July 2013..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

I ordered some half wigs from hairwigharlem.com which is usually my preferred vendor.

They have fast shipping and great friendly service.

Well.... My last two orders were a mess. First one got cancelled by mistake of customer service rep. (I waited 2 weeks...)

I placed the order again and now I have been waiting 8 days......usually they take 2-3 days at the most.

I am so upset and glad I have a stash of wigs in hand......but if I don't get my order Monday I am never shopping there again.

Ok...my friend took me to a new BSS and I bought more stuff! That place was huge..I couldn't help myself. I bought some shower caps, duck bill clips, a new comb, a bigger bottle of the aphogee 2 min reconstructor, a new scarf and a new spray bottle. I wanted to get a hooded dryer because I need one and they were in sale but I'm trying to save for a trip and I couldn't justify it. Once I get back from my trip..I'm going to go get it

Vitacost
B1g1free Teas

Burdock root tea
Fenugreek seed tea
Peppermint leaf Tea
Horsetail tea
Sage tea
Catnip tea
Saw palmetto tea
Organic Rooibos red bush tea
Aloe 80 organics styling spray
Organic Oolong tea

I went out and bought some more stuff! I got an H2Pro Flat Iron, Kera Care Leave in Conditioner, Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Kera Care Antidandruff Conditioner, and Redken Smooth Lock Butter Silk (Is this the same as the Smooth Down Butter Treat that they had?). I'm planning on purchasing some Grapeseed Oil as well,

I picked up 2 bottles of HTN Follicle Mist from the bss. He was selling it at 30% off.

Also, I picked up a bottle of JBCO.

Yes, I like it. It was the 4 oz size bottles. They were 12.99 and I got them for $9. I may go back and pick up two more.

1 (Old School) Gold N Hot Heating Cap

I took cutenss advice and went for a older model. I want that sucker HOT! LOL

EnExitStageLeft I just gave mine a test run yesterday, because my hair was feeling dry after my birthday WNG. I DC with some Shea Moisture Purification Mask, and my Eva NYC Soften Up Conditioner for 30 minutes. I started out on HIGH, just to warm it up. Two minutes later, I moved it to MEDIUM. My ears were burning, like someone was frying them in a skillet. I readjusted the cap, but 10 minutes later, I had to go to LOW.

If your cap gets anywhere near as hot as mine :nono: I love it, but LOW is definitely where the dial will stay. I can't wait to use it with a true protein conditioner, and a HOT :yep:

ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1
EcoStyler, Olive Oil (A tub. Do I need a tub? That was all they had ...)
Denman Brush (not sure I need this)
Hair Pick
Shower / Conditioning Caps
Mister bottle
Premium Bobby Pins
Pumice stone

I'm trying to be a good girl by not buying anything until I use up my current products. I have a lot of them, and I don't want them to go bad on me.

Also, the Great Recession is making me think twice about buying non essentials. Money is really scarce now.:yep:

Last edited:
@cuteness

Sorry Ms. Lady. :lol:

Reading you describing your Regi this week, made me want some.:lol:

You know you can always convo her for a "Request Custom Order" and get your 8oz.

@cuteness

Sorry Ms. Lady. :lol:

Reading you describing your Regi this week, made me want some.:lol:

You know you can always convo her for a "Request Custom Order" and get your 8oz.

IDareT'sHair, better you than a stranger who might appreciate its sprouty goodness :lachen:. Besides you know who will take it off your hands, just in case :look: And getting a smaller jar gave me the opportunity to try something new.

But I think you are going to love it. I use it on clean/DC, damp hair :lick:

I bought:

Smooth N Shine Curl Activator Gel
Nbd Cosmetics Curl Magic Styling Cream
BlueRoze Beauty Flaxseed Cream Gel

Back