It's Sunday! What are you doing to your hair this weekend?

I was supposed to wash this stanky stuff but I kind of tied one on last night and am still feeling it.

Tomorrow... :)

DLewis Rocks!!

dlewis said:
I'm doing a Hot Oil treatment, washing and deep conditioning, then rollset and wrap until tom.

I am deep conditoning my hair under my Gold n Hot Ionic Soft Bonnet while typing on my big desktop computer to you guys!! I'm in DC heaven.

I used to have to sit under my bonnet, on the kitchen counter sideways so that I could try and type on my notebook computer.... I felt like a pretzle after a while. This is so much better. I'm more likely to do a real DC and rollersets too this way..

DivinelyInsipired had agreat ideal about using the ironing board for the hard bonnet dryer also...good to know for an alternative.

rinygirl6 said:
:look:....true
But Dag you didn't have to call me out like that!:lol:

Oh I just finshed my weave yall! I'm actually surprised it turned out so well. I think I post some pics.
Okay, you can come and do mine now, I'm freshly washed and DC'ed..

:yay: Let's see pictures please :grin:

I am sitting under the dryer with my roller set as I type this. I washed, did an Emergencee treatment (having bad breakage) and DC'd. I hope this Emergencee stuff stops my breakage....

Yesterday/ Saturday I did a Coconut Oil and JOICO Moisture Recovery Conditioner pre-shampoo treatment and then shampooed my hair and applied JOICO Daily Conditioner and air-dried in a pony tail. This morning I got up and applied more Moisture Recover Conditioner to the ends of my hair and in four sections and headed down to the Dominican Salon. She shampooed it twice (My hair loves shampoo--sometimes I shampoo daily in the Spring and Summer) and put a rinse out conditioner on it and then I got the rollerset, blow out and wrapp. It is still wrapped now with my scarf on it. Not taking it down till work tomorrow.:)

l am going to wash and deep condition my hair, put it in a pony and airdry as usual. This will take place later on this evening cuz I have lotsa errands to run right now.

I'm doing a henna treatment right now. When i get done sitting under this dryer. I'll let it sit for 8-10 hours, then rinse twice with water, shampoo once, condition, deep condtion w/heat for 45-60 mins and that's it.

I'm getting ready to wash and Deep Conditon my hair right now. I'll probably braid it up and bun it in the morning.;)

Well I shampooed w/a strengthening poo today and DC w/ Miss key 10 en 1 w/Honey and Botanic oil added to the mix. I'm about to rinse it out and I think I'm going to airdry in to platts and then do some Flat twist. I'll take pics later once I'm done.

I just did a wrap, roller combo...I'm sitting under this Gold N Hot thing about to BURN UP! LOL I never in my life would have belived a bonnet dryer could work like this, or at least get this hot!

I know what to do on a cold winters' day.... Roller set!

Man woo, but at least I'm at my big computer....haha

whew!

I was overdue for a henna treatment:) I use Dulhan deluxe heena powder and this time I only let it set for 2 hours and I have liftoff:grin: I am so happy. No more overnight waiting. I left it on for a total of 3 hrs - 1 hr under the dryer and 30 min with an ORP pack.
I am airdrying a rollerset as I type....

Today I tried rollersetting for the first time. It turned out pretty bad. I think I need more rollers and I should probably be using the rollers with covers instead of the rollers and pins. Some hair must have slipped off the rollers b/c I have sections of shrunken hair all over. :ohwell: I was soo tempted just to pick up my hot comb and straighted them, but I'm trying to be good. I'll just braid it up to stretch it out and hopefully do a better rollerset next weekend.

rinygirl6 said:
:look:....true
But Dag you didn't have to call me out like that!:lol:

Oh I just finshed my weave yall! I'm actually surprised it turned out so well. I think I post some pics.

haha, nothing but love! yes, do post pics!

