It's Spring Time and All The Girls Are Swangin' Their Hair, Except Me!

KiniKakes said:
Yeah it gets really annoying bunning sometimes..... but at the same time, its become such a habit that i feel self-conscious and awkward with my hair down. But it sure would be nice to look "cute" this Spring season. Oh well!!!! :lol:

I wonder if my mentality is REALLY gonna change once i real WL? :look:

LOL ain't that the truth? When I do wear my hair down, I carry spare bobby pins and claw clips to pin it up and sometimes I wear a scarf around my shoulders, or make sure to wear shirts that are silk or satin material :lol: . Too much work to wear it down when I do decide to...

I knew I was loosing it when I wanted to sew a piece of a silk scarf onto the back of a cotton shirt so that my hair wouldn't touch the cotton :lachen: .

Locks, I feel your pain girl!! This baggie and bun thing is sooooooo boring.

Now that it is getting warm, I've been wanting to let is loose. The last time I even saw my hair straight was in November.

Just know that in the end, it will be worth it:)

LocksOfLuV said:
And I can't stand it! I am bunning and on a very personal challenge for no heat and protective styling/baggying until May (my birthday). I am verrrry militant when it comes to this, so I am determined to finish this, just thought I would rant lol. Feel free to join in and release your frustrations in this thread.

I walk around and I see all the swangin' hair and I get so jealous. *pouts* Who else is with me?

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAY, I miss my hair!!:perplexed

I'm just having issues all around right now. Hair, money, body, self-esteem...:lol:

Well you know how militant I'm about my braids. At the very least you can take down your bun at home and see all your hair. The only thing i can do is take out two braids and try to imagine the rest out. Yesterday the wind was blowing so softly. I'm stand at the corner waiting for the light to change and Imagining my hair blowing in the soft wind. I miss the light :lol:.
Then it's this girl at my job who's hair I just can't stop looking at. When she talks to me all i look at is her hair. when she walked away from me i realize she has APL hair and my hair might look like that because we are the same hight. All i keep saying to my self is 3 months down and 3 months to go. Now it's closer to 2 months to go.:cool:

Yes, my females coworkers wear their hair down everyday and I come to work with my hair, not even bunned, but just pinned up. Because I do work out I tend to sweat alot in the head, but sometimes I just want to flow in the wind to... but then I say to myself... in due time.

see I have discovered the maxiglide and we are in love so I am really in trouble! I have been wearing the 1/2 wig/fall lately. Then, I tried out the maxiglide...this is gonna be really hard for me. Give me strength.

I have had braids in for 2 months and I miss my hair. But even when they come out next week Im bunning it until the great reveil on April 28th at my Bday BBQ (May 3rd actual date). Everyone cant wait to see it, including me.

Since joining LHCF in OCT 2006 I have worn nothing but a bun and my progress has been sick! So you best believe I wont be stopping what works until I reach my goal.

Its hard because I miss seeing my hair but I know the results Im going for now so I would rather sacrifice now and reap the rewards later. Plus most girls you see swangin' are swangin' a weave.

Last edited:
Cholet112 said:
I have had braids in for 2 months and I miss my hair. But even when they come out next week Im bunning it until the great reveil on April 28th at my Bday BBQ (May 3rd actual date). Everyone cant wait to see it, including me.

Since joining LHCF in OCT 2006 I have worn nothing but a bun and my progress has been sick! So you best believe I wont be stopping what works until I reach my goal.

Its hard because I miss seeing my hair but I know the results Im going for now so I would rather sacrifice now and reap the rewards later. Plus most girls you see swangin' are swangin' a weave.

I LOVE YOUR HAIR. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RESULTS EITHER.

August will be the month when I swang my hang! :yep: Until then, I am C&Ging it. :yep:

I am very busy so I don't really get distracted by it all! I also have my car to hide my terrible hair days in!:lol: If I was taking public transportation on a bad hair day...:eek: I would be miserable.:lachen:

Keep positive LocsofLuv! Your hair is pretty just the way it is!;)

LocksOfLuV said:
And I can't stand it! I am bunning and on a very personal challenge for no heat and protective styling/baggying until May (my birthday). I am verrrry militant when it comes to this, so I am determined to finish this, just thought I would rant lol. Feel free to join in and release your frustrations in this thread.

I walk around and I see all the swangin' hair and I get so jealous. *pouts* Who else is with me?

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAY, I miss my hair!!:perplexed

I'm just having issues all around right now. Hair, money, body, self-esteem...:lol:

i'm not on the bun challenge, but i feel ya. i see all these girls with their hair blowing in the breeze, and it makes me wanna pull out the CHI... i'm not hating, i just wanna join the club! :look: however, i won't be straightening my hair again until fall. i mean this is springtime, love ain't the only thing in the air. can we say humidity? :lol:

thenappygirl17 said:
I've never had swangin hair.:mad: I grew up with braids most of my life. Then I went natural and wore my hair in twists most of the time. Maybe I'll make my goal in June. I do see other girls with hair and I see it flowing in the wind. :confused: I wonder how it would feel. :perplexed No one has ever seen my flat ironed before. :( Whenever I get to do it, I want to blow people away.:)

Girl you can do it. I can't wait until you get 'your time.' Boy it feels great feeling that hair on your back. You WILL get there.:)

growinglong777 said:
Oooh, I know the feeling.. my hair has been in a french twist at work since September of 2006 and no one has seen it down, since I have only worn it down for the last couple of weekends only (away from work). but once I relax next month... look out:lachen:

Your progress has been amazing in so little time.:eek: When you busted out with the new siggy, I was like whoa. Good job.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah it gets really annoying bunning sometimes..... but at the same time, its become such a habit that i feel self-conscious and awkward with my hair down. But it sure would be nice to look "cute" this Spring season. Oh well!!!! :lol:

I wonder if my mentality is REALLY gonna change once i real WL? :look:

Heck no!:lol:

I talk a lot of trash about what I am gonna do when I reach WSL, but I am just a crock. I bet you I will STILL be in these buns.:ohwell: :lol:

I know the feeling, I was really eyeing soome peopel yesterday, and hating my braids and bun. The people I was liiking at though - I know if I took my briads out my hair would not look that good, I am still trying to get there, and this is how I am doing it for now.

