It's all gone....now what

This is OT, but your eyebrows look really good! Where do you get them done, or do you do them yourself? Your hair looks great too. Pretty woman!

Thanks ladies....

I have to admit, as much as I was ready for my natural journey to began, I was a little worried about the comments I would receive from family, friends and co-workers. My boss said "You know, I think the curls look better on you. Your other hair made you look stuffy and uptight, you look more relaxed and carefree.":grin: He's a white man!

But, one of my other co-workers (a black woman, with thinning hair that relaxes every 4 weeks) says "Girl, you dun set us back 100 years commin' up in hurr wit dem naps":nono: I was too through.

I love my napps, curls or whatever you wanna call 'em:yep::yep:
What a rude comment. She should have kept that rudeness to herself. I'm mad just thinking about it. What did you say back to her? I hope you kept a lovely smile on your face. Can I come over there and :hardslap: her? Pretty please. :look:

What a rude comment. She should have kept that rudeness to herself. I'm mad just thinking about it. What did you say back to her? I hope you kept a lovely smile on your face. Can I come over there and :hardslap: her? Pretty please. :look:

it took so much for me to not say "I know you ain't talkin' with your blue magic wearing, deep conditioning needing, see through ends and scalp self"

I was boiling, but kept it moving. She wasn't going to steal my joy:grin:

JLove74 your hair is so thick and beautiful. Um, your hair is nowhere near being all gone. There's alot of beautiful hair on your head. I just did the BC in December and I hope I can get length and thickness like yours by the end of the year (a girl can wish can't she.) I just bookmarked your blog. I love it cuz I'm totally into natural "care." Please check out my blog and let me know what you think.

JLove74 your hair is so thick and beautiful. Um, your hair is nowhere near being all gone. There's alot of beautiful hair on your head. I just did the BC in December and I hope I can get length and thickness like yours by the end of the year (a girl can wish can't she.) I just bookmarked your blog. I love it cuz I'm totally into natural "care." Please check out my blog and let me know what you think.

Thanks CherryBlossom. I'm checking out your blog now and saving as a favorite. I have a question for you so check your PM.

it took so much for me to not say "I know you ain't talkin' with your blue magic wearing, deep conditioning needing, see through ends and scalp self"

I was boiling, but kept it moving. She wasn't going to steal my joy:grin:

That's great, you handled it well. Congrats on your big chop, you look lovely.

On Sunday, I did a BC (well sort of). My last relaxer was Nov '06. The transition was pretty smooth, no setbacks, no breakage, no problems really. Weekly rollersets (with roots blown, every now and then for full blow out). I cut my ends every other month and made sure I had a good balance of protein and moisturizer. I really think the henna, amla and shikakai powders helped with the strength of my hair.

So, here is a short history of my hair :
15eicdt.jpg

After the cut:
DSC00002.jpg

Today:
DSC00037.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

The stylist cut it dry and erred on the side of caution, so she didn't cut off as much. But since I wet it and see relaxed ends, I'm going this weekend to see Yodit (stylist in DC) to take off the rest and get it shaped. I'm so excited.

Any suggestions on taking care of my new huur, lemme know. Advanced Warning: I may be bugging some of you natural ladies for advice
Looking good! And I LOVE Yodit!

Back