SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new season?

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new seaso

danysedai said:
I want bangs, I have a huge forehead and really want some bangs, but I'm worried about how they will look when I get some newgrowth, I can always flat iron them, I don't know, still not sure. are there any pictures of relaxed ladies with bangs here/ buttaflye03 has bangs and she looks lovely
'

I have bangs now, and for some reason I always come back to them no matter what crazy styles I try. IMO bangs are a little easier to style (as long as they are at a comfortable length) I wrap them to the side at night and they usually fall well in the morning and i can always flat iron if needed. This is way easier than having to worry about how crazy my new growth looks. It gives my edges a break. HTH

Maybe I'll do a color rinse or color conditioner for a little "change". Aveda's color conditioners are pretty good.

No plans for any changes. I've been hitting the gym 3-4 x a week so will only be straightening once a month, the rest will be wash and go's. Pretty boring around here.

I'm new and hearing baggie-ing helps. So, I'm doing that to help re-grow my "slip up " with the scissors :eek: :lol: And maybe it will help the ends not tangle as much...now I'm workng on stopping the REST of my hair from tangling:look:

I have a ritual every spring that I can't seem to break. I cut my hair....anywhere between 5-8 inches and I usually dye it a lighter color. I guess this year I'll be doing the same. Spring just makes me want a change really badly.

For Springtime, I plan to relax my hair the week that the HYH til April Fools challenge ends. So basically I plan to relax(touch-up), color(blue-black rinse), and henna(neutral/clear color) my hair.

I am going to be doing more henna treatments and hopefully try cassia, otherwise just pop pills and rubbing miracle potions on my head till my hands fall off.

gymfreak336 said:
I am going to be doing more henna treatments and hopefully try cassia, otherwise just pop pills and rubbing miracle potions on my head till my hands fall off.

Exactly. i'm gonna be getting more into henna treatments when it warms up because if I'm not mistaken,(and someone correct me if I'm wrong about this)I think the henna acts as a shield from the harsh sun.

I plan on doing roller sets. I've followed Macherieamour roller setting technique and I just love it. So I will sporting that style all spring. :)

It's business as usual for me. I'll either do wash and go's or keep my hair in braids. I plan to give myself a good trim so all my hair can be one nice, even length but I think it will be later on in the year. I haven't ruled out buying a good flat iron so I can get back into the habit of straightening my hair before I trim it. I won't straigthen and trim too often, maybe once every six months or so.

pistachio said:
Exactly. i'm gonna be getting more into henna treatments when it warms up because if I'm not mistaken,(and someone correct me if I'm wrong about this)I think the henna acts as a shield from the harsh sun.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing.

I plan to wear my new braid out style more often. Usually for the summer I say I'm going to wear cornrows but I never do.

This style is my alternative to heat and a way for my hair to rest from styling stress.

I plan on wearing more twistouts and braidouts. And if I ever get around to purchasing a bonnet dryer, then some rollersets.

I would like to try a cellophane in the red family (think like Faith Evans) color for a change. I have always kept my natural hair color sandy brown, so lately I have been thinking of a temporary change ...I hope it will not be too drastic :perplexed

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new seaso

no more chops for me.. this year is all about gaining length

Last edited:

I plan on bc'ing after The April Fools Challenge is over. I'm also doing the C&G technique right now. I really can't wait to rock my TWA under the sun! I mat try henna also becuz the grey are in full effect!!!! :eek:

I definitely want a NEW LOOK! I've been wearing kinky twist for about a year now! I'm natural...I'm gonna probably get my hair and eye brows colored and hair cut in layers. Not sure yet, though.

Well by spring I should be 100% natural (if BC goes as planned) so I will really have a new look. I plan to spend the spring getting my styles down (twists, twist outs, puffs, and comb coils) and perfecting wash and go's for the summer

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new season?

My only plan is to get my hair healthy and out of this rut. I may get braids or cornrows, but I don't know. They hurt and bother me, so I almost always take them out after a week. It drives me crazy to have my hair so tight and confined, but I think I'll do it --puts hands on hips like a superhero-- for the sake of my hair! :D

Re: SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER! Are you planning any hair changes for the new season?

For the spring I'm not planning to do anything too drastic. I'm saving that for the summer. In the meantime, I plan to trim and stay braided (whether it's single braids or cornrows) up doing the crown and glory method. I'll be alternating between using extensions and then using my hair only w/o extensions. I'll probably get a new curly phony pony to enhance my look when I braid up my hair w/o extensions.

I am itching to get some color, but i've been saying that forever and my hair is still black. If I don't color I won't be doing anything different just twists and buns all the time.

Back