Is Your S O Older Than Your Parents?

No. However, I was engaged to someone 6 years younger than my parents and 10 years older than me. They thought he was taking advantage or stealing my best years. He was/ is a great man and treated me like a queen. My parents never married nor have had successful relationships. So I don't take their thoughts/feelings seriously.

Our personalities are so different and she has some mental health issues that need to be addressed. I do too- but I don't take it out on her out anyone else. At first I thought it was hormonal, but she's pretty sure she went through menopause early.

She a Virgo, the same sign as my mother, and can be very overbearing and needy at times. Accusatory, jealous... I'm a Scorpio and used to having space to breathe and just be. She's not all bad. We have many great times and experiences but idk if those moments can sustain me through the lows. I don't like drama or volatile situations. I didn't have problems like these when I dated men exclusively. I also didn't care about men's feelings and would move on.

I have dreams and goals I don't think I can accomplish if I have to hand hold while supporting her dreams.

ETA: she may be a year older than my mom, but we just say that she's a few days older.

@NappyNelle

Give it up right there..lol Virgos and Scorpios do not mix at ALL!

I think therrs some truth to the stereotype of you ger women who habitually prefer and pursue romantic relationships with much older men.......

All I know is that I don't think this setup is for me.

Personally, I don't think I care much for dating older men.

It's never been something I've been interested in or into. Not opposed just kinda disinterested.

I'm still disinterested.

And I'm bored.

And annoyed.

Furthermore, Ive always struggled with respecting my elders. Its dumb. I don't personally believe most people grow older and wiser with age. They just get old. The idiot at 22 is usually the same idiot at 62. That 62 year old idiot doesn't have ish I'm interested in hearing simply because I already know their old ass doesn't have ish worth a damn to say. gramps/granny please. Lol. Needless to say age has little to no influence on my character judgements. Thus, there's no +plus+ or advantage just because someone has racked up a lot of birthdays.....

Anyway....back to my initial statement....plus, I dont need a father figure or anything of the sort. No daddy issues ova here. My father loves himself some barbie, even when I'm a complete spoiled ****** when he's tryna be nice. Lol. Now that other biological reproductive figure is a different story. :lol:

I don't think it's gonna work out.

Oh well.

Guess now I gotta decide whether to ignore him, play/use him or be honest. The last option is a task. Esp considering I'm not good at saying stuff right when it comes to humans and their feelings.....:look:

Ot: i cant wait til I'm old. I'm gonna be Madea on crack. Lmao. I can't wait to say a bunch of ignant arse ish and parlay w/rude geriatric shennanigans like cutting lines or forgetting to hold the door. My bad, I'm an old lady forgive my senility:lachen::rofl:

Last edited:
We just broke up. Maybe for good this time.

@NappyNelle

Awwwwww. That's so sad. I'm sorry to hear youre going through that. How are you holding up?

Eta: are you really that surprised to learn that women are crazy???? Men and lesbians sre masochists. Women are full time job. They're so crazy their crazy is contagious, which makes you crazy by proxy just from being around their crazy arse lol

SERIOUSLY. RUN FOREST RUN. RUN FAR AWAY IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AS FAST AS YOU CAN.:roadrunner:

I'm not even joking.

Don't do it. You'll regret it. I promise you.

Your life has value and purpose. Fact, being in a realtionship with another women is almost a guarantee to ruin a woman's life in the long run. It's not like gay men and heterosexual relationships. Men are logical. Women are emotional. Trust, there is literally little to nothing good or to gain more often than not. Play with fire.....It is what it is.

Last edited:
@mslyons I would feel more confident if she weren't so emotionally (and sometimes financially) dependent on me. This is the fourth time I've tried ending the relationship and her reaction is so extreme that I'm terrified something will happen. I can't cut her off like I can a man. She keeps asking what she can do to fix it, but there's nothing to do now. I'm completely drained. Completely empty. Emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I want to get back to being me.

Lol @barbiesocialite I see it. I feel crazy trying to understand her and I've only met one person with a similar personality; when that girl was on meds she was a great friend! Very self aware.

I wish I could just be myself around my ex-gf but she says I'm cold and "women don't act like that." I don't find that to be true at all.

Remember the "can you date a person with mental illness" thread? Yeah, I can't do it. I'm the only one that can battle anxiety and depression in the relationship.

I've never had these kinds of issues with men. I don't see many healthy, functional lesbian relationships in Brooklyn. Well, at least not in her circle.

@mslyons I would feel more confident if she weren't so emotionally (and sometimes financially) dependent on me. This is the fourth time I've tried ending the relationship and her reaction is so extreme that I'm terrified something will happen. I can't cut her off like I can a man. She keeps asking what she can do to fix it, but there's nothing to do now. I'm completely drained. Completely empty. Emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I want to get back to being me.

Lol @barbiesocialite I see it. I feel crazy trying to understand her and I've only met one person with a similar personality; when that girl was on meds she was a great friend! Very self aware.

I wish I could just be myself around my ex-gf but she says I'm cold and "women don't act like that." I don't find that to be true at all.

Remember the "can you date a person with mental illness" thread? Yeah, I can't do it. I'm the only one that can battle anxiety and depression in the relationship.

I've never had these kinds of issues with men. I don't see many healthy, functional lesbian relationships in Brooklyn. Well, at least not in her circle.

Emotional and financial dependency In a relationship doesn't work for me or any woman, IMO. The only time that's acceptable is in a parent child relationship. I'm glad you were are able to break up with her. I'm with @barbiesocialite run girl! She's seems draining AF.

Back