June 2016: Hits & Misses

Major Hit:
Protective styling with wigs - it's been six months thus far and I can see a definite increase in the thickness and growth of my hair. Also it's super convenient.

Hits:
APB - thank you @Miss Kane for your excellent customer service, bomb products and amazing scents. 80% of my hair products in rotation are from APB.

Miss:
Having to wait a whole month till I go back to Jamaica to try all the goodies I have bought recently. Ugh. Everything is packed up in my apartment just waiting for me to tear into em. It's gonna be like Christmas in July! LOL

Still a miss: not finishing my hair. I'm at the beginning of what is going to be a horrible sinus infection so I just couldn't be bothered to finish last night. Today I feel like crap but my hair is at the point where I can hide the unfinished part. I'll take my crochet hook to work with me and if I feel up to it, I'll finish moving around my twists on break. I have two braids on the side to finish and one in the middle.

Major Hit:
Protective styling with wigs - it's been six months thus far and I can see a definite increase in the thickness and growth of my hair. Also it's super convenient.

Hits:
APB - thank you @Miss Kane for your excellent customer service, bomb products and amazing scents. 80% of my hair products in rotation are from APB.

Miss:
Having to wait a whole month till I go back to Jamaica to try all the goodies I have bought recently. Ugh. Everything is packed up in my apartment just waiting for me to tear into em. It's gonna be like Christmas in July! LOL

Thank you so much, Sis! I really appreciate you!

YASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I keep telling people not to sleep on this line! Glad you liked it!!
isnt it protein? I steer away from 99% of SM due to the coconut and high sheabutter. So far I like the Superfruit but the smell is strong! The High porosity masque is good. I LOVE the low porosity leave in conditioner, the purification mask, and the souffle for the coconut hibiscus.

I'll try the sacha as a protein treatment soon

isnt it protein? I steer away from 99% of SM due to the coconut and high sheabutter. So far I like the Superfruit but the smell is strong! The High porosity masque is good. I LOVE the low porosity leave in conditioner, the purification mask, and the souffle for the coconut hibiscus.

I'll try the sacha as a protein treatment soon

It has Hydrolized Rice Protein which is softening for my hair, similar to the Super fruit Mask. I'd view it as a moisture treatment verses say, the Strengthen and Grow mask which has Keratin, more on the strengthening side.
My hair is weird because Keratin actually softens my hair.

@AgeinATL @Saludable84 I've passed by that DC so many times in Ulta. So far my hair doesn't really like any of SM's DC's. The only one that I liked was the Purification Mask.

Girl, I HATED SM and their damn masks for the longest time, but their newer crop of DCs have been stellar. Go ahead and grab it to give it a try! I hate the smell but the results are amazing. Be sure to keep your receipt, just in case and you can take it right back. What do you have to loose?? :poke"

It has Hydrolized Rice Protein which is softening for my hair, similar to the Super fruit Mask. I'd view it as a moisture treatment verses say, the Strengthen and Grow mask which has Keratin, more on the strengthening side.
My hair is weird because Keratin actually softens my hair.

@shawnyblazes

I agree with Naturally. I understand your hesitation because I was the same way. My hair is REAL funny acting when it comes to protein, but the rice protein seems to make my hair soft more than strong. Any trace of protein makes my hair feel a bit rough, but this masks has my hair soft, moisturized and manageable. If you like the Superfruit (I LOVE it too), then I really think you would love the Sacha mask. I don't even think you will have to follow up with a moisturizing DC (I don't). When you try it, be sure to post your thoughts!

Imma tell you now, the smell is LOUD and a bit funky :confused:, but I manage because the results are just that good!

Continued hit:
Oyin Hair Dew
No other leave in or cream compares to this!! It has been my go to for years. It works well in combination with Shescentit Marula Hemp or Annabelles Ayurvedic Cream

I wish Oyin would release a Sugar Berries or a unscented version of the Hair Dew. I love how it performs but I can't tolerated that fragrance. It reminds me of maple syrup.

@AgeinATL I might grab it next time I go in Ulta. What's the consistency like? The other DC's outside of the PM tend to be thick and just sat on top of my hair.

The consistency is thick, but it melts into the hair. I would say that the consistency is like a thicker/denser version of the Bee Mine DC but it isn't nearly as thick as a Silk Dreams DC. It is easily spreadable and offers instant softness. I highly suggest using it with heat to help it absorb and top it with a bit of YAM Nectar :cloud9:

I wish Oyin would release a Sugar Berries or a unscented version of the Hair Dew. I love how it performs but I can't tolerated that fragrance. It reminds me of maple syrup.

Lol it smells like cookies to me. As strong as it is and as much as I hate strong smells (looking at you Miss Jessie's) I wasn't bothered by it. I'm super close to throwing away these Miss Jessie's dc's because the smells are bad. The performances are fairly nice the application is the hard part, consistency & smell.

Back