>< Just a QUESTION >< No Offense to anyone

I was featured and my hair isn't super long. It was a few inches past my shoulders. When I first came here my hair was very short, and it seemed like all the features had brastrap hair or longer.

But I've seen a few people who had hair that wasn't brastrap length or an inch or so away from it too.

I do like though that they do have members that have long hair passed my length and well below brastrap because a lot of people think we can't grow that much hair, so I like the fact that someone may stumble across this site and be proven wrong that we can only have short broken up hair.

There are a few people I would love to see as feature of the month. There is one poster I would really like to see. I can't remember her name at the moment, but I love one of her pictures where she's wearing the blue shirt with a huge fluffy perfectly in place afro, she looks so cute! A big afro like that means a lot of hair when stretched or pulled.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
There are a few people I would love to see as feature of the month. There is one poster I would really like to see. I can't remember her name at the moment, but I love one of her pictures where she's wearing the blue shirt with a huge fluffy perfectly in place afro, she looks so cute! A big afro like that means a lot of hair when stretched or pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may mean AFashionSlave?? Yes, her hair is gorgeous!

Re: &gt;&lt; Just a QUESTION &gt;&lt; No Offense to anyone

blush.gif
thanks for the recommendation bellydancer
kiss.gif
Although i think Nay is more deserving right about now
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Well, I was featured in May and I don't think that my hair is as long as most of the others that I've seen featured...
look.gif

Plus, maybe since the forum is called "Longhaircare forum," it kind of just makes sense that the feature of the month does have long hair...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking and going to say as I was reading through the post.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Thanks you guys for the recommendations. You all are sweet
Rose.gif

Since we are naming folks we want to see spotlighted, I'd like to see Bree, Flyjump00, Teenie, Isis, Babyblue, Jainygirl. Yup, that ought to cover the rest of this year and January 2005. Moderators, are you listening to me!!! :
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that !
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh!
Thanks Ladies,
Guess I should have read ALL of the post.
I didn't know you said this about me.
Thank you!
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Plus, maybe since the forum is called "Longhaircare forum," it kind of just makes sense that the feature of the month does have long hair...
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Lindy. While everyone's definition of "long" varies I want to see ladies with long, healthy hair featured so that I can be inspired. After all, the long hair focus is what first attracted me to this forum.
smile.gif

no offense to anyone, but isnt that a little anal to be like this board is only about LONG hair, if an outsider said that people would be up in arms, saying no there is more concern with healthy hair rather than length.

Remember just throing ideas out there, not tryin to start anything!

I guess we'll have to change the name of the forum to Haircareforum.com then.
wink.gif

I think that because the forum was created to "help women of color achieve long beautiful hair," most of the members here want to see people featured who have either achieved that, or are well on the way to doing so...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
You can volunteer, the moderators select you

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant "CAN'T"

I think if you have healthy hair you will be able to retain length better..so I think its understood that all the long haired FOTM's already have healthy hair (since their hair is long.

This isnt an absolute statment of course. You can have any length hair and have it be HEALTHY(and I have seen some not so healthy long hair)but even tho' this is a long hair care forum, an "outsider" would soon find out that the road to long hair starts with healthy hair.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NaturalRox said:
[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may mean AFashionSlave?? Yes, her hair is gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup that's her!

[ QUOTE ]
no offense to anyone, but isnt that a little anal to be like this board is only about LONG hair, if an outsider said that people would be up in arms, saying no there is more concern with healthy hair rather than length.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so at all. The site is called LONGhaircareforum, not Healthyhaircareforum. We're all here because we want longer hair. It only makes sense to feature people who have reached their goals as inspiration to the rest of us. I wouldn't want to see someone with shoulder length hair or shorter every month. I could see that in the mirror everyday.

Back