It's all gone....now what

JLove74

On Sunday, I did a BC (well sort of). My last relaxer was Nov '06. The transition was pretty smooth, no setbacks, no breakage, no problems really. Weekly rollersets (with roots blown, every now and then for full blow out). I cut my ends every other month and made sure I had a good balance of protein and moisturizer. I really think the henna, amla and shikakai powders helped with the strength of my hair.

So, here is a short history of my hair :
15eicdt.jpg

After the cut:
DSC00002.jpg

Today:
DSC00037.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

The stylist cut it dry and erred on the side of caution, so she didn't cut off as much. But since I wet it and see relaxed ends, I'm going this weekend to see Yodit (stylist in DC) to take off the rest and get it shaped. I'm so excited.

Any suggestions on taking care of my new huur, lemme know. Advanced Warning: I may be bugging some of you natural ladies for advice

I love it!!! It looks so good on you, girl!

I think you should stick with your reggie that you have been on, but add more moisture on those ends. It might take you a little while to find what works with your natural hair, but you will find something that will suit you and it will work out fine.

congrats! you and your hair are both lovely :yep:

moisture, protein, and TLC. i've found that simplicity is best, but most of us here already know that. :look: hope you're enjoying your natural hair! :grin:

Last edited:
On Sunday, I did a BC (well sort of). My last relaxer was Nov '06. The transition was pretty smooth, no setbacks, no breakage, no problems really. Weekly rollersets (with roots blown, every now and then for full blow out). I cut my ends every other month and made sure I had a good balance of protein and moisturizer. I really think the henna, amla and shikakai powders helped with the strength of my hair.

So, here is a short history of my hair :
15eicdt.jpg

After the cut:
DSC00002.jpg

Today:
DSC00037.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

The stylist cut it dry and erred on the side of caution, so she didn't cut off as much. But since I wet it and see relaxed ends, I'm going this weekend to see Yodit (stylist in DC) to take off the rest and get it shaped. I'm so excited.

Any suggestions on taking care of my new huur, lemme know. Advanced Warning: I may be bugging some of you natural ladies for advice

That's OK... LadyLibra would love to have you bug her... and you two even share a zodiac sign... it was meant to be!:hide:

Your hair looks great, but I couldn't stop looking at your smile. You gots some purdy teef :grin: :yep:

Congrats! It looks great

I'm still trying to figure out what works with my hair (my hair has mood swings) but here are the list of products my hair likes:

Redken Chelating Shampoo
Vatika Oil- as a pre-poo
Aveda DR- protein shampoo and conditioner
Ojon Nuturing - moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
Aubrey GPB- light protein
Cantu Shea Butter- Leave-In
IC Fantasia- smooths down hair
FOE Aloe Vera- smooths down hair
Roux Porosity Control- It helps my conditoner take better

OMGoodness!!! You did it!:grin:

I like the texture.

My BC is coming when my original texture/hair is shoulder length. That might be 1.5 years from now...:look:...I think.:spinning:

Thanks ladies....

I have to admit, as much as I was ready for my natural journey to began, I was a little worried about the comments I would receive from family, friends and co-workers. My boss said "You know, I think the curls look better on you. Your other hair made you look stuffy and uptight, you look more relaxed and carefree.":grin: He's a white man!

But, one of my other co-workers (a black woman, with thinning hair that relaxes every 4 weeks) says "Girl, you dun set us back 100 years commin' up in hurr wit dem naps":nono: I was too through.

I love my napps, curls or whatever you wanna call 'em:yep::yep:

Thanks ladies....

I have to admit, as much as I was ready for my natural journey to began, I was a little worried about the comments I would receive from family, friends and co-workers. My boss said "You know, I think the curls look better on you. Your other hair made you look stuffy and uptight, you look more relaxed and carefree.":grin: He's a white man!

But, one of my other co-workers (a black woman, with thinning hair that relaxes every 4 weeks) says "Girl, you dun set us back 100 years commin' up in hurr wit dem naps":nono: I was too through.

I love my napps, curls or whatever you wanna call 'em:yep::yep:

Ignorant!

What kind of shadow and blush do you have on in that pic? Lipstick too?

Back