June 2016 What Did You Buy This Week? Hair Care Edition

Ulta
Shea Moisture Sacha Inchi Cowash (2)
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Cowash
Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Lotion

That Sacha Inchi masque was staring at me and I thought about you @AgeinATL :giggle:.
The sale ends on the 25th of this month so I might eventually grab one.
All of the above purchased are staples and are moving their way to HG status.

That masque is holy bae

Bought some Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. It stinks. Smells like tangy underarms. Some kind of fruit smell. Probably satsuma/tangerine. I want to return it just because of the smell, but I'll give it a go and if anything, just put some Vicks under my nose.

A friend told me her sister swears by it, so ill give it a go. This same friend said her sister swears by the twisting butter too and I like that so....

:poke":poke"
Ulta
Shea Moisture Sacha Inchi Cowash (2)
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Cowash
Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Lotion

That Sacha Inchi masque was staring at me and I thought about you @AgeinATL :giggle:.
The sale ends on the 25th of this month so I might eventually grab one.
All of the above purchased are staples and are moving their way to HG status.

Girl, quit playin and get you a jar!!

Bought some Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. It stinks. Smells like tangy underarms. Some kind of fruit smell. Probably satsuma/tangerine. I want to return it just because of the smell, but I'll give it a go and if anything, just put some Vicks under my nose.

A friend told me her sister swears by it, so ill give it a go. This same friend said her sister swears by the twisting butter too and I like that so....

Bwahahahahahaha!

It kinda smells like sour apple?

I tried it for a twist out. It goes on smoothly and isn't wet enough to cause reversion (I used it on dry, stretched hair). Not a lot of hold but I feel like it would work better on wet or slightly damp hair. It gave my hair shine and my hair wasn't crunchy. I can't wait to try it on a wash n go.

Lol I liked the smell at first because I like citrus but now I don't care for it. But the product is really nice though

Speaking of Camille Rose, I like the smell of the Aloe whipped butter gel and finally realize what it smells like. "Tubby custard", they used to sell it at Burger King in the kids meal when I was like 4 in '99. It was regular pudding/custard but I think of Teletubbies because I never actually had custard outside of when I begged my mother for that kids meal after seeing the commercial. It was nasty btw lol

I'm supposed to be on a no buy due to the ridiculous size of my stash but Honey's Handmade has some of my faves as well a couple products I've been wanting to try on sale for $6 so...:angeldevil:

I bought:

2 - Pumpkin & Kokum Chocolate DC Masks :lick::lick::lick:

1 - Tucuma Buttermilk Spiked Rum CoWash:yep:

1 - Lola's Curl Jam:scratchchin:

1 - Marshmallow Root & Flax Chocolate Covered Cherry Curl Jam:scratchchin:

I'm regretting not buying more of the Pumpkin & Kokum DC but I didn't want to risk it due to consistency issues. I LOVED my last jar of this DC it was thick and fluffy whipped like a decadent chocolate mousse dessert. I hope these are too. Last time the second shipment of both the 007 Orange Agave Mask and the Camu Camu DC went from thick whipped and buttery to runny and watery. They worked okay but I like the my DCs thick.

No buy cancelled -__- I went to Sally's and bought some hair scissors & something super random

Pure by Made beautiful purifying rinse. Using it today and I'll post a first impression.

Idk why I even bought this, why do I need a purifying rinse? Doesn't even fit my regimen. I need help.

Eta: Forgot I bought a membership too and now I have that $5 coupon aka I'll be back Friday to buy something *cries* I'll probably get a mielle organics product

Last edited:
@Saludable84 @mzteaze

So tempted by the Ann Carol dope deal from CurlBox. Checked out their website, the products are pricey and the ingredient lists are incomplete. I HATE "key ingredients" !! I wanna know ALL the ingredients, especially if you expecting me to shell out the big $$ for your product.

Also the oil in the dope deal is only 0.25oz. What the heck am I supposed to do with 0.25oz of oil, fry an egg? 0.25oz is 1 & 1/2 a teaspoons or 1\2 a tablespoon. That better be a mistake I don't mess with less than 2oz of product.

I peeped the YouTube vid and saw the creator of the brand. She has locks so I'm hoping her products are cone free but I don't recall her explicitly saying that. Usually natural hair care brands say when they're cone free, SLS free, organic, color safe, vegan, cruelty free, yada yada yada. But all she stressed was the lavender peppermint and chamomile in her hair oil; still interested especially given her credentials. But I doubt they could sway me without dem ingredients.

However, given the retail price of these products, $25 for three full sizes and a tiny sample of oil ain't half bad. Both the Cleansing Conditioner and Penetrating conditioner are $23.95 a pop and the Moisturizing Shampoo is $21.95. The full size oil retails for $19.95. So. . .

Back