May 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

Too much. I had an unexpected Etsy splurge.

I bought the Peppermint conditioner bar from QUA organics since I'm craving some coolness for my summer COs, but the coconut oil in it might not work for me. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Also purchased more of my rose scented faves, lavender lotion bar and licorice charcoal soap.

Nightblooming is another popularish shop, I just bought the large bottle of detangler. Purchased hot oil and rinse from an herbal organic shop that seemed different. A leave-in and conditioner from Toadstool (I REALLY hope I like these, they seem right up my ally) and a bottle of LHDC conditioner. Apparently this was really popular at some point.

Going to go online to target to get another jar or so of Raw Sugar Avocado etc hair mask. Just DC'd today and used what was left of it. It. Is. Life.

If anything, I've been good with clothes and tried to stay off Venus/Charlotte Russe. I now have more dresses that I haven't worn than not. Instead I've bought a dog training class and a Caribbean cruise. Not with the same funds I would have used for dresses, of course. :look:

@ms.blue
How's your Hair/Scalp?
My hair and scalp are doing great. Despite not washing my hair (had big box braids) my hair didn't shed as much and my scalp barely itch. I did spray my scalp every 2 or 3 days with water used a fenugreek oil blend that I bought from an etsy shop to keep my scalp hydrated. I also sprayed my braids and sealed with Haitian castor oil which also kept my hair hydrated. So far this year, my scalp and hair has been improving greatly including my hairline. Thank you so much for asking @IDareT'sHair!

Perfect Blends (APB)
x3 Foaming Body Cleansing Creme (Mountain Meets Ocean, Japanese Citron, Mediterranean)
Hair and Body Oil Gellee (Tobacco Vanilla)
Oomph Moisturizing Body Wash (Tobacco Vanilla)
Creamy Oil (Black Currant Pear)

I went Oribe crazy. Many black celebrities use the brand and their hair "appears healthy"

Shampoo for moisture & control
Intense conditioner for moisture & control
Straight away smoothing blow out cream
Signature moisture mask
Split end sealer

Sally's:
Clear rubber bands 400ct
Took the clear rubber bands back and exchanged them for the black version. I also end up purchasing:
-ION professional carbon styling comb
-Tool Structure tortoise shower detangling comb
-SalonCare adjustable tip applicator bottle
-Silk Elements curly cuties leave in spray detangler (smells like the watermelon airhead candy)

I am running very low on peppermint essential oil so I bought 2 4oz bottles of Radha brand from amazon. I used it before and I absolutely love this oil. It has a dropper so I can measure my drops properly.

@lindseyerinc
Please give us a review after you receive and use them.:grin:

I'm in love! I'm toying with the idea of being a straight haired natural but I wanted quality products that would help me retain length and thickness while straightening bi-weekly.

The shampoo gives a nice lather and does not strip the hair at all, I could pull my fingers through my hair and had curl definition after rinsing. The products all smell like expensive perfume but is not overpowering like say, silicon mix that has an offensive scent that lingers.

The intense conditioner is a thin cream, I'll use the mask next week. My hair drank the conditioner up instantly, a little went a long way and I didn't feel like I had to use half the product to coat my hair. My hair was soft, silky, and defined.

I skipped all moisturizers and went straight for the blow dry cream, that was surprisingly moisturizing. I applied to each individual section before using He tension method to blow dry. The blow dry was sleek and looked kirk most of my attempts at flat ironing. I added more cream to the ends and flat ironed on 380, 1-2 passes per section. My hair didn't smoke or smell burnt. I achieved the best flat iron I have ever done!

The bonus is that I lost minimum hair. The products strengthened as well as moisturized.

Back