It's Spring Time and All The Girls Are Swangin' Their Hair, Except Me!

LocksOfLuV

And I can't stand it! I am bunning and on a very personal challenge for no heat and protective styling/baggying until May (my birthday). I am verrrry militant when it comes to this, so I am determined to finish this, just thought I would rant lol. Feel free to join in and release your frustrations in this thread.

I walk around and I see all the swangin' hair and I get so jealous. *pouts* Who else is with me?

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAY, I miss my hair!!:perplexed

I'm just having issues all around right now. Hair, money, body, self-esteem...:lol:

Ugh! I was just thinking the same thing. Today someone mentioned how I never wear my hair down and I was just like "oh...yeah, I guess I don't"

All the girls around campus are walking around with their hair blowin in the wind and mine is stuck in this bun.

Girl...I feel your pain! I am sporting some cornrows right now, and I wish I was swangin some apl hair. My birthday is in August, so I am HOPING my hair is where I want it to be by then. Just keep in mind that the bunning and such is temporary; you will be swangin in no time!!! *BIG HUG*

AlexB7 said:
Ugh! I was just thinking the same thing. Today someone mentioned how I never wear my hair down and I was just like "oh...yeah, I guess I don't"

All the girls around campus are walking around with their hair blowin in the wind and mine is stuck in this bun.

Ugh. I think the campus scene makes it much worse man!

ONAMSHN said:
Girl...I feel your pain! I am sporting some cornrows right now, and I wish I was swangin some apl hair. My birthday is in August, so I am HOPING my hair is where I want it to be by then. Just keep in mind that the bunning and such is temporary; you will be swangin in no time!!! *BIG HUG*

Thanks for the ehug. I keep telling myself this is not permanent.

So far,I really don't mind wearing my hair in a bun since I'am not comfortable wearing my hair out for various reasons(it's not on point plus I'am Sl so rubbage is my enemy)
What about some wigs,halfwigs and such to get the swingin' hair??
I mean that's what I see for the most part anyways.

I saw a girl with traffic stopping hair this morning and it made me really want to let it down... oh well!

LOL I think campus does make it worse. I see all these other girls in cute dresses and their hair blowing all over the place. AND there's no humidity, so I know my hair would stay nice if I didn't have my hair in a baggy/bun :lol: .

I've just resolved to have my hair swanging Friday-Sunday, as I workout Monday-Thursday anyway. Can't have it all :perplexed and I definitely can't skip the workouts so this is a nice compromise.

ETA: LocksofLuv...way to go on being so strict with your regimen. I can't seem to stick to much of anything lately and the warm weather isn't helping.

ARRRRRRGH I thought it was only me!!! I see girls with shining swinging hair and then there's little 'ol me. Plus I just don't look hot with a bun. It's even worse when you know your hair can be nice-looking but no one else can see that!!! :(

I want these BRAIDS OUT NOW! I just want wear my real hair..*sigh* and hav emy cute lil TWA even thought it wont be swinging it well be pretty and curly

OneInAMillion said:
LOL I think campus does make it worse. I see all these other girls in cute dresses and their hair blowing all over the place. AND there's no humidity, so I know my hair would stay nice if I didn't have my hair in a baggy/bun :lol: .

I've just resolved to have my hair swanging Friday-Sunday, as I workout Monday-Thursday anyway. Can't have it all :perplexed and I definitely can't skip the workouts so this is a nice compromise.

ETA: LocksofLuv...way to go on being so strict with your regimen. I can't seem to stick to much of anything lately and the warm weather isn't helping.

Girl if it is one thing I am a strictler for in life it is this hair. I am determined to get there.:)

RavenIvygurl said:
ARRRRRRGH I thought it was only me!!! I see girls with shining swinging hair and then there's little 'ol me. Plus I just don't look hot with a bun. It's even worse when you know your hair can be nice-looking but no one else can see that!!! :(

Girl you. I am such a bum with this bun. I find myself comparing my hair to other girls too-so not good.:look:

Its ok MM....you'll be swangin when you do finally let it all down. I can't wait to see. My hair ain't swinging now...ng has me on lock down...but I prefer slower progression and being able to wear it out ...at this point...Sylver has me gettin bold and bad with it.

I feel the exact same way. I've been bunning every day for almost 4 months now. I was telling myself the other day, that the most I can probably take is one more month. After that I'll probably switch it up with ponytails and wear my hair down every so often (even though I'm a shoulder length).

One of my goals was to get a hold on styling in addition to growth, so at times I find myself a little eager to experiment with braid-outs, roller sets, etc.

senimoni said:
Its ok MM....you'll be swangin when you do finally let it all down. I can't wait to see. My hair ain't swinging now...ng has me on lock down...but I prefer slower progression and being able to wear it out ...at this point...Sylver has me gettin bold and bad with it.