I shampooed with Sunsilk and now I am deep conditioning with ORS Replenishing Pak. I have to rinse out the ORS in another 20 minutes. I'm air drying, as usual.

Ok I didn't use the mix instead I washed, conditioned, added my regular humectress as a leave in, snap back & IC gel clear. I just greased my scalp with Sulfur Eight medicated. I forgot I bought that a few weeks ago instead of trying the other sulfur stuff the ladies use here for their scalp for speedy growth. Sulfur eight used to make my short do's grow back quick in the 80's. :lol: I figure I stick to the tried and true for now. My scalps tingling like I don't know what. :cool:

I prepooed with Amla Oil for 2 hours (1st 30 minutes under heating cap) and shampooed with Creme of Nature. DCing with ORS Replenishing Pak and will follow with Humectress as a leave-in. I have soooo many moisturizers I don't know what you choose. Might go with the Jane Carter's nourish and shine. I'll seal with Hot 6 and airdry.

I experienced some serious shedding this afternoon as I was preparing to apply my Amla. :eek: . I am a little nervous. It was windy today and I did not wear a head covering. I am hoping the DC will slow it down. I had used the Qhemet Sidr Butter Balm this morning before I went to church and I think it made my hair hard. I applied it over other products from yesterday (the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade) and I don't think they like each other. :perplexed

i just got a touch up on Friday, so my hair is plaited and pinned up while my ends are covered by a baggie as they marinate in oil.

Today I clarified using Herbal Essence's Degunkify, shampooed with Elucence, deep conditioned with Elucence, leave-in is KeraCare, and then I'll twist it with QB's Heavy Cream.

Well, my hair is realy upset with me right now. I didn't rinse it for 4 days and I am paying for it. I shampooed :mad: and am currently deep conditioning under my bonnet dryer. I should have cleared the shed hair because I have some matting going on, but ah well, guess it's going to be a long night!:ohwell:

I wore my hair flat ironed to go out with DH last night, got home really late and too tired to do anything with it. I fell asleep before I finished undressing completely.

This morning I combed it out and applied some NTM leave in and some avocado butter. Then up into a bun. It's still mostly straight.

I'll probably wash my hair tomorrow and give it a nice long, extra rich deep conditioner.

i'm getting ready to braid my hair in small plaits (no extensions) and bun it up. i'm stretching until the end of the year. 15 weeks so far; 3 more weeks to go! :D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wash, deep conditioned, 7 box braids.........guess the style for the next 7 days? :grin::lachen:

it aint broke(breakin) so i aint fixin!

Qetesh said:
i am going to poo then clarify with ACV then do a deep condish with wheat grass sarlem under the bonnet for 20 mins, after that i am going to ATTEMPT to put my hair in box braids, about 50 of them while watching TV. - keep this up untill i wash and rollerset to flat iron for christmas :)

I got lazy, I did the sarlem wheat germ and ACV, but when it came to the 50 box braids … that did NOT get done, I ended up putting 4 cornrows in the front of my hair and jus loosely braiding the rest to sleep in then I jus took out the big braids this morning. Box braids sound good, but I am not up for it. I guess this style is forcing me to try to cornrow better which I need to practice on.

I prepoo'd with AO GPB and added a lil MillCreek Biotin Conditioner to that. Shampoo'd with my prescribed Nizoral and then deep conditioned with DPR11, Honey, EVOO. I airdried with Giovanni's Direct Leave In. That's some good stuff...first time using it. Today I am wavy and bunned. Can't wait until January so I can relax deez waves!!

Last night I took my hair out of its baggie and do a protein treatment and DC'd with LUST and Amla oil, put in back in the baggie and bonnet so that I could fix my bun in the morning. It took me an hour to do this.

KathyMay said:
Last night I took my hair out of its baggie and do a protein treatment and DC'd with LUST and Amla oil, put in back in the baggie and bonnet so that I could fix my bun in the morning. It took me an hour to do this.

What LUST?

Back