There was one woman with even BSL curls, jet black, that looked so amazingly healthy and wholesome, I couldn't stand it! I was a hater for two seconds!:lol:

shynessqueen said:
Well you know how militant I'm about my braids. At the very least you can take down your bun at home and see all your hair. The only thing i can do is take out two braids and try to imagine the rest out. Yesterday the wind was blowing so softly. I'm stand at the corner waiting for the light to change and Imagining my hair blowing in the soft wind. I miss the light :lol:.
Then it's this girl at my job who's hair I just can't stop looking at. When she talks to me all i look at is her hair. when she walked away from me i realize she has APL hair and my hair might look like that because we are the same hight. All i keep saying to my self is 3 months down and 3 months to go. Now it's closer to 2 months to go.:cool:

This is the very reason I can't wear braids lo. I would miss deep conditioning my hair lol.

Nelli, I cannot wait to see your progress. Your hair is beautiful. Are you revealing in April?

To the rest of the ladies, Anky is right yall. we can do this. We will have our times to shine.

bluwatersoul said:
I know the feeling, I was really eyeing soome peopel yesterday, and hating my braids and bun. The people I was liiking at though - I know if I took my briads out my hair would not look that good, I am still trying to get there, and this is how I am doing it for now.

There was one woman with even BSL curls, jet black, that looked so amazingly healthy and wholesome, I couldn't stand it! I was a hater for two seconds!:lol:

I saw this girl who had jet black hair who look like she did a wash n go in my class and I just kept staring at her. She had to think I was gay or something.:lol: It was just so pretty.

It is Springtime and I am still stretching my hair I am going on 22 weeks post touch up so instead of bunning like I did all winter, I am going to get some Nubian twists and stretch until July I will be 35 weeks post by then. I guess my twists will have to swing in the wind.

Part of me WANTS to wear my hair down, but part of me is SCARED! I just hit shoulder length, so I want to do everything possible to preserve my ends. That means not wearing it in "down" styles.:ohwell:

Well, maybe I could do a flexirod set....we'll see...I'm just so paranoid! See what this site has done to me? LOL:lol:

preciousjewel76 said:
Part of me WANTS to wear my hair down, but part of me is SCARED! I just hit shoulder length, so I want to do everything possible to preserve my ends. That means not wearing it in "down" styles.:ohwell:

Well, maybe I could do a flexirod set....we'll see...I'm just so paranoid! See what this site has done to me? LOL:lol:
girl, I have been wearing my ahir down the past 2 days and have moisturized and sealed like 40 going north. I like it blowing but I think I am too noided as well. I can't wait to see all the summertime styles you ladies are gonna rock

It is so humid down here in Texas..everybody's hair is a frizzy mess..and mine would be too if it were down, so I am glad to be bunning it for now.

I just took out a weave 2 weeks ago so I had the opportunity to swang for a hot minute........even though it wasn't mine :lol:. However, I'm back to the basic bun. I wear a half-wig on the weekends and when I'm going out so that's another option some of you might want to consider.

I soooo feel you girl! It was so nice out the other day. The sun was out and it was warm and stuff, I wanted my hair to look cute. Unfortunately it didn't happen:( I kept my bun in my hair and told myself to be patient. When I touch up at the end of May, I'll be swangin fa sho!

I love your hair btw!

Man, why was I walking today and saw this chick with jet black shoulder length hair that was blowing in the wind in slow motion!!!!!!!!!!! I got jealous for about 2 seconds. Its funny how you start to notice so much swinging hair when you cant swing yours!

Last edited:
Honey, you ain't the only one! And the response to your post is proof :-)

I am transitioning from relaxed to natural, so wearing my hair out is NOT an option, as the two textures look ridiculous (in my opinion).

But, soon enough. Just know that you are doing good things for your hair (unlike me...another story for another time), and that you will certainly reap the benefits.

Blackrican

i know how you feel. i'm sitting here with 2 inches of new growth trying to resist the urge to relax. i noticed this beautiful, thick, mid-back hair today and i thought to myself........... keep stretching, you'll get it. i know it's best for me but i'm tired of it right now. i'll probably break down soon. :ohwell:

at least yall can wear ur hair down if u wnat to. the only time i can wear my hair down is when i leave the salon because my hair is so broken up. the only time i can camoflauge the thin parts is when i just get my hair done.

I feel the same way. I'm nine weeks post and I feel like going to the store to buy a relaxer right now :( I want to wait and relaxer right before graduation but it's sooo nice out. I've been bunning all semester and I feel like the semester would go by faster if I wore my hair out!

**I did cheat and wear my hair out Saturday and it was fabulous!

prissygirl114 said:
I feel the same way. I'm nine weeks post and I feel like going to the store to buy a relaxer right now :( I want to wait and relaxer right before graduation but it's sooo nice out. I've been bunning all semester and I feel like the semester would go by faster if I wore my hair out!

**I did cheat and wear my hair out Saturday and it was fabulous!

Don't feel bad, I cheated too! I broke down today and wore a braidout. It felt so good having it out and swangin! I've been so down about my hair lately, this was exactly what I needed.

Back