Sylver makes me want to slap my mama-that bold!:lol:

Karma1981 said:
I feel the exact same way. I've been bunning every day for almost 4 months now. I was telling myself the other day, that the most I can probably take is one more month. After that I'll probably switch it up with ponytails and wear my hair down every so often (even though I'm a shoulder length).

One of my goals was to get a hold on styling in addition to growth, so at times I find myself a little eager to experiment with braid-outs, roller sets, etc.

4 mos!! You can do it girl! It looks like we will be bustin' it loose around the same time too. We can do it.

I don't have much hair to swing anyway.:lol: Just wanted to say I love those comparision pics in your siggy LocksOfLuV.

*okay, goes back to studying*:grin:

MamaBraidedIt said:
I don't have much hair to swing anyway.:lol: Just wanted to say I love those comparision pics in your siggy LocksOfLuV.

*okay, goes back to studying*:grin:

Aww gee thanks!:D I'm about to look at some old pics I was too embarassed to post and get some inspiration.

LoL, I feel you on wanting to let it all hang out for Spring. I saw a girl at the Beverly Center Sunday with waistlength hair...it was BEAUTIFUL and I *SERIOUSLY* started to ask her if she was Nikko's cousin...I mean, it was beautiful.

Anyway, I was bunning that day...it definitely made me look forward to wearing my hair out more during the spring/summer.

Hang in there girl! I'm taking a special trip in June so I'm trying to be as disciplined as possible between now and then so I can enjoy long, thick, swingomatic tresses. I got a few folks I need to flip on. :look:

I've never had swangin hair.:mad: I grew up with braids most of my life. Then I went natural and wore my hair in twists most of the time. Maybe I'll make my goal in June. I do see other girls with hair and I see it flowing in the wind. :confused: I wonder how it would feel. :perplexed No one has ever seen my flat ironed before. :( Whenever I get to do it, I want to blow people away.:)

It's difficult for me, as I'm stretching out a relaxer. Well, I finally roller set my hair and let it down for a day yesterday and got compliments from everyone. Well, I was also chastised for wearing it up so much. I wear it up 99 percent of the time and get these comments, "you should wear it down more often," blah blah blah! Anyway, you have to do what's best for you. I know it's difficult when you want to wear it down, but you are also trying to protect and care for it. I won't my hair down again until after I relax. I wore it up today after having it down yesterday and immediately someone noticed and said something like, "well, I guess your hairstyle was shortlived." I guess people don't understand and I don't have time to explain what I'm trying to do here.

Your hair is beautiful and I applaud you for wanting to take care of it before vanity. Wearing it down will come in due time...;)

Serenity_Peace said:
It's difficult for me, as I'm stretching out a relaxer. Well, I finally roller set my hair and let it down for a day yesterday and got compliments from everyone. Well, I was also chastised for wearing it up so much. I wear it up 99 percent of the time and get these comments, "you should wear it down more often," blah blah blah! Anyway, you have to do what's best for you. I know it's difficult when you want to wear it down, but you are also trying to protect and care for it. I won't my hair down again until after I relax. I wore it up today after having it down yesterday and immediately someone noticed and said something like, "well, I guess your hairstyle was shortlived." I guess people don't understand and I don't have time to explain what I'm trying to do here.

Your hair is beautiful and I applaud you for wanting to take care of it before vanity. Wearing it down will come in due time...;)

See I knew LHCF would understand. Sometimes I get too ahead of myself man.

Oooh, I know the feeling.. my hair has been in a french twist at work since September of 2006 and no one has seen it down, since I have only worn it down for the last couple of weekends only (away from work). but once I relax next month... look out:lachen:

Last edited:
this bun stuff sucks :( I understand where everyone is coming from. Soon I will be getting braids and my hair still won't be free. I wanna swing :( :cry3:

You can do it!!!

Personally I do 1/2 wigs and go from there but believe you me its not the same as wearing my own here down. I am getting sick of protective styles.

I see the girls with their hair down and I want to let mine down but then I think "nah" I have a goal to reach.

During the summers I usually wear it up anyway because it can get so dang hot on my neck!

Wow, I guess I never had problem with bunning, because I NEVER wear my hair down... I don't like the way hair look like on me >.<
I wear my hair down maybe 4 days a year.... I don't really like it
But perhaps with longer hair, I will luv it, who knows ? ^^

Yeah it gets really annoying bunning sometimes..... but at the same time, its become such a habit that i feel self-conscious and awkward with my hair down. But it sure would be nice to look "cute" this Spring season. Oh well!!!! :lol:

I wonder if my mentality is REALLY gonna change once i real WL? :look:

Back