What are you doing to your hair this weekend?

Last night I did the shikakai oil scrub to my scalp; then I soaked my hair with amla oil & put on a plastic cap & a headwrap & went shopping. When I got home, I washed with my shikakai bar & did an Aphogee treatment. I bought a large bottle of the original since it's been discontinued. After the treatment, I mixed the Aphogee reconstructor & moisturizer with some LeKair self heating oil (yes I'm a Candy_C clone) & some ORS. I put that in & put on a plastic cap & went to bed. This morning I rinsed the DC, did a coconut oil rinse, then some Giovanni leave-in & put my hair in 10 ponytails. When it dries I'm going to do some twists.

Yesterday I poo my braids with a diluted poo then I used my beloved Affirm 5n1 reconstructor 30 mns under a plastic cap, rinsed, then DC all the night with my conditionning mix, I rinsed it this morning then moisturised, sealed my braids and let it air dried:grin:

I slept with Amla oil in my hair last night will add conditioner (protein & vitamin conditioner), and DC, wash, then oil rinse and rinse again, wrap and let hair airdry. I did throw a henna in today!!

Last edited:
pre-pooing my braids right now with organics hair mayo....will rinse out....poo w/Kenra....and try oil rinsing for the 1st time with cococut oil.

I'm not so sure. I did a conditioner wash (something I hardly ever do) on Thursday. If I do anything to it, it may be just another conditioner wash and air dry and place it in a nice neat bun.

I just sat under a bonnet dryer for about 10 min with the Aveda DR Treatment. This was the first time I seriously gave it a chance. I had a sample of it free from the store once and did not like it. We'll see how it goes - going to rinse now.

Other than that I am doing my regular styling routine. I will use my Carusos tonight before going out.

I just sat under a bonnet dryer for about 10 min with the Aveda DR Treatment. This was the first time I seriously gave it a chance. I had a sample of it free from the store once and did not like it. We'll see how it goes - going to rinse now.

Other than that I am doing my regular styling routine. I will use my Carusos tonight before going out.

HATED IT!!! :wallbash:

My ABBA Scentsations shampoo makes my hair feel better than this stuff! :nono:

I just washed that crap out and started over. I just applied my Neutrogena Clean Replenishing Moisturizing Conditioner. $4 a bottle and that one is SO MUCH BETTER (for me that is.) Just what I get for trying something new.

I'm excited to finally see my hair again tonight after a month. :yep:

I took out my braids and I am going to clarify, then deepcondition for about 2 hrs with my own little mixture that I'm going to blend up now and twist my hair.

Yesterday, I mixed water w/ Amla powder and put that on my front edges and the roots of the top of my hair that's not weaved away to darken that part. I put cheapie conditioner on the ends.

I mixed Amla oil, cheapie conditioner, and a little water and poured that on my scalp, and put the white rain conditioner on the weave hair.

I let the paste and the oil/conditioner mix sit for 30 minutes and rinsed it all.

Sat under the ionic bonnet dryer to get scalp dry, and flat ironed my hair w/ the Sedu, and curled the weave hair.

It must've looked nice because during dinner my friend kept talking about how soft and pretty it looked and how he wanted to run his fingers through it.

Last edited:
Just pre-poo wash and set.. I'll probably try the Alterna Hemp Repair Weekly treament I bought at Ulta.

Right now I'm sitting under the dryer with Aphogee treatment for damaged hair, I'll follow that up with a really good rinse and the Pantene Breakage defense mask and back underneath the dryer I go! :yawn:

If I have enough time before I have to leave out again, I may try and roller set.

Back