Just wanted to say I LOVE CASSIA

melodee

I am going to sing the praises of cassia tonight. I did my second treatment yesterday, and the results were amazing to me.

I am transitioning, and growing tired of wearing the same old pulled back style with the bun--I have a few bun pics in my transition album.

Anyway, I was feeling a little "blah" and so I decided to flat iron my hair. But I first did a cassia treatment. I added 3 T of EVOO to the hot water/cassia mix--using a ziplock freezer bag folded over a bowl. i mixed up the mixture and applied it from the bag/bowl. When I was done applying, I had none left and so I zipped up the bag and threw it out. If I would have had extra--I would have put that sucker in the freezer without having a yellow stained bowl.

I wrapped in plastic wrap and an old towel and got into my tub--love that garden tub, I get lost reading and the heat helps the process. After 1/2 hour I got out and rinsed out the cassia in the shower. LONG PROCESS-takes forever to get the stuff out. I did apply a lil cheap conditioner and worked it through to help remove the cassia.

Before flat ironing I noticed the strength of my hair and that I wasn't pulling out tons of hairs with the comb like I almost always do. After ironing, and not doing too well as I didn't want the iron too hot and my natural roots were wanting to be themselves, I DID notice shine. As much shine if not more than using a gloss rinse, and the rinse leaves my hair hard anyway. I do have some shine pics (flat ironed) on page 2 of my transition album.

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence with henna, try cassia first. You'll probably be glad--that is if you don't mind the messy application and rinse out.:D

Last edited:
I'm so glad that worked out for you, and BlackBarbie was wondering about Cassia and shine, looks like she'll get both conditioning and shine from cassia! :yay:

Forgot to add--I was having some scalp dematitis and the cassia is CLEARING IT UP! No lie, y'all. My derm gave me antibiotics cause he said sometimes scalp inflammations are caused by a bacteria, like acne. Well two weeks of that did nothing. I stopped the meds long ago. But after the second app of cassia i felt my scalp and the dryness and raised areas cannot be felt. It has antifungal properties and it calmed whatever it was down.:clapping:

Great to hear this, melodee! I have some cassia on the way and I'm really excited to try it.

By the way, I love your "bed head" look!:)

Glad you like it...I noticed a change in my hair the first time I used it. I switched to henna after that but I do think with continued use the results get better and better.

Cool! I took some pics at home just like that and the back of my hair looks just like yours. 4a right?

Were the pics in the 2006 album shown with the Cassia mix?

chica_canella said:
Cool! I took some pics at home just like that and the back of my hair looks just like yours. 4a right?

Were the pics in the 2006 album shown with the Cassia mix?

The pics on the second page with the flat ironed hair is after 2 Cassia treatments on transitioning hair! Arey you transitioning, too?

zora said:
Glad you finally did it. Took you long enough!

Girl, you know that powder stuff you got hold of at the last M&G? :lol: I was scurred of that. Was that cassia, or amla?

AtlantaJJ said:
I'm so glad that worked out for you, and BlackBarbie was wondering about Cassia and shine, looks like she'll get both conditioning and shine from cassia! :yay:

Yep, I am counting down until tomorrow night when I do my treatment:)

Because I don't want to have to get up Saturday morning and do EVERYTHING from start to finish (shampoo, apply the cassia, let it sit, deep condition, rollerset, sit under the dryer, etc.) do you think it would be a problem to apply the cassia on Friday night, wrap my hair in the plastic and then get up on Saturday morning to finish the process?

blackbarbie said:
Yep, I am counting down until tomorrow night when I do my treatment:)

Because I don't want to have to get up Saturday morning and do EVERYTHING from start to finish (shampoo, apply the cassia, let it sit, deep condition, rollerset, sit under the dryer, etc.) do you think it would be a problem to apply the cassia on Friday night, wrap my hair in the plastic and then get up on Saturday morning to finish the process?

yeah, girl do it in stages. But may I suggest that you shampoo the night before. Cassia goes on and grabs dry hair much better than wet hair. And though it doesn't stain med-dark colored hair, it will stain bed linens yellow.

Shampoo it and let it dry. Do the cassia the next day. Don't get under the dryer with the cassia, wrap the hair in plastic really well you don't dry out the cassia--it'll be hard as a sucka to get out if that happens. Remember to give yourself at least 15-20 mins to rinse out the stuff. Do a light CO wash to loosen up the particles--I find that it's hardest to remove them from my tightest area--the edges.

melodee said:
yeah, girl do it in stages. But may I suggest that you shampoo the night before. Cassia goes on and grabs dry hair much better than wet hair. And though it doesn't stain med-dark colored hair, it will stain bed linens yellow.

Shampoo it and let it dry. Do the cassia the next day. Don't get under the dryer with the cassia, wrap the hair in plastic really well you don't dry out the cassia--it'll be hard as a sucka to get out if that happens. Remember to give yourself at least 15-20 mins to rinse out the stuff. Do a light CO wash to loosen up the particles--I find that it's hardest to remove them from my tightest area--the edges.

Those are really good tips! I'll definitely try shampooing the night prior to the treatment. I also plan to mix in some yogurt with my cassia. Some other ladies have mentioned that it makes for easier rinsing.

melodee said:

Oh, so that means I'll be shampooing tonight then, huh??? O.K. the only thing is that when I shampoo tonight and bun it to wear to work tomorrow, it will more than likely still be damp tomorrow night when i get home to apply the cassia. I'll be sure to wrap it up really well in the plastic wrap before going to be tomorrow night.

Thanks for that tip!

BB

Honestly, I think it is helping me deal with my new growth a lot better. I cannot stand my hair at about 4-5 weeks post, especially since I have been taking MSM. I am there now and I really don't see myself relaxing for a while. I am happily looking forward to Sunday when I do my next Cassia\yogurt treatment instead of counting down to my next touchup. :D

melodee said:
The pics on the second page with the flat ironed hair is after 2 Cassia treatments on transitioning hair! Arey you transitioning, too?

Yeah. I didn't realize I had so much permed ends until I took my braids out. So, I haven't had a relaxer since last December and I consider myself pretty much natural now. I just hate that I even used to use relaxers cause it curls and then stays straight at the end which I hate but I will be glad when I reach my short term goal length.

I have got to get my pics in. I think I might try Cassia too.

melodee said:
Girl, you know that powder stuff you got hold of at the last M&G? :lol: I was scurred of that. Was that cassia, or amla?
Ha, Ha! I remember. It was actually shikaki powder. I use it to wash my hair.

Oh yes, use a gallon sized freezer bag folded over a bowl to mix your treatment in. When finished, if you don't use it all, just zip it up and freeze.

I have some more tips in my transition album.

Back