, Peg 75 Lanolin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Oleth-20, Cetheryl Alcohol, Peg 10 Rapeseed Sterol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, and Egg Oil. Inductor (Activator): Water, Guaninine Carbonate (Derived from Mushrooms), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Yellow 5.

My stylist is encouraging me to try this on the next touch-up. Haven't fully decided yet, but it seems like all my fine-haired girls are loving it...That may just sway me...

:sekret:

*secretly hi-fives Lavendar.....four years for me as of December '08...*

:sekret:

*secretly hi-fives Lavendar.....four years for me as of December '08...*

Yes, Mona--share with the class, darling?? :lachen:

Honestly the more I search, the more I'm confused :perplexed And my hair is looking really good right now (w/DE relaxer)...

